Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly:
GWS
Sydney
WB
Saints
Dees
GC

And probably:
Collingwood
Essendon

And in two years' time:
Carlton
Hawthorn

HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH
Carlton would need to turnover their entire list bar Cripps and Wietering to get anywhere near the strength of the top 8 lists.

Collingwood and Essendon? What have you been smoking? can I get some?

No one who earns 600K+ can complain about a lack of support. Family is one hour away, and support is $20 per hour. Work it out, like regular people do, every day.

Im sure the grandparents, aunts and uncles can pay $200 each for a return flight every 2nd week to see them...

Or they could just bring themselves back to Adelaide.

HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH
Carlton would need to turnover their entire list bar Cripps and Wietering to get anywhere near the strength of the top 8 lists.

Don't be stupid. We have plenty more players that will be very good. Docherty is already right up there.

Don't be stupid. We have plenty more players that will be very good. Docherty is already right up there.

Yeah Docherty is a handy flanker type. Definitely in the keep pile.

But if you want a comparison in the crows side you've got Brodie Smith or Laird, who IMO are both better players.

Your list literally needs 30 names turned over before its top 8 standard.

Common decency?
Gibbs told them days earlier.

Not his fault they sat on it.

They didn't sit on it. They offered him assistance so he could stay.

Carlton is clearly being unreasonable in this one. Pick 13+2017 2nd pick is more than fair. Gibbs contributes nothing to Carlton's potential future final surge and Carlton has one of the worst group of young players coming through despite being deep into the rebuild stage.

They have Cripps, Weitering, maybe curnow and, well, who else?

Plowman and Docherty. McKay, Jaksch are developing talls, you can't blame Jaksch for not having his head on right when he entered the club during the Maltpocalypse. Silvagni's kicking a goal a game as a skinny 18 year old.

Lots of dead wood still to be trimmed, which is why Carlton doesn't want cast-offs or a speculative pick next year. 13 and something in the early 20s this year would get it done, where's that early 20s pick for Lyons that the Crows were so confident of getting last week?

Yeah Docherty is a handy flanker type. Definitely in the keep pile.

But if you want a comparison in the crows side you've got Brodie Smith or Laird, who IMO are both better players.

Your list literally needs 30 names turned over before its top 8 standard.

I'm sorry but your opinion is pretty one sided and obnoxious in this thread. I think I should leave it there.

They didn't sit on it. They offered him assistance so he could stay.

So everybody is supposed to wait until carlton keep offering him stuff before htey can mention he wants to return home?

Give me a spell.

Carlton's behaviour has been so immature through this trade period. If they continue to operate like this they wont have anybody willing to trade with them going forward.

has anything happened today or are we waiting until two miuntes before deadline to see iif a deal will happen, the only thing I have read is the Big Roo, saying we want be selling the farm! what has SOS had to say?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry but your opinion is pretty one sided and obnoxious in this thread. I think I should leave it there.

How many times has Docherty been AA?

The irony is you're telling me I'm biased while being biased yourself.

I love it how 12 months ago Gibbs wasnt worth much, and now he's suddenly a superstar of the comp, even though the champion data prospectus has him only as Above Average.

22under22 squad

Rory Laird (Adel)
Jake Lever (Adel)
Rory Atkins (Adel)
Brad Crouch (Adel)
Matt Crouch (Adel)
Charlie Cameron (Adel)
Mitch McGovern (Adel)
Sam Docherty (Carl)
Jacob Weitering (Carl)
Patrick Cripps (Carl)

So everybody is supposed to wait until carlton keep offering him stuff before htey can mention he wants to return home?

Give me a spell.

Carlton's behaviour has been so immature through this trade period. If they continue to operate like this they wont have anybody willing to trade with them going forward.

How so?

Give me a spell.

Get off it mate.

He is contracted so Gibbs' manager can come out and say he wants out and Carlton can respond to that. Crows tried to force our hand plain and simple.

Of course his former agent works at the Crows. Stage managed bullshit.

Can easily negotiate these things in private given we had no obligation to trade him. Crows are negotiating this through media and public opinion.

has anything happened today or are we waiting until two miuntes before deadline to see iif a deal will happen, the only thing I have read is the Big Roo, saying we want be selling the farm! what has SOS had to say?

It went a little like this

SOS: wahhhhhhhhhh we want guns and a first round pick
Everyone: but SOS its Bryce Gibbs not Scott Pendlebury
SOS: but i wannnnnnnnnnnnnnt themmmmmmmm
Everyone: FFS SOS you're a tool.

Get off it mate.

He is contracted so Gibbs' manager can come out and say he wants out and Carlton can respond to that. Crows tried to force our hand plain and simple.

Of course his former agent works at the Crows. Stage managed bullshit.

Can easily negotiate these things in private given we had no obligation to trade him. Crows are negotiating this through media and public opinion.

Boo hoo, what do we owe carlton?

Its not our fault our club knows a player wants to leave before yours does.

What you think it never would have come out without Reid saying what he did? Delusional

Plowman and Docherty. McKay, Jaksch are developing talls, you can't blame Jaksch for not having his head on right when he entered the club during the Maltpocalypse. Silvagni's kicking a goal a game as a skinny 18 year old.

Lots of dead wood still to be trimmed, which is why Carlton doesn't want cast-offs or a speculative pick next year. 13 and something in the early 20s this year would get it done, where's that early 20s pick for Lyons that the Crows were so confident of getting last week?
Docherty is the only player in that 4 you listed that's AFL standard, in fact, he is future AA material. However, you really can't be competitive with such a limited cohort of talented players, and picking off scraps from GWS isn't the way to go IMO.

Sure they were top 10 picks or whatever in their draft year, but with their developments being stalled so drastically, it compromises their initial talent, making them sub-optimal or average at best prospects.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back