Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

God Port have stuffed up their cap. Adl clearly with the better list and then still space.

They paid massive overs to acquire several above average players, like Ryder, Dixon and Hartlett, coupled with signing Lobbe to long term deals and even threw a one year contract at Monfries whose best was 2 years ago. Massive issues at Alberton. Massive.

We are not privy to all the details at hand, I think this will come out in the wash when the deal is completed.

Before Blues supporters start casting disparaging remarks about Gibbs, lets see how everything first pans out. As I have said before clearly, Port could not afford to have Gibbs, given the constraints on hand. Its a non-issue. As it was they were trying to off load Hartlett to ease their salary cap coupled with the personal issues involved with him.

Lets not forget Carlton, do not want to part with pick 5, but also want to acquire Marchbank and Pickett who potentially could be 10+ year players with Carlton coupled with their pick 5, Gibbs has at most 4 years left. Carlton need bargaining chips in order to acquire the GWS players, which they will get if the Crows hand over pick 13.
Who knows maybe we would have preferred a Gibbs for Harlett trade. Gibbs is on a fairly low salary for a player his age. Gibbs will play another 7 seasons I think. He will be excellent for four then maybe off a backflank for another three. God he will only be 31 in four years and he is not the type of player who will age quickly

Of what?
You say B+Fs and AA mean nothing.

How do you get both of those things? By playing good consistent football.

Now has Bryce played good enough and consistent enough football to be All Australian? No
Has Bryce played good enough and consistent enough to win one of the easiest best and fairests in the league? No

Whether you rate him off that or not, its a pretty big indictment that you want such a hefty price for someone your own club doesnt even rate that highly.
Adelaide fan down-playing Gibbs' value...ho hum.

Who knows maybe we would have preferred a Gibbs for Harlett trade. Gibbs is on a fairly low salary for a player his age. Gibbs will play another 7 seasons I think. He will be excellent for four then maybe off a backflank for another three. God he will only be 31 in four years and he is not the type of player who will age quickly

7 seasons?

Serious?

He is 28. There is nothing about him that suggests that he will play till the age of 35.

His salary wage is not our issue, thats a way the CFC handled his contract. All Clubs make mistakes with players contract, this will be one for you guys if you lose him, that is by front loading his contract such that he gets paid massive unders at a new Club.

Hartlett was being offered a pick in the 20s. So by accepting that your accepting less than what the Crows are offering which is strange. Especially given the value of the last few years of players that have gone around pick 13.

The deal will get done in the end, its either our first rounder for Gibbs, or our first and a player(Lyons)/second rounder(2017). Gibbs is gone.

Like Carlton care what you think or Adelaide care what I think.
A deal will be done regardless of how we bitch and moan on BF.

Correct. I wasn't the one posting as though I had influence though.

They paid massive overs to acquire several above average players, like Ryder, Dixon and Hartlett, coupled with signing Lobbe to long term deals and even threw a one year contract at Monfries whose best was 2 years ago. Massive issues at Alberton. Massive.
Pretty much the worst list management in the AFL.

7 seasons?

Serious?

He is 28. There is nothing about him that suggests that he will play till the age of 35.

His salary wage is not our issue, thats a way the CFC handled his contract. All Clubs make mistakes with players contract, this will be one for you guys if you lose him, that is by front loading his contract such that he gets paid massive unders at a new Club.

Hartlett was being offered a pick in the 20s. So by accepting that your accepting less than what the Crows are offering which is strange. Especially given the value of the last few years of players that have gone around pick 13.

The deal will get done in the end, its either our first rounder for Gibbs, or our first and a player(Lyons)/second rounder(2017). Gibbs is gone.
He is 27 so I think he will play until 34. Because he only relies on his brains and skill to play and you don't lose that.
We don't want Lyon but. I'm hoping you trade into the early mid twenties and put that with 13 then I think it'll be a win/win

Pretty much the worst list management in the AFL.

Which is why they were never in a position to make a play for Gibbs. Their salary cap is literally bursting at the seams.

