Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

DangerSloane is another one who seems to think he's actually negotiating for the club he supports. This thread was ridiculous enough before he started. Not off to a good start today...

What the hell is the point of this thread if not to discuss the trade?

Put it this way the Blues fans are the ones coming up with outrageous trade ideas that are never going to happen.

Brad Crouch or Jake Lever! As soon as those names came out this thread got ridiculous.

This thread is getting fiesty isn't it? I honestly think pick 13 is pretty spot on for Gibbs and will be win/win for both clubs. We will get the better of the deal initially, then when 13 turns out to be Cripps 2.0 and Gibbs is retired the blues are the winners.

Put it this way the Blues fans are the ones coming up with outrageous trade ideas that are never going to happen.

Brad Crouch or Jake Lever! As soon as those names came out this thread got ridiculous.

Yeah like there hasnt been outrageous suggestions by crows fans either...

Eg some thinking even pick 13 for Gibbs is too much to pay...

Yeah like there hasnt been outrageous suggestions by crows fans either...

Eg some thinking even pick 13 for Gibbs is too much to pay...

And some Carlton fans thinking Lyons and 13 isnt about right and asking for brad crouch or two first round picks with nothing coming back.

No he'll sit out one and then Carlton will trade him, as did GWS this season with McCarthy.

Lets face it, hes no good to Carlton when you're paying him 700k plus to not play footy.

You can play 'hardball' all you like but you're not in the box seat.

Won't happen, he isn't home sick or angry at Carlton.

If Adelaide offer 2 first rounders I think that will do it

This thread is getting fiesty isn't it? I honestly think pick 13 is pretty spot on for Gibbs and will be win/win for both clubs. We will get the better of the deal initially, then when 13 turns out to be Cripps 2.0 and Gibbs is retired the blues are the winners.

I agree 13 is Gibbs' value in a trade right now.

The circumstances however mean that he will net more. What that "more" turns out to be, we will see.

Yes, it's only the Blues fans dragging this thread down :rolleyes:

FWIW I don't think the Crows should be looking to trade out any of their best 22 because adding Gibbs puts them right in the mix for a flag. They should be looking at paying up with draft picks though, small price to pay for a shot at the flag. Basically, Blues should be thinking long term and Crows should be thinking short term. I think Adelaide might have the coach to get them there too.

Yes, it's only the Blues fans dragging this thread down :rolleyes:

FWIW I don't think the Crows should be looking to trade out any of their best 22 because adding Gibbs puts them right in the mix for a flag. They should be looking at paying up with draft picks though, small price to pay for a shot at the flag. Basically, Blues should be thinking long term and Crows should be thinking short term. I think Adelaide might have the coach to get them there too.

Totally agree.
I would much prefer to lose two firsts than a first and a player like crouch or lever.
That would honestly send us backwards.

Well your just dreaming but that's fine there's plenty of emotion and passion about this move if it's to come about.
I dream of pick 13 and Brad Crouch or McGovern obviously both sides will start on high bench mark and plenty of chest beating and then meet somewhere between.
Go Baggers

Well your just dreaming but that's fine there's plenty of emotion and passion about this move if it's to come about.
I dream of pick 13 and Brad Crouch or McGovern obviously both sides will start on high bench mark and plenty of chest beating and then meet somewhere between.
Go Baggers

Pick 13 and a young gun? We talking about Bryce Gibbs or Nat Fyfe?

I reckon the Cameron or McGovern demands are ambits. SOS and Adelaide know why Gibbs is so important to Crows. To ADD to their playing stock to contend for a flag.

It is a good way to ease back to what the deal will be:

#13 and 2017 1st

for

Gibbs and either #24 or #41 or 2017 2nd. Whatever the "and" turns out to be is probably the lil argument at the end for SOS and J.Reid.

I reckon the Cameron or McGovern demands are ambits. SOS and Adelaide know why Gibbs is so important to Crows. To ADD to their playing stock to contend for a flag.

#13 and 2017 1st

for

Gibbs and either #24 or #41 or 2017 2nd. Whatever the "and" turns out to be is probably the lil argument at the end for SOS and J.Reid.

This sounds more like around the mark.
Hoping for 24 coming back.

so two firsts for gibbs and 24.
You guys get the rebuilding tools you want and need, we get Gibbs and keep our squad together - win win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues should take 13 and run, Gibbs is soft as anything and 28 before the season starts. Softness may prolong his career though.

Last edited:
Blues should take 13 and run, Gibbs is soft as anything and 28 before the season starts. Softness may prolong his career though.

Another who hasn't watched football for a couple of years. Dees are on the way back up mate - you should get back into it!

#13 and 2017 1st

for

Their 2017 first could be 17 or 18. Essentially we are talking 13 and a 6 spot upgrade for Gibbs. I would push for a quality player outside their top 10 since 13 holds no guarantees.

Their 2017 first could be 17 or 18. Essentially we are talking 13 and a 6 spot upgrade for Gibbs. I would push for a quality player outside their top 10 since 13 holds no guarantees.
If Carlton were to go in that direction then pick 13 simply would not enter negotiations it's one or the other.

Considering where the crows are at they will be trading picks predominantly, not best 22 players. It will be pick 13 and something minor, suggestions either side of this are simply not going to happen.

Collingwood gave up pick 7 and a future first for Treloar and a second round pick.

We can do the "which became" as much as we like; when that trade was made, both Collingwood and GWS would have valued that pick as approx 12-14.

The generally accepted trade from both parties at this stage is Pick 13 and a future 1st rounder for Gibbs and Pick 24.

It is up to you guys to finish as high as you can so next years first rounder isn't too high.

The other factor in the Treloar trade was that Treloar was uncontracted, while Gibbs has a long term deal.

We built our side around a bunch of "pick 13's".

The two players that seem to get brought up in trade discussions are Charlie Cameron and Mitch McGovern - a former rookie and a former pick 43. And the other, Jake Lever was drafted at 14!

And yet 13 is somehow not seen as close to the mark? If SOS somehow this god-king of drafting, trading and recruiting then any extra first rounder is solid gold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back