Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Just caught them all arriving here at the Grand Hyatt in Melbourne.
]

have you started stalking them yet? details required.

]

have you started stalking them yet? details required.

I left as soon as I caught my glimpse! My knees are buggered so standing around any longer than I need to is not an option. Went to Pelligrini for a seat in the kitchen and a plate of pasta. :)

So what this all about...is there a mini stage at the back of the Pit ManWithNoName ?

Two verses into Tenth, and Bruce came down the ramp on my side of the arena for what I assumed was the usual treck to the middle of the back-of-pit mini stage for the tribute. But low and behold, he kept on coming. So I managed to pat him on the back as he came past on his way to the mixing desk about 20 metres from me. Just another whack on the back for Bruce, but a big expression of thanks from me for all his music has meant and done over the years.

Is this your middle back centre?

Intercontinental (formerly Hyatt)

Rumours Bruce is in Sydney tonight to join Eddie Vedder at the Opera House...

I work near there, pity it was too hot to go outside for two days. :(

Intercontinental (formerly Hyatt)

Rumours Bruce is in Sydney tonight to join Eddie Vedder at the Opera House...
Are you serious?

I was at the Sebel. The entire time they were basically across the f***ing road from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you serious?

I was at the Sebel. The entire time they were basically across the f***ing road from me.

Obviously I work near The Sebel too. I might have seen you and never even known. :D

**** this set list comparison. What goes on around the songs is just as important a part of the show. No set list comparison can capture that.

This so much this. It's all about the show man. Bruce could sing the phone book and I'd be happy.

Obviously I work near The Sebel too. I might have seen you and never even known. :D
Due to the heat my trips outside were strictly limited to walks to/from the tram stop and out to get food.

Not to upset you too much Cruyff14, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Jungleland again on this tour. The shiver up my spine came watching Bruce and Jake after the solo. I could be wrong but I just got the feeling it's still a song that's VERY hard for them to perform.

I got exactly the same feeling last night. Jake was motionless and seemed a tad distraught for quite a while until Bruce came up to him.

I thought that it was a really lovely rendition last night.

This so much this. It's all about the show man. Bruce could sing the phone book and I'd be happy.
Yep. People compare setlists but it was Perth 2 when people who'd been to 50, 100 plus Bruce gigs were looking around asking "What the f*** is going on?".

Yep. People compare setlists but it was Perth 2 when people who'd been to 50, 100 plus Bruce gigs were looking around asking "What the f*** is going on?".

It's hard to believe he is getting better. He's letting down ageing men everywhere! How are we meant to live up to his benchmark?

The portrait in his attic must be hideous! :p

Do you know where they stayed in Adelaide? #notstalking #theyvealreadygonesoitsoktoask

on the previous page I wrote

The guys I met from Melbourne - Bruce and Andrew - had a drink at the Intercontinental after the first show as they were staying on North Terrace. They said the whole band was there just chilling back. He said Bruce was off to the side talking to 3 girls - mid 20's. I asked if they spoke to any of the band members? They said no, they were just happy to be at the bar talking and being in the presence of the band and the great man - just like at a show.......

If I wasn't so shagged after 2 days running around in 40 odd degree weather, having to look after my brother inlaw who was in town from Queensland, and losing most of my voice I would have arranged with the boys from Melbourne to meet them after last nights show at the Intercontinental and who knows if we could have had a drink with the band.

After the show my brother inlaw and I had a couple of beers at The Gov and then I drove him home to my other sisters place in the western suburbs near Grange beach. We flicked thru the FM radio stations to see if Bruce was on any stations. No luck.

Driving back home down Grange Road just before the South Road intersection - about a kilometre before the Adelaide Entertainment Centre - Badlands comes on MMM and the radio goes up to 11. I drive past the AEC and I'm singing and going woo -oh -oh etc and go round the bend and catch the lights on Port Road right next to the AEC. It is the live in NYC version and I'm happy if the lights don't change for 3 or 4 minutes and thinking 4- 4.5 hours ago I heard as good a version as that.

I know my bias rating is at about 100, but dammit if Perth #3's 'The Ghost of Tom Joad' isn't one of the most apocalypticly brilliant things I've ever heard.

Sounds menacing on the live download.

I know you have read about it from all us big footyites last year and probably see it on You Tube, but that was exactly my sort of reaction the first time I saw Bruce and Tom do it in the 1st Brisbane show. Great that you still had that reaction even though you knew about it.

Tuesday's version was very good but last night's version was something better and even though I knew what to expect it grabbed my senses by the throat.

Haha my sign got in the shot on Tuesday night. I missed the photo last night. Not sure what I was doing. Incident on 57th Street just left of stage - you can only make out the 57th. Basically had the same spot both nights. The guy in front of me has his head turned talking to the legend Val from Perth and in front of him with the cap on is Danni from USA who with Ted helps organise the line. Empty seats at mid tier level are the corporate box people who were behind the black curtain boozing away until 5 minutes before the show. This was taken about 30 minutes before the show.

BgNrzmCCIAAa1r-.jpg:large

This guy was 2 to my left. Clayton next to me on my left got his Long Walk Home sign selected and the later Patrick got his selected. They both did a great job not letting this a-hole woman push past those of us who lined up in 40+ degrees get in front of us.

Last edited:
Haha my sign got in the shot on Tuesday night. I missed the photo last night. Not sure what I was doing. Incident on 57th Street just left of stage - you can only make out the 57th. Basically had the same spot both nights. The guy in front of me has his head turned talking to the legend Val from Perth and in front of him with the cap on is Danni from USA who with Ted helps organise the line. Empty seats at mid tier level are the corporate box people who were behind the black curtain boozing away until 5 minutes before the show. This was taken about 30 minutes before the show.

BgNrzmCCIAAa1r-.jpg:large
And then just in front of and to Danni's left is noted flog Graham.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back