It will be interesting to see which Victorian on their list is coming out of contract next year.

An Adelaide fan agreeing with an Adelaide fan knocking Port, well I'll be....
A Port fan in denial that their list management has been terrible. Go figure.
You cant give away Lobbe for a 4th rounder, yet you signed him to a 5 year deal on big money.
After all the lols from your list management this year Kochie should be banned from giving any financial advice ever again.

He is 27 so I think he will play until 34. Because he only relies on his brains and skill to play and you don't lose that.
We don't want Lyon but. I'm hoping you trade into the early mid twenties and put that with 13 then I think it'll be a win/win

He will be 28 when he plays his first game next year.

Players that have played beyond 32 are very very few. Gibbs body size and speed suggests he wont be one of them.

Lyon would be in your best 12-15 players if he played at Carlton which is strange to not want him. He is many levels better than Kedge and Wright.

As I said all along, Gibbs will be a Crows player in 2017, we will offer our first or 1st and 2nd rounder/player of a Lyons quality. I can accept that deal so should the Carlton supporters as it is fair value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Port fan in denial that their list management has been terrible. Go figure.
You cant give away Lobbe for a 4th rounder, yet you signed him to a 5 year deal on big money.
After all the lols from your list management this year Kochie should be banned from giving any financial advice ever again.

They signed Monfries to a one year deal. That speaks volumes about the PAFC list management where it is at currently as of September of this year.

Carlton hold Gibbs who is still under contract, Adelaide approach Gibbs who then requests a trade from Carlton to the Crows.

It's now up to Adelaide to put together something that Carlton agree to, history shows that it will be overs because he is still contracted but that is the way trade weeks go.

Adelaide need Gibbs more than Carlton needs to let him go.

He will be 28 when he plays his first game next year.

Players that have played beyond 32 are very very few. Gibbs body size and speed suggests he wont be one of them.

Lyon would be in your best 12-15 players if he played at Carlton which is strange to not want him. He is many levels better than Kedge and Wright.

As I said all along, Gibbs will be a Crows player in 2017, we will offer our first or 1st and 2nd rounder/player of a Lyons quality. I can accept that deal so should the Carlton supporters as it is fair value.
Yeh I think he play midfield at ages 28,29,30,31 and back or forward flank at 32,33 and 34. He is the exact type that plays into late age that's the main reason Carlton don't won't to lose him. Wright was fantastic this season but Kedge is lucky he is at Carlton. Noway would he be playing in a good side with the mistakes he makes. Lyon probably would be but we are about 10 players off being a good side and if we ever get there I doubt he would be apart of it. We have players like him already we don't need many more because you can't play too many of his type.

Carlton hold Gibbs who is still under contract, Adelaide approach Gibbs who then requests a trade from Carlton to the Crows.

It's now up to Adelaide to put together something that Carlton agree to, history shows that it will be overs because he is still contracted but that is the way trade weeks go.

I wouldnt be so sure about that.

Carlton want to keep pick 5 and yet desperately want Marchbank and Pickett from GWS who will likely be 10+ year players and a part of their premiership push, Gibbs wont be. They need bargaining chips to get these players, pick 13 is part of that solution.

Hows your trade performance going?

How many games did Hampton, Menzel and Gore play between them? Any Brownlow for them?

How'd that Richmond bloke go a few years ago?

Atleast others don't get bent over in their trades.

Don't over estimate yourself. Just remember Giles tearing up Jacobs for a real reality check.
Glass houses? Port have ****ed their list by trading in hacks for massive overs. Dixon is on what, 600k per year? 30 goals for the year for Dixon.... The same as a 34 year old retiring Pav and Dixon played more games!

I actually think pick 13 more vital to our rebuilding plans than Gibbs is.

An injury free honeymoon year and all Adelaide fans be swinging their dicks.

Massive overs? You mean market value for Ryder and Dixon.

Atleast we can get a trade done.

Unlike your bent over Danger trade. How's Gore going?

You mean the trade that we could've got nothing in, and ended up with a pick and a guy that may actually play AFL?

Use your brain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back