Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a Rocker was a sign request song late in Brisbane # 2 show way back in March 2003. The band had to think about it and I saw Roy flicking thru his book of songs.

I remember looking it up on Greasy Lake a couple of days after the show and saw he didn't play it between early 1985 and late 2002 and only played it twice in late 2002.

Another one of those great simple pop songs from The River.

What have you thought so far RussellEbertHandball?

You have spent a lot more time listening to The Promise than I have is my first thought. But that's good because it makes me go back and give it a good listen again after a couple of years.

I just can't do a top 100. Its too hard for me as I keep chopping and changing.

But I have thought of doing a top 10 or 15 by categories. eg some categories like gritty pop songs, gritty folk/accoustic sad story songs, fun songs, pure pop songs, Tsunami of sound songs, love songs, political songs, epic story songs etc.

You have spent a lot more time listening to The Promise than I have is my first thought. But that's good because it makes me go back and give it a good listen again after a couple of years.

I just can't do a top 100. Its too hard for me as I keep chopping and changing.

But I have thought of doing a top 10 or 15 by categories. eg some categories like gritty pop songs, gritty folk/accoustic sad story songs, fun songs, pure pop songs, Tsunami of sound songs, love songs, political songs, epic story songs etc.
I don't listen to full albums hardly ever, except Born To Run.

Those are the songs that stand out on it for me.

Do it, and definitely post it in here!

Had a great night at the Gaslight Anthem gig at the Palace last night, but they really do lag way behind Bruce for crowd interaction and making the audience feel like they are witnessing something special. They played really well, Brian Fallon's voice was in top form (for once) and crowd sang along enthusiastically, I just wish they went a little longer and goofed around a little more.

I love gigs where you know every word to every song played.

I also think that I may have been the oldest person there.

This is an interesting stat songs performed by albums on one of the set list sites I visit. It places the song/no. of performances by the album the song was recorded ie The Promise is under 18 Tracks as it was there in 1998 as opposed to The Promise album which was released in 2010.

It has a covers "album" for covers and others is songs he has written but not recorded on an album eg I'm a Coward, Tokyo and songs that run into each other eg Mona/She's the One Fade Away/She's the One.

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/albums/bruce-springsteen-2bd6dcce.html

Herning, Denmark Setlist:

1. Long Walk Home
2. My Love Will Not Let You Down
3. The Ties That Bind
4. We Take Care of Our Own
5. Out in the Street
6. Wrecking Ball
7. Death to My Hometown
8. Hungry Heart
9. Tougher Than the Rest
10. Does this Bus Stop at 82nd Street?
11. For You
12. I Wish I Were Blind (Solo, Guitar)
13. The River
14. Prove it all Night (1978)
15. Murder INC.
16. Johnny 99
17. Open all Night
18. Shackled and Drawn
19. Waiting on a Sunny Day
20. The Rising
21. Badlands
22. Land of Hope and Dreams

23. Born in the USA
24. Born to Run
25. Dancing in the Dark
26. Ramrod
27. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out

I much prefer Pay Me to Open All Night. Not a fan of Johnny 99 much either. Prove It 78 and Murder Inc back to back would have been epic.

I nearly made a drastic decision and change everything down a place to accomodate I'm A Rocker. Still mulling.

79) Talk To Me
Album: The Promise (2010)
*New entry*

Talk To Me is another song that falls under the ‘fun’ section in Bruce Springsteen songs. Filled with riffs that give off a joyous vibe, and a very full sounding horn section, it is easy to get caught up thinking it is indeed a song about happiness.

Talk To Me tells the story of a boy wanting a girl, however, she is already in a relationship with another man, and seems oblivious to know that this person even exists.

Fairly simple song and I don’t think there is much else to it.

This is great

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumours of October/November US dates getting stronger. Plzzzzz wait until my exams are over (don't mind skipping graduation to go, but exams are kinda important...) :thumbsu:

Being a tourist, plenty of time to camp out in front. The sign:

I came thousands of kilometres over SHARK INFESTED WATERS,​
to hear,​
The Fever.​

Shut up :D

Well it's not my favourite of albums, songs are hit or miss on The River for me.

I feel very much the same way about The River, but if you have a really good look at the track listing, you realise that there's a heap of quality there. Take out some the novelty shite such as Sherry Darling, You Can Look, Cadillac Ranch and the downright cringeworthy Wanna Marry You and you are left with a dead set classic album. If you needed to cull even further, I'd probably leave out Hungry Heart, I'm a Rocker and Stolen Car. To be honest, even the title track doesn't do that much for me anymore.

As this was the first Springsteen album I ever heard, it will always feel special to me. I was mesmerised by Independance Day the very first time I heard it.

**** this is awesome. No sign of I Wish I Were Blind as of yet :mad:

I'll confess I was stumped when Jackson Cage came out at Hanging Rock 2, but at least I'd actually heard of it. :D Now I love it.

Lot's of fun!

I feel very much the same way about The River, but if you have a really good look at the track listing, you realise that there's a heap of quality there. Take out some the novelty shite such as Sherry Darling, You Can Look, Cadillac Ranch and the downright cringeworthy Wanna Marry You and you are left with a dead set classic album. If you needed to cull even further, I'd probably leave out Hungry Heart, I'm a Rocker and Stolen Car. To be honest, even the title track doesn't do that much for me anymore.

As this was the first Springsteen album I ever heard, it will always feel special to me. I was mesmerised by Independance Day the very first time I heard it.
Independence Day is average, I find it boring.

The River spawned Ties though. Amazing.

Independence Day is average, I find it boring.

The River spawned Ties though. Amazing.

You're all insane.

His second-best album. The rockers are necessary. Scratch that - they're essential.

Hungry Heart is the worst song on the album.

YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!

Barely. Moved house, then got Glandular Fever. Still operating at about 40% after 5 weeks.

Made me really grumpy... and then I read people dissing The River. My god, what is the world coming to?

The only down thing I have to say about that album is that it sounds horrible. In urgent need of a remaster.

Barely. Moved house, then got Glandular Fever. Still operating at about 40% after 5 weeks.

Made me really grumpy... and then I read people dissing The River. My god, what is the world coming to?

The only down thing I have to say about that album is that it sounds horrible. In urgent need of a remaster.
You'll be glad to know that I like I'm A Rocker :)

I really need to get more of this countdown happening. I have slacked off heaps. PS. Yours isn't on the site anymore!

You'll be glad to know that I like I'm A Rocker :)

I really need to get more of this countdown happening. I have slacked off heaps. PS. Yours isn't on the site anymore!

Yeah I know :( Massive server crash lost everything since 2008.

Lucky for me - one of the other guys who posted there decided to host it all on his site as I was doing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back