Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

I very much doubt we would on trade 13 to gws for marchbank, it would be more likely we used it as a reason to trade pick 5 for marchbank + 16 + some list cloggers to free gws cap space and go to the draft with 13, 16, 24.

Perhaps even then on trading one of those picks + touhy to sydney for tom mitchell should the Hawks use all their currency on JOM.
Fair enough. Would have thought getting in one of the top 5 players from this draft would have been the big win for you guys.
SOS obviously sees talent in the late first round.

Not that contracts matter much anymore but we do have enough to hold the line and get the trade we want. Has to be overs BTW.

Considering we'll likely get Hrovat for a 3rd rounder... probably not.

Can't see why Carlton would let Adelaide just poach Gibbs for unders when he still has 3 years left on his contract. Will have to be an offer SOS is more than comfortable with.

Gibbs is probably at an age where he still has some currency hang out one more year where he becomes 29 at the start of the following season and most clubs will shy away. His age is the only thing that reduces that worth, although you should still get a handy pick. Although Carlton hold the cards as he is contracted SOS knows next year his value drops considerably

Not that contracts matter much anymore but we do have enough to hold the line and get the trade we want. Has to be overs BTW.

Not sure it has to be overs. Gibbs won't be part of your next premiership (well, unlikely at least) and if you're challenging in say 4 years, he'll be well and truly in his twilight

Get good value for him now, get a young gun in who will play 12 years and will be 50 games plus when Bolton has them ready to go for it

It can be a win for all if done right and no one has to pay overs or accept unders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things are not always what they seem.

Fairly certain Adelaide would be rapt to bring a player of Gibbs' caliber in for a first and second round pick.

I could handle the first, not sure on the second aswell, its not all upside with Gibbs he is getting older and you have one more shot this year at getting some reasonable value for him which I think we would be prepared to offer in a first

12ab4aef50aae82e2ea6860b80487591.png

It seems to me that Gibbs is going cheaply ! I would've thought he was worth somewhere between 6-10 at this stage. If it is 13 then a sweetener of around 17/18 would be required !
Big footy trades has nothing to do with both clubs trying to do a deal

I could handle the first, not sure on the second aswell, its not all upside with Gibbs he is getting older and you have one more shot this year at getting some reasonable value for him which I think we would be prepared to offer in a first

One more shot at getting reasonable value for him? Please.

Gibbs is showing no signs of slowing down having arguably just completed his best year at AFL level. Other than Adelaide supporters trying to play down his value, there is absolutely no reason why he can't perform to a high standard for another 5+ years.

Adelaide would jump at a first and second round pick for Gibbs. The upside of bringing him in is huge and the club would be well aware of that.

One more shot at getting reasonable value for him? Please.

Gibbs is showing no signs of slowing down having arguably just completed his best year at AFL level. Other than Adelaide supporters trying to play down his value, there is absolutely no reason why he can't perform to a high standard for another 5+ years.

Adelaide would jump at a first and second round pick for Gibbs. The upside of bringing him in is huge and the club would be well aware of that.
gibbs +next year 2nd rounder swap for 13 +lyons

or if you not interested in lyons:-
gibbs + next years 2nd rounder swap for 13 and pick 24 OR 27 (Received from Lyons to GC)

gibbs +next year 2nd rounder swap for 13 +lyons

or if you not interested in lyons:-
gibbs + next years 2nd rounder swap for 13 and pick 24 OR 27 (Received from Lyons to GC)

No thanks.

I don't see any reason why we'd need to give up Gibbs and a pick (let alone a pick in the 2nd round) in either of those proposed deals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back