Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that's a scenario that genuinely makes sense and should be looked at.

Gibbs is a better player than his reputation ("he's soft!") suggests. Would be a huge asset to a strong team making a 3-4 year premiership assault.

Blues will likely be too conservative to give up a sure thing (Bryce will play good footy for next 4 years, that's a near-certainty) for youth and hope (ie. picks), but I think it's the sort of move that could work out great in the long run. I reckon they'd want a top 10 pick, but 13+ might work.

I would want both of Adelaide's first rounders, and we give them our next years second (possibly still a top 20 pick...) as part of the trade.
He's not worth 2 first rounders

5 years ago maybe

Not now
I think the suggestion is #13 and 2017 First (Say 16-18 with Gibbs) for our 2017 2nd (say #20) + Gibbs.
It makes sense, but as a Gibbs Fan I would want more and hope it does not happen.

I think the suggestion is #13 and 2017 First (Say 16-18 with Gibbs) for our 2017 2nd (say #20) + Gibbs.
It makes sense, but as a Gibbs Fan I would want more and hope it does not happen.
I wouldn't do that purely because of the fact it stops the crows from potentially trading out their first round pick until their 2020 first rounder comes into play.

I also don't think he's 2 firsts even with a second coming back.

I would hope my club doesn't give up 2 1sts for Gibbs. Happy to go with 13 and a player

He's 27, no history of injuries, coming off his best individual season, in contract. The won't get two first rounders, but there's no shame in asking.
I mentioned throwing out second rounder next year in with their first rounder of next year. So likely a downgrade of picks of a few spots.

Would 13, Harry Dear and an exchange of later picks work?
You would certainly look at this option. I think Harry is about to explode but with our forwards he is only a spare for us unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bullshit. You can't state how old someone actually is, that would make far too much sense.

Going off your logic: He'll be 27 by the start of next season, plus we have to inexplicably add another year. Sloane is 28. It was good to see him put in a solid last hoorah this year prior to his impending retirement from old age

Remove this Banner Ad

Back