Bryce Gibbs, a class act

Remove this Banner Ad

AKA The Joker

Debutant
Oct 9, 2008
Port Hedland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Finished watching the replay of Carlton v Richmond, Geez Bryce Gibbs is a real talent, which is not suprising considering his draft position. The kid makes great decisions and has a real penetrating accurate kick.
He really is starting to live up to the huge expecations thrust upon him around draft time and the "Bryce Gibbs Cup"

Still not a top shelf midfielder.

There is a reason he gets the opposition proactive onballer and it's because he lacks pace and therefore is resigned to run with roles.

He will arrive when he learns to handle a tagger.

There is a reason he gets the opposition proactive onballer and it's because he lacks pace and therefore is resigned to run with roles.

Not bad considering he came equal 9th in the Brownlow last year alongside Nick Riewoldt & Marc Murphy :)

His lack of pace is the biggest knock on him at the moment, still he managed to soundly beat deledio last night who is lightning. If he can keep on working on his endurance his lack of pace won't be an issue. He runs to the right spots.

Roll your eyes as much as you like :rolleyes:

Deal with it Adeleaide supporters .......... he is staying a Blue !!!!!!

Announcement soon :)

Damn, and we were going to offer you Tippett and Dangerfield. Oh well, we'll just have to stick with them...:p

As for Gibbsy, he's a gun and is getting smoother all the time with his disposal. Would love to have him, but that said, I hope he stays a Blue, loyalty is a dying thing and willonly get worse with free agency.:(

His lack of pace is the biggest knock on him at the moment, still he managed to soundly beat deledio last night who is lightning. If he can keep on working on his endurance his lack of pace won't be an issue. He runs to the right spots.

His footy nous can't be questioned and I think Ratten is doing the best possible thing he can to curb his only real deficiency.

"Soundly beat" is a little over the top IMO.

Deledio - 21 disposals, 5 marks, 6 tackles
Gibbs - 23 disposals, 6 marks, 4 tackles.

Hardly a shellacking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn, and we were going to offer you Tippett and Dangerfield. Oh well, we'll just have to stick with them...:p

As for Gibbsy, he's a gun and is getting smoother all the time with his disposal. Would love to have him, but that said, I hope he stays a Blue, loyalty is a dying thing and willonly get worse with free agency.:(

Nice post afc :thumbsu:

I absolutely love Tippett & have a would love to have him at the Blues.
He is a pleasure to watch of course except when we play the Crows ;)

Gibbs is definitely staying & an anouncement by the Club is not too far away.
I can see him being a future Captain of our Club after Judd retires & hopefully a future Brownlow medalist.

His footy nous can't be questioned and I think Ratten is doing the best possible thing he can to curb his only real deficiency.

Hardly a shellacking.

It's quality of disposals not just the ammount...oh wait you are just trolling ..carry on .

We are happy with Bryce's development and delighted to have a player with such great skills and decision making ability.

Wow, what great revelations. A number one draft pick is actually half decent! These kind of threads should be created when a smokey from the draft proves himself to be a more than adequate footballer. Whilst he has shown a bit, he still hasn't proven to me that he is going to be anything more than a good solid contributor.

Hardly a shellacking.

I beg to differ as Gibbs only went only Deledio after half time from memory & shut him down. Bryce kicked 2 goals whilst opposed to Deledio.

Gibbs is a midfielder & had to sacrifice his game last night & played a tagging role to shut down Deledio.

Deledio accumulated most of those stats early in the game & had another opponent on him.

So soundly beat it is :thumbsu:

It's quality of disposals not just the ammount...oh wait you are just trolling ..carry on .

We are happy with Bryce's development and delighted to have a player with such great skills and decision making ability.

I care NOUGHT for your opinions.:thumbsdown:

It's not every day that I actually find a rational Carlton poster (Guatama) to converse with.

Is pace his only deficiency? He doesn't really excel in the physical part of the game either does he?

I agree he is developing along nicely though.

He is the classic "behind the ball" midfielder.

His disposal skills also mean that he can be pretty damn devastating in this role.

I beg to differ as Gibbs only went only Deledio after half time from memory & shut him down. Bryce kicked 2 goals whilst opposed to Deledio.

Gibbs is a midfielder & had to sacrifice his game last night & played a tagging role to shut down Deledio.

Deledio accumulated most of those stats early in the game & had another opponent on him.

So soundly beat it is :thumbsu:
Don't be stupid.

Deledio had a better DE%, more i50's, the same amount of clearances and a goal.

Considering how bad Richmond were he played well, not soundly beat at all.

Hardly a shellacking.

Pretty impressed with his performance on Lids seeing as he's 2 year younger and isn't a dual B+F winner.

Gibbs does lack pace, but he more than makes up for it in his great disposal and ability to find space. Pace isn't important if you can use the ball well, Simon Black a prominent example.

Pretty impressed with his performance on Lids seeing as he's 2 year younger and isn't a dual B+F winner.

Gibbs does lack pace, but he more than makes up for it in his great disposal and ability to find space. Pace isn't important if you can use the ball well, Simon Black a prominent example.

Gibbs is not Simon Black. Black is an out and out inside midfielder. Completely different player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bryce Gibbs, a class act

Remove this Banner Ad

Back