Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha yeah, that's why the deal won't get done. Nothing to do with SOS being greedy or anything.

Going after a guy who's arguably his club's top 2-3 players and has a contract for another 3 years that was front loaded ... one could argue that offering pick 13 and change is the Crows being greedy here, not the Blues.

You realise Gibbs is contracted, right? So Carlton and SOS would've been well within their rights to decline to discuss any trade at all? If Adelaide want to trade for a contracted player, the club with the player sets the market. Some choose to let players go easier, some don't. It depends on what they think is best for the club.

In bold is what it really boils down to. If Carlton deem keeping Gibbs over pick 13 to be in Carlton's best interest, then they're obligated to turn the offer down. No sense in putting the club second to please everyone else.

Blues can now use Cats 17' first pick for Marchbank/Pickett
We don't need 13'
2 1st rounders or he stays
Happy either way and we keep 5'

Crows have ballsed this up massively and are looking like loosing Lyons as well now...potentially for nothing.

We don't need 13'

Crows have ballsed this up massively and are looking like loosing Lyons as well now...potentially for nothing.

We choose not paying overs.. ballsed up how? Adelaide could of signed lyons if they upped their deal.. trade hasn't happened yet so could still..

We don't need 13'

Surely Crows have only 'ballsed it up' if they overpay?

If Carlton genuinely are happy to keep Gibbs and think he won't rock the boat then they've every right to ask for a king's ransom and if not, turn the Crows down. But it's not like adding Bryce Gibbs takes us from no-hopers to flag favourites. He isn't worth selling the farm for.

No idea why the club wouldn't offer Lyons a decent contract, should have retired Thommo and used that if we need the rest for Gibbs. If he really was offered up as part of a trade Carlton should have snapped our hands off IMO, he is a very underrated player (apparently internally as well).

Very interested to see who holds their nerve better as the clock counts down...

I find it interesting that when Victorians want to head home for family reasons the media is all up in arms saying the club should do the right thing. Situation is reversed and it seems like the media pursues a very different agenda. It helps that most of the footy media is in Victoria I guess.

Happy to keep 13, and bank a 2nd rounder for Lyons.
Sorry it didn't work out Gibbs. We know you would've been happier with us.

That's fine by Blues
We will just trade Cats 2017 pick to Giants

It is a shame as Crows list will not be in a better position for 2017

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it interesting that when Victorians want to head home for family reasons the media is all up in arms saying the club should do the right thing. Situation is reversed and it seems like the media pursues a very different agenda. It helps that most of the footy media is in Victoria I guess.
We should feel privileged they let us into their league remember

Adelaide can just have another crack next trade period if they fail in this one

You realise Gibbs is contracted, right? So Carlton and SOS would've been well within their rights to decline to discuss any trade at all? If Adelaide want to trade for a contracted player, the club with the player sets the market. Some choose to let players go easier, some don't. It depends on what they think is best for the club.
I sure do, still a greedy little SOS.

This is the trade that surely satisfies both parties. If it doesn't then both sets of recruiters need to be fired

Suns trade 26 to Crows for Lyons
Then

Crows trade on 13, 26 and 53
for
Bryce Gibbs and Picks 45 and 58

Crows have an early third round pick and Late third round pick in this draft. No need to trade any future picks
Blues can then trade on
13 for Marchbank and use 26 in the draft or use to get another player in

blues aren't denying Gibbs returning, it's Adelaide who are

Cos the SA media is completely unbiased.... FMD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back