Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Things only change when people complain.

Sit around applauding idiot actions and the idiots will keep doing what they have been doing over and over again.

You're a broken record. Perpetual whinging is boring.

It's been highlighted innumerable times why we wont be accepting Adelaide's blunt offer.

The dichotomy between Gibbs = no success and no Gibbs = success/rebuild is excrutiating.

Look how hard Crows are hard to deal with.
Look at Dangerfield trade last year, even Paul Connors said Crows made it more difficult than what it should have been

You have to agree?

It was done before their first cup of coffee was finished on day 1. Connors had originally stated Geelong should get him for nothing because he didn't understand what the R stood for in RFA.

You're a broken record. Perpetual whinging is boring.

It's been highlighted innumerable times why we wont be accepting Adelaide's blunt offer.

The dichotomy between Gibbs = no success and no Gibbs = success/rebuild is excrutiating.

Yes keep that Carlton arrogance up. That's why we are where we are now.

I just happen to think the reasoning behind why Gibbs is worth so much more than what's being offered is fuelled by delusion.

Going after a guy who's arguably his club's top 2-3 players and has a contract for another 3 years that was front loaded ... one could argue that offering pick 13 and change is the Crows being greedy here, not the Blues.

You front loading his contract is not our issue, it doesn't earn you extra pick value. You have every right to ask for extra, but don't spit the chewy when we say no. I'd be interested to find a Carlton supporter who could apportion what we're expected to pay for the player, the 3 years contracted and the front loading snafu.

I agree but most non Carlton supporters would agree fair isn't 2 firsts
If Adeliade think Gibbs could help them win a flag then they can pay. He has 3 years to run on a contract and we simply won't give him away. Most of us are happy to welcome him back if the trade doesn't go through.

Pick 13 isn't bending over for a 28yo Gibbs, he's no Beams. You must mean that it's not a reason for Carlton to expect a premium on his value. That's a fair call, but there's no reason for us to pay overs. We're happy to have him at a price befitting his value as a footballer. If we were told from the start that we'd be buying out his contract with extra pick value, we'd have just said no.
Like it or not it's Carlton who set the price as he's their player, i think they're asking too much but that's just my opinion.

Yes keep that Carlton arrogance up. That's why we are where we are now.

I just happen to think the reasoning behind why Gibbs is worth so much more than what's being offered is fuelled by delusion.

You think Pick 13 is the solution and that to me is delusional. That coupled with a huge negativity bias/forlorn/woe is us attitude.

Just out of interest, what did SOS do last year that you saw as a miss?

If Adeliade think Gibbs could help them win a flag then they can pay. He has 3 years to run on a contract and we simply won't give him away. Most of us are happy to welcome him back if the trade doesn't go through.

Didn't answer the question did you

He could help Adelaide so could Tom Rockliff any reasonable player could improve Adelaide but it doesn't mean they are worth two 1sts

Didn't answer the question did you

He could help Adelaide so could Tom Rockliff any reasonable player could improve Adelaide but it doesn't mean they are worth two 1sts
There was no question to answer. I was responding to a statement.

You think Pick 13 is the solution and that to me is delusional. That coupled with a huge negativity bias/forlorn/woe is us attitude.

Just out of interest, what did SOS do last year that you saw as a miss?

Yeah Bryce Gibbs isn't any solution either. I would like to aim for the stars and see if pick 13 turns into something far better than Bryce Gibbs.
If our recruiting team do their job thee's always a chance that happens.

I thought SOS did better than past list managers had done in 20 years last year because he told players who wanted out to go, piss off, **** off. It was good to see that finally. I wish he'd take that attitude with Gibbs.

Too early to make a call on what he did last year that will be a miss. I wasn't a fan of taking so many GWS players as only Plowman and Phillips really interested me. But I get why the other few had to come over as well.

So much praising of SOS in here, I think he is pretty overrated to be honest. Everybody points to how he "built" GWS, but he screwed up countless top ten picks, had an embarrassing over-reliance on Victorian metro players and was given ridiculously generous concessions.

If he can rob Adelaide of more than pick 13 plus change then he's done a good a job- but I don't see him as the Saint he's being made out to be.

Sorry to disturb you BF posters...did anyone mentioned that Essendon are hard to deal with in this thread yet?

"Hey, don't forget about us guys .... guys?'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dangerfield's situation can not be compared to Gibbs! Deal will get done but SOS has every right to play hardball.

The main difference, besides maybe the quality of the players, is Dangerfield, and players like Mitchell etc, actually fulfilled their contracts unlike Gibbs who is taking the money and going home to mama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So much praising of SOS in here, I think he is pretty overrated to be honest. Everybody points to how he "built" GWS, but he screwed up countless top ten picks, had an embarrassing over-reliance on Victorian metro players and was given ridiculously generous concessions.

If he can rob Adelaide of more than pick 13 plus change then he's done a good a job- but I don't see him as the Saint he's being made out to be.

He did well last year for Carlton...very active

Been saying that for a while

I really hope that Carlton walks away from this deal and that Bryce suits up in Navy Blue next year. Sympathetic to his domestic situation but surely there is something that could be worked out by the club. I will concede though that I think he is gone.

IF Carlton is saving a warchest for the latter stages of the reset then I hope that our spies are all over any decent victorians playing for Adelaide, in their ear and trying to white-ant them. Preferably as contracted planot as free agents
Been saying that for a while
In fairness we are coming from a pretty low base regarding the management of our list. He doesn't have to do too much to be an extreme improvement on his predecessors.

I really hope that Carlton walks away from this deal and that Bryce suits up in Navy Blue next year. Sympathetic to his domestic situation but surely there is something that could be worked out by the club. I will concede though that I think he is gone.

IF Carlton is saving a warchest for the latter stages of the reset then I hope that our spies are all over any decent victorians playing for Adelaide, in their ear and trying to white-ant them. Preferably as contracted planot as free agents

One of the worst things I have ever read

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back