Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Hyde Park has raised one question.

Why the f*** did we not get Johnny 99?

Got it at 1st Brisbane show as well. It was song 12 sandwiched between a great Murder Incorporated ( where Tom starred) and Because the Night ( where Nils starred).

This is bullshit, look what Norway got last night... :mad:

Pre-show acoustic set:
This Hard Land
All That Heaven Will Allow
The Fever (OMFFFFGGGGGG *drool* .... started as solo piano, the piano ****ed up and he finished on acoustic guitar)
Growin' Up

Find me another major international performer who does this....

Elvis cover as part of the main set

And no videos yet but it seems the show opened with Van Zandt doing the song he performed in the 5th episode of Lilyhammer (which is a great show). Groovy song too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm finding it quite distressing to think that Bruce is playing somewhere and I'm not there to see it. I was nearly over the withdrawals, but have now relapsed big time.

However, I could do without that godawful opening number of Steve's. What a shit tune!

I've seen quite a few comments where you talk about the magic of the bridge in Backstreets (and rightly so), but the bridge in SITN nearly tops it....not quite, but close. Great, great, great song.
The bridge in Backstreets is magnificent.

Yes, I agree. The breakdown is brilliant. Max's drum reminiscent of a heartbeat, and one of my favourite segments of music ever when Bruce plays those notes at the end of the guitar and Max rumbles away. Brilliant.

Night 2 from Oslo -

1. LEAP OF FAITH
2. The Promised Land
3. Downbound Train
4. Cover Me
5. Out In The Street
6. We Take Care of Our Own
7. Wrecking Ball
8. Death To My Hometown
9. Spirit in the Night
10. Saving Up (request)
11. Atlantic City
12. Murder Incorporated
13. Johnny 99
14. Working on the Highway
15. Open All Night
16. Shackled and Drawn
17. Waitin' on a Sunny Day
18. The Rising
19. Badlands
20. Land of Hope and Dreams

21. The Promise (solo piano)
22. Born in the USA
23. Born to Run
24. Ramrod
25. Dancing in the Dark
26. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
27. Shout

Good set - would be happy with that. Saving Up especially. Atlantic City and Murder Inc back to back would be to die for. Downbound Train too.

And professional shot footage from night one, great sound

http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/63836/se-utdrag-fra-springsteen-konserten

The quality of that link is ****en brilliant.

And the whole floor area was a pit, not like in Oz where they sold seats for most of the floor, plus lost space as needed walkway to get off elevated platform. Probably charged less in Norway.

But that first concert in Oslo was pretty dam good.

http://brucetapes.com/2013/04/28/bruce-springsteen-2013-04-29-telenor-arena-oslo-norway/

Soundcheck:
Spirit In The Night (Acoustic)
Better Days (Video #1 – 8 second clip)
Spirit In The Night
We Take Care Of Our Own (Video #1) (Video #2 clip pro-shot)
Follow That Dream
Two Hearts
Acoustic Solo Pre-Concert:
This Hard Land (Video #1) (Video #2)
ALL THAT HEAVEN WILL ALLOW* (Video #1) (Video #2) (Video #3)
THE FEVER* (Video #1 clip) (Video #2) (Video #3) (Video #4) (Video #5)
Growing Up (Video #1 clip) (Video #2)
*Tour Premiere
Concert:
1. MY KIND OF TOWN* (Steven Van Zandt) (Video #1 clip) (Video #2 pro-shot)
2. Two Hearts (Video #1)
3. No Surrender (Video #1 clip) (Video #2 clip)
4. Badlands (Video #1)
5. Better Days
6. We Take Care Of Our Own (Video #1 clip)
7. Wrecking Ball (Video #1)
8. Death to My Hometown
9. Hungry Heart (Video #1) (Video #2 short clip) (Video #3 short clip) (Video #4 clip) (Video #5 clip)
10. Spirit In The Night (Video #1 short clip) (Video #2) (Video #3)
11. E Street Shuffle (Video #1)
12. FOLLOW THAT DREAM* (Video #1) (Video #2) (Video #3 nice!) (Video #4)
13. The River (Video #1 clip) (Video #2) (Video #3) (Video #4) (Video #5)
14. Prove It All Night (’78 guitar intro) (Video #1) (Video #2) (Video #3)
15. She’s The One
16. Pay Me My Money Down (Video #1) (Video #2) (Video #3) (Video #4) (Video #5 clip) (Video #6 clip) (Video #7)
17. Darlington County (Video #1) (Video #2) (Video #3 clip)
18. Shackled & Drawn (Video #1)
19. Waitin’ On a Sunny Day (Video #1) (Video #2 short clip with a kid)
20. The Rising (Video #1) (Video #2 clip)
21. Lonesome Day
22. Thunder Road (Video #1) (Video #2)
Encore:
23. For You (solo piano) (Video #1) (Video #2) (Video #3)
24. Born In The USA (Video #1)
25. Born To Run (Video #1) (Video #2 clip) (Video #3)
26. Dancing In The Dark (Video #1) (Video #2)
27. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out (Video #1) (Video #2 clip)
10:30pm
7:45 – 10:30 = 2 hours 45 min for main set.
*Tour Premiere

- “”My Kind of Town” or “My Kind of Town (Chicago Is)” is a popular song composed by Jimmy Van Heusen, with lyrics by Sammy Cahn. It was originally part of the musical score for Robin and the 7 Hoods, a 1964 musical film starring several members of the Rat Pack. ......
“Frank Sinatra recorded several versions which have appeared on many of his albums. Also, many artists have performed the song as a tribute to Sinatra in posthumous tribute albums. .....

- Follow That Dream – “Originally by Elvis Presley, from his 1962 EP Follow That Dream. Written by Fred Wise and Ben Weisman. Totally rearranged by Bruce Springsteen: originally faster, Bruce slows it down giving it a dramatic pace. Also lyrics are partially different.
Premiered during The River tour on 19 Apr 1981 at the Palais Des Sports, Paris, France. It was the opener of the show. Played 25 times during that tour. Played 11 time during the Born In The USA tour. Later played ..........

http://brucetapes.com/2013/04/28/bruce-springsteen-2013-04-29-telenor-arena-oslo-norway/

I was hoping he would do For You in Oz. On the first night in Oslo he played it on Piano solo. Think its only the second time I have seen the piano version. Takes a bit of getting used to.

The first time I heard a piano version of For You, I didn't even recognise it. Would have been the Hammersmith '75 version. I was just thinking "WTF is this awful cover. Skip." Obviously I have since changed my opinion.

Good to see the Eurotrash aren't getting High Hopes. Let's hope that gem stays exclusive for us. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back