Mega Thread Brownlow Medal Thread - the precount excitement, the nailbiting count etc post it in here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Boyd will surprise. Mitchell likely for top votes. Judd will start slow, then fire after the halfway point with a bunch of 3 votes. Dal Santo will be right up there. Goodes left his run too late. Pendles will do well but never really challenge - in fact Swan could beat or match him. Murphy will start like a house on fire but lose gas late in the year. Ablett won't poll enough big games but will slowly but surely reach the top group.

Anyone know if either Channel 7 or Foxtel will be showing the Brownlow Count live into Perth? It has been live for the past 2 years, either being on 7HD (which is gone) or Main Event on Foxtel.

Thanks!

Re: Bartel a Smokey for the Chas

Well someone has to get votes at Geelong. 19 wins would suggest we'd provide a contender. And with GAJ not around and most of our other midfielders missing a few games, someone will be getting more votes.

Judd and Murphy / Swan and Pendles have had better years - but they're surely going to take votes from each other. Also, no matter how dominant you are, best on ground is 3 votes only.

Do not be surprised if he's up there.

Would rather place my money on SJ than Bartel for this year tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:thumbsu: LSV

still feel bartel will poll well though

RD1 3 Votes J Bartel
Rd 2 v freo was in best with enright
Rd 3 v port was BOG
Rd 4 v syd wojack, ottens. maybe a vote
Rd 5 v haw chappy, bartel

he polls and polls hard. golden boy IMO

You can get $126 about him leading at round 12 if you think he will poll that hard early.

Cats will just share them around and the highest cat will end up with 12-15 votes I reckon. SJ @ 9's for most team votes is good value I think.

Doubt it. As other Cats fans have said, he is a better chance for the Norm Smith, but I'm backing Kelly or Ottens to win it though.

For once, I don't care if Judd wins it.

I just don't want a Geelong player to win it, simply because in 07 and 09 when they won their flags, they also collected the Brownlow (Ablett -09, Bartel - 07).

So I send a request to the little men, anyone but a Cat please.:D

Just going through the form bar in the Herald Sun today, and Dane Swan comes up with 10 games he could possibly get 3 votes in. Plus 5 other games were he is the possibility of polling. Everyone has counted him out because of his "slump" in the middle of the season which was only 5 games, the 6th he kicked 4 goals which ended up being the difference in the game and pollworthy. Every other game he could be in the reckoning.

Compare that to Judd who had the same amount of ordinary games throughout the season, and probably less games where he looked as though he was the standout due to Murphys great year.

I agree with some others, I think Mitchell may be the one who polls the most votes, but Swan is my tip to win it due to his ineligibility. Judd and Murphy to tie for second followed by Boyd who was a standout in his side, they just wont win enough games for him to win it.

Got Goodes of course...would be a laugh if the world had been backing Judd to get his third but was Goodes who gets his third. Rumour is Judd parked straight turning up at least 13 times this season so thats 13 votes to start with.

Still think a woodsman will win it this year, with dal santo a smokey after an underrated season.

Judd will probably win, Goodes far less likely though I think.

Betting wise, seeing as there isn't much value with Judd, I've gone a Boyd/Swan quinella and Priddis to finish top 5.

Would love to see Dal Santo win it but I don't think we won enough games in the first half of the season, although he might storm home when we strung some wins together in the second half. He was consistently in our best players and won't have Hayes stealing votes off him like in previous years.

If not Dal Santo then I wouldn't mind seeing Goodes win a third Brownlow, one of my favourite non Saints players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back