Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bullshit. You can't state how old someone actually is, that would make far too much sense.

Going off your logic: He'll be 27 by the start of next season, plus we have to inexplicably add another year. Sloane is 28. It was good to see him put in a solid last hoorah this year prior to his impending retirement from old age
I know youre hurting that Gibbs is likely leaving for adelaide, and it looks like you will get one first rounder as compensation (Lyons for Pick 24). Rather than sooking perhaps just suck it up.

Certainly won't be 29.

How old is Sloane by the way, 30?

Good addition to the thread. Offered exactly nothing, which is tough to do.

Gibbs will be 28 when he next plays. His value is determined about the games he's GOING to play, so some accuracy about how old he'll be when he begins to play them would be nice.

28 - so probably has four good seasons left?

I'm just pointing out how much of an inconsistent idiot you are. Gibbs is 12 months and two days older than Sloane, yet apparently theres 3 years between their ages.

What? Who said that and who cares? Sloane is not someone that is being traded.

We're discussing Gibbs, and it'd be good to do it accurately.

Good addition to the thread. Offered exactly nothing, which is tough to do.

Gibbs will be 28 when he next plays. His value is determined about the games he's GOING to play, so some accuracy about how old he'll be when he begins to play them would be nice.

28 - so probably has four good seasons left?
Probably 4-7.

You get his full year of age if his birthday is in March. You'd expect as a 28/29/30/31 year old he should be a big contributor. Start slowing after that but his durability and style you would expect you'd get a number more good seasons.

Probably 4-7.

You get his full year of age if his birthday is in March. You'd expect as a 28/29/30/31 year old he should be a big contributor. Start slowing after that but his durability and style you would expect you'd get a number more good seasons.
I'd expect him to be a big contributor for those four seasons, then to maybe turn into a good flanker of sorts (a la Burgoyne/Boyd) for another two or three. I'd be happy with that.

If Carlton can get a top ten pick for him, take it. Good player, but I suspect there's not much more than a year or two of really good footy to come.

Is there any real substance to this Gibbs to Adelaide stuff? Carlton hold the cards if so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Carlton can get a top ten pick for him, take it. Good player, but I suspect there's not much more than a year or two of really good footy to come.

It's looking likely, SOS has been talking with Crows on this.

These whispers will build some momentum during the week, as the blues are looking to secure another 1st round pick to package up for a deal with GWS involving Marchbank

It seems this has gathered momentum, Silvangi will once again look to move on players with currency in an attempt to get more first round picks but like the kruezer discussion last year if its not going to be that top 10 draft pick range we will just continue on as though nothing had happened.

If the trade happens Carlton will do well from it.

It seems this has gathered momentum, Silvangi will once again look to move on players with currency in an attempt to get more first round picks but like the kruezer discussion last year if its not going to be that top 10 draft pick range we will just continue on as though nothing had happened.

If the trade happens Carlton will do well from it.
Yep, gaining Marchbank this way is good long term business by the blues.

Yep, gaining Marchbank this way is good long term business by the blues.
I very much doubt we would on trade 13 to gws for marchbank, it would be more likely we used it as a reason to trade pick 5 for marchbank + 16 + some list cloggers to free gws cap space and go to the draft with 13, 16, 24.

Perhaps even then on trading one of those picks + touhy to sydney for tom mitchell should the Hawks use all their currency on JOM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back