Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it'll not get done. There's too many deals to close on the last day, and SOS is being wildly unreasonable.

Very disappointing. I'd be curious what other players think of Carlton's refusal to deal and consider their players' wellbeing and future, especially next to what successful clubs like Hawthorn do.

What is he asking? Don't have time to read the thread so cliffs would be great.

One of the worst things I have ever read

What he said is exactly what every club does. Target players who they think are likely to move, then get in the ear of their manager and let them know there is a spot waiting.

Amazingly, it would be exactly what happened with Gibbs. People got in his ear and now he wants a trade. Thing is, he isnt out of contract or in his final year of contract, he isnt even half way through his contract is he?

So unless Adelaide offer big overs, why on earth would Carlton budge? Adelaide cant even make the play next year unless Carlton are okay with it.

I think it'll not get done. There's too many deals to close on the last day, and SOS is being wildly unreasonable.

Very disappointing. I'd be curious what other players think of Carlton's refusal to deal and consider their players' wellbeing and future, especially next to what successful clubs like Hawthorn do.

I'd be interested to hear what players think of Adelaide being unable to get a deal done for a player they got to nominate them. Honestly, he has 3 years left to run on his contract. Bryce has been speaking to sticks and getting a lot of support from the club, don't think there will be any issue of him coming back to Carlton.

Probably just a lesson to us to make sure all interstate players are happy at different stages in their life. Also probably a lesson to Bryce that he needs to reach out to the club if he is having issues.

What is he asking? Don't have time to read the thread so cliffs would be great.
View_of_Cliffs_of_Moher.jpg

Last day of trading

Will Carlton crumble or will Adelaide be reasonable?

You could very easily ask "Will Adelaide crumble or will Carlton be reasonable?"

None of us have the slightest clue what is being asked for/offered so it's pretty unfair to paint it that way.

13 + 2nd rounder from GC they get from lyons.

That will then form part of the trade for Marchbank.

Blues take 5 and 13 to the draft.

You could very easily ask "Will Adelaide crumble or will Carlton be reasonable?"

None of us have the slightest clue what is being asked for/offered so it's pretty unfair to paint it that way.
We only know from the media that 13 + Lyon was not reasonable for Carlton

So interesting what Adelaide will put on top of 13 to make it reasonable or if Carlton will crumble and take a 2nd rounder

SOS seems to suggest Adelaide are only offering pick 13.

That is unders considering how important Gibbs is to us, and the fact you offered him a big 5 year contract to help you win a premiership.

Stop low balling Adelaide ffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so true... bu t i went to school with his other half....... shes defs wears the pants in the relationship lol

This and the fact Gibbs has 3 more years on his contract is why we have a bit more power in this deal than usual when players nominate.

3 years is very different to only 1 year left.
And Gibbs himself doesn't necessary want to leave Carlton...it's his partner wanting to move.

Use Lyons to upgrade pick 13 to pick 8. Send pick 8 to Carlton for Gibbs

Surely Lyons isnt worth the points? Though Cochrane was gloating about how many picks he had, so he may be crazy enough to accept it.

Carlton then get 5 and 8 which is pretty potent. 8 goes to GWS for Marchbank and something else, and Carlton still get the 5th best kid in the country.

2 1st rounders, Gibbs hasn't even lived up to the hype of the 1st rounder he was picked at.
It's pretty funny Adelaide steal all Carltons good players, crap Adelaide have more of Carltons good players than Carlton have.

Adelaide fans once you have Gibbs, who's next Cripps?

Horrible troll, your the reason the good trolls have a bad name.

8 going to GWS for Marchbank and Pickett is way overs. Must be something else included in the deal especially if in all likelihood we're taking Rhys Palmers fat contract off their hands too.

Jack Steele is more proven and went for a 2nd rounder.
WHE going to go for a 3rd-4th
Ahern (Same draft pick 7) went for 68 - yes he's injured but so have pickett and marchbank.

Surely Carlton getting stooged if they trade a first rounder for those two based on this week.

I think 13 plus not much else is fair compensation for gibbs. Get it done and build the war chest for Fyfe next year.

Surely Lyons isnt worth the points? Though Cochrane was gloating about how many picks he had, so he may be crazy enough to accept it.

Carlton then get 5 and 8 which is pretty potent. 8 goes to GWS for Marchbank and something else, and Carlton still get the 5th best kid in the country.
Gold Coast have picks 4, 6 & 8 but no midfield left. They need Lyons & from their point of view it's only a small downgrade in a pick that will probably just be absorbed in an academy bid anyway.

I hope we use the 2017 Geelong 1st rounder for Marchbank & keep pick 8 if it plays out that way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back