Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * ACT Bar clears former DPP head Shane Drumgold of misconduct

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

FIONA BROWN - AFFIDAVIT

Last edited:
Will the outcome of this appeal likely to be finalised before the trial in Toowoomba commences? I wonder if that has factored in.
Yes- it has more than likely been factored in.

As I've mentioned in this thread previously, IMHO, the potential impact it might have on his upcoming Toowoomba rape trial has been a key factor on how Bruce Lehrmann has handled the timing and handling of his appeal process to his disastrous (from his perspective) failed Federal Court defamation trial.

If nothing else, it adds weight to the strong likelihood of the Toowoomba Magistrate determining that Lehrmann's rape trial be decided by Judge alone rather than in front of a jury.

Given that it is now more than three years since Lehrmann allegedly twice r*ped his victim early hours of October 10, 2021 in Toowoomba, any further delay in Lehrmann facing court would be intolerable for his victim. Setting aside the start date for his upcoming criminal trial for a civil matter in another jurisdiction would be publicly unacceptable. Having a judge-only trial for his rape trial in Qld would mitigate the suggestion that the outcome of the Federal Court appeal process would unfairly influence judgement in either or both.

Obviously, I have no insider knowledge but can only hope that his next criminal trial commences as planned in coming days where procedural matters, including applications for the matter of judge only v jury will be processed.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * ACT Bar clears former DPP head Shane Drumgold of misconduct

Remove this Banner Ad

Back