Bruce Lehrmann revealed as man charged with two counts of rape in Toowoomba

Remove this Banner Ad

While likely ineffective I don’t have an issue with trying.

Errr, OK.

Just who would you send this contempt order to, exactly? These are AI bot accounts.

Or do you think Mr Musk will follow up each bot account personally on behalf of the WA Supreme Court, him being a champion of justice and all?

Reynolds asking the Judge to send a contempt order to hundreds of twitter bots was just idiocy on a stick. And a sign of just how well thought out her defamation action against her former employee (who was r*ped in her bloody office in Parliament House FFS) has played out.

Edit: I can just imagine the response of Senator Reynolds as Defence Minister being told our nation is facing a DOS attack on major infrastructure facilities in Australia.

Reynolds: 'Can you please send an email asking them to stop?'

Head of Australian Signals Directorate (ASD): 'Yes we can Minister. Who do you suggest I send this request to?'

Reynolds: 'Them!! We have their names in the emails don't we?'

Head of ASD: 'Well, yes we do.'

Reynolds: 'So, what's stopping you?'

Head of ASD: 'Well Minister....I'm just not sure many of my analysts are convinced that Bocci BigBottoms of Ballarat is the mastermind behind all this'

Last edited:
Errr, OK.

Just who would you send this contempt order to, exactly? These are AI bot accounts.

Or do you think Mr Musk will follow up each bot account personally on behalf of the WA Supreme Court, him being a champion of justice and all?

Reynolds asking the Judge to send a contempt order to hundreds of twitter bots was just idiocy on a stick. And a sign of just how well thought out her defamation action against her former employee (who was r*ped in her bloody office in Parliament House FFS) has played out.

Edit: I can just imagine the response of Senator Reynolds as Defence Minister being told our nation is facing a DOS attack on major infrastructure facilities in Australia.

Reynolds: 'Can you please send an email asking them to stop?'

Head of Australian Signals Directorate (ASD): 'Yes we can Minister. Who do you suggest I send this request to?'

Reynolds: 'Them!! We have their names in the emails don't we?'

Head of ASD: 'Well, yes we do.'

Reynolds: 'So, what's stopping you?'

Head of ASD: 'Well Minister....I'm just not sure many of my analysts are convinced that Bocci BigBottoms of Ballarat is the mastermind behind all this'
send the order to the owner of the site - IE musk. And yes while it does nothing immediately, maybe can later be leveraged into something. At anyrate, it takes little effort for the judge to do so, and maybe at some later date if musk visits australia having not paid/ complied wiht the notice, we can imprison his arse for shits and giggles and extortion of cash

Well, if we go back to the purpose of the defamation case, ans that's whether the tweets defamed her by claiming she wasn't supported and there was a cover-up. Then I guess we can get some sense of how this will play out.

The Higgins defence team has, in my opinion, made a good case that she wasn't supported through this.

I'm not sure about the cover-up. Certainly, it smells, the AFP person (Leanne Close???) Testimony certainly provided questions. However, is that enough to suggest there was an active attempt to cover this up? I'm not sure, I'm certainly no expert in the matter.

I'm not sure about the cover-up. Certainly, it smells, the AFP person (Leanne Close???) Testimony certainly provided questions. However, is that enough to suggest there was an active attempt to cover this up?
As I found to my cost some years ago when my shop was cleaned out by a so-called friend's son and his shit mates, what the cops know and what the cops can prove to a suitable standard in court are often two completely different things.

As I found to my cost some years ago when my shop was cleaned out by a so-called friend's son and his shit mates, what the cops know and what the cops can prove to a suitable standard in court are often two completely different things.
Defamation standard isn't as high as the criminal standard.

If the judge finds on probability that Reynolds wasn't supportive of Higgins, that's enough for Higgins' tweets to not be defamation. It's certainly not clear that Reynolds "did" support Higgins.

The bottom line is that Higgins didn't feel supported and Reynolds was/is emotionally fragile, so to me it's reasonable to presume she had no idea how to be supportive or a good manager at the time either. She has certainly been shown to still be unsupportive.

The Albanese government has agreed to pay Linda Reynolds’ legal costs in her referral of the commonwealth’s multimillion-dollar settlement with Brittany Higgins to the federal anti-corruption body.

The attorney general, Mark Dreyfus, wrote to the Liberal senator on Tuesday confirming that her application for legal assistance in a National Anti-Corruption Commission matter had been approved by his department’s secretary, a document tabled in parliament on Thursday showed.

Reynolds referred the attorney general’s December 2022 decision – to grant the senator legal assistance in Higgins’ personal injury settlement, but to disallow her involvement in any mediation – to the NACC in October 2023.

It is not known whether the NACC (which refused to investigate corruption allegations stemming from the Royal Commission into the Morrison Government's RoboDebt Scheme) has decided to commence an investigation into the Higgins' matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce Lehrmann revealed as man charged with two counts of rape in Toowoomba

Remove this Banner Ad

Back