Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the trade that surely satisfies both parties. If it doesn't then both sets of recruiters need to be fired

Suns trade 26 to Crows for Lyons
Then

Crows trade on 13, 26 and 53
for
Bryce Gibbs and Picks 45 and 58

Crows have an early third round pick and Late third round pick in this draft. No need to trade any future picks
Blues can then trade on
13 for Marchbank and use 26 in the draft or use to get another player in

Probably sits in between what supporters of each club want, would say that's about fair.

I don't share your confidence. We love holding onto players that could get us something half decent in return.

I hate trade period
So much egos and no recruiter wants to look soft in front of their fans however the fact is both parties want this deal to get done one way or another. Both recruiters will sell to their fans that they came out winners. We see it every year

Silvagni wants to hold on to Pick 5 and will use 13 to get our man Caleb. 2pm tomorrow we will see that. I'm 100% confident and I bet both recruiters are too.

My prediction
Lyons deal to Gold Coast will be finalised at 10am
Gibbs deal will be finalised at 12pm
Gibbs and Picks 45 and 48
for 13, 26 and 53

Even Richmond have pony upped for Prestia, would be wondering what is going on if I was a Carlton supporter....should have been done by now. So much further business to do.

Just take 13 and move on FFS. Every year he plays on his value spirals towards absolutely nothing.
giphy.gif

Blues can now use Cats 17' first pick for Marchbank/Pickett
We don't need 13'
2 1st rounders or he stays
Happy either way and we keep 5'

Crows have ballsed this up massively and are looking like loosing Lyons as well now...potentially for nothing.

There has been a lot of rumour around that Carlton are after Fyfe - which may have some hope (I doubt anyway) of coming true if you lose Gibbs salary this year and clear cap space as well as having two first round picks next year. Weakens your potential to pick up a quality free agent enormously over the next 2 years if you dont trade him

Look how hard Crows are hard to deal with.
Look at Dangerfield trade last year, even Paul Connors said Crows made it more difficult than what it should have been

You have to agree?

LOL - nice winding people up, the Dangerfield deal was done in the first couple of days of trade week

You're the clueless one if you're going to support the line that we have to hold onto him just because we might not get some deluded evaluation of his worth.

He's not worth 2 first round picks and anyone who claims is has NFI. Is that you?

Such a hand wringer when it comes to trade time. You are almost a double agent the way you try to talk down everything Carlton at this time of year.

Such a hand wringer when it comes to trade time. You are almost a double agent the way you try to talk down everything Carlton at this time of year.

Sorry I'm not a sycophant. Maybe that's your fave kind of fan.

I've never liked Gibbs so the chance to be rid of him delights me. 28 year old for pick 13, sign me up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry I'm not a sycophant. Maybe that's your fave kind of fan.

I've never liked Gibbs so the chance to be rid of him delights me. 28 year old for pick 13, sign me up.

So the definition of sycophant is someone who doesn't spend their time complaining incessantly?

Things only change when people complain.

Sit around applauding idiot actions and the idiots will keep doing what they have been doing over and over again.

Are things only idiot actions because you deem them to be? Is there any room for you to be wrong or at least entertain that it is possible?

That's still not a reason for Carlton to bend over, we certainly didn't when Beams wanted out due to family reasons.

Bryce is a big boy.

Pick 13 isn't bending over for a 28yo Gibbs, he's no Beams. You must mean that it's not a reason for Carlton to expect a premium on his value. That's a fair call, but there's no reason for us to pay overs. We're happy to have him at a price befitting his value as a footballer. If we were told from the start that we'd be buying out his contract with extra pick value, we'd have just said no.

Are things only idiot actions because you deem them to be? Is there any room for you to be wrong or at least entertain that it is possible?

I deem them idiotic because we've done it before and it got us nowhere. I also see other clubs bite the bullet and move on decent but ageing players for assets and improving because of it.

You say I'm complaining and I'm saying I'm behind the club 110% with their policy of building the list through the draft. Even if it means a few more years of bottom of the ladder pain. I value pick 13 as more of an asset moving forward than I do Bryce Gibbs remaining at the club.

Rumors getting stronger its 2x first rounders... Not our 2nd coming back. Possibly a 3rd/4th.

You won't get 2 first rounders, you should stop reading your own board. Gibbs alone doesn't get us to flag challenger, 2 firsts puts us all in on him. And he's not that kind of player or that good at being the type he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back