Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the difference in asking price between the supporter groups at the moment?

Lever, Crouch etc are untouchables, so if Carlton fans still think this is the case, I think you're wrong.

Want I want: 2016 & 2017 first round picks for Gibbs + Carlton 2nd/3rd rounder (whatever year)

Want I think: 2016 1st + 2017 2nd for Gibbs (maybe a steak knife later pick)

What Crow fans want: Pick 13

What Crow fans think: Pick 13 + Lyons

Is that about right?
It might end up you get 13 and a 2nd or 3rd round plus some steak knife players to help you in short term eg any of Mackay Ricky Henderson Grigg Kelly

You are grossly mistaken if you believe Marchbank will sign a contract with GWS.
I'm sure Essendon will happily take him in the psd if you don't come to the party...but we know SOS will.

I'm sure Essendon will happily take him in the psd if you don't come to the party...but we know SOS will.

Marchbank will refuse to go to Essendon or anywhere else. This one is a sure thing - SOS will play nice with GWS don't worry about that. It's the AFC being incels not Carlton nor GWS.

It might end up you get 13 and a 2nd or 3rd round plus some steak knife players to help you in short term eg any of Mackay Ricky Henderson Grigg Kelly
I liked Grigg and Kelly as juniors. What's their SANFL form like? Do you reckon they could become regular AFL players at another club?

I liked Grigg and Kelly as juniors. What's their SANFL form like? Do you reckon they could become regular AFL players at another club?
Kelly is reliable shut down player as honest as the day is long . Emergency many times this year but Cheney 's form kept him out

Grigg burst onto the scene in 2013 and looked a gun in the making - not sure if it's mental or not but just hasn't cracked it despite very good SANFL form

Griggs SANFL form easily eclipses Matty Wright and shades Kerridge

What is the difference in asking price between the supporter groups at the moment?

Lever, Crouch etc are untouchables, so if Carlton fans still think this is the case, I think you're wrong.

Want I want: 2016 & 2017 first round picks for Gibbs + Carlton 2nd/3rd rounder (whatever year)

Is that about right?
So we trade Lyons for a 2nd round pick to someone else and fwd on one of grigg, Kelly or Hendo as the knife set?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sceptical of this "just need player A and we will have a premiership team" thinking. When has that ever worked?

So it'd be nice to have Gibbs, but as he'll be 28 I'd be just as happy to have pick #13 ....we should get a pretty good player with a decade's service ahead. (We got Smith and Talia and Lever around that pick number). Not getting Gibbs and keeping #13 would not be a disaster for us. I'd be happy to retain our first round picks for this year and next.

Carlton are in effect tring to protect their pick 5 with this trade ... cant see how they can say no to 13 ... they will cave unless they want to do marchbank for 5.

We will have other contingencies.

The potential trade with GWS might end up something like Pick 5, Pick 24 and Pick 45 for Marchbank, Pickett, Stewart, Pick 15 and Pick 31.

My take is had gibbs left under FA carlton wouldve got pick 8.
So 13 + a second rounder is about right based on what they wouldve got.
Lyons is worth about a 2nd round or future pick or pick upgrades tossed in will get it done eventually.
But hopefully they wait till the last minute cos this thread is so entertaining

Wouldnt u rather have pick 5 and marchbank or gibbs and marchbank and pick 15? I know which one id chose.

The second option for sure. As I have posited all week, Gibbs is worth more than Pick 13 to us and is not easily replaced.

Given how even the draft is, there is still lots of talent available in the teens and we'd be able to still nab a talented young player to inject into the team.

My take is had gibbs left under FA carlton wouldve got pick 8.
So 13 + a second rounder is about right based on what they wouldve got.
Lyons is worth about a 2nd round or future pick or pick upgrades tossed in will get it done eventually.
But hopefully they wait till the last minute cos this thread is so entertaining

Would have been Pick 6 and next years Crows 2nd rounder is unlikely to bridge the gap between 6 and 13 regardless of what the points system tells you. It could end up near 40.

Gibbs for Matt & Brad Crouch and we might throw a second Rd pick back to you

What the hell do you want Matt Crouch for? Watching Carlton and the Crows doing this trade is like watching 2 cars playing chicken at 60km/hr its not going to happen fast but its still going to be a wreck at the end.

Marchbank will refuse to go to Essendon or anywhere else. This one is a sure thing - SOS will play nice with GWS don't worry about that. It's the AFC being incels not Carlton nor GWS.
Fascinating statement considering Gibbs approached us, as he wants to come back for family reasons. While you guys took SOS from GWS and he continually raids them (contracted players included). But yes Carlton will get everything they want out of this trade period for the best deals, like every other year...

Edit: quoted wrong post but same poster.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Would have been Pick 6 and next years Crows 2nd rounder is unlikely to bridge the gap between 6 and 13 regardless of what the points system tells you. It could end up near 40.
It wouldve been 8. Carlton traded 7 for whiley n jacksch so compensation comes after that. Picks got pushed back one cos of frawley compo.

Well if worried about crows finishing too high trading lyons & banking the pick of definitive value would be the option.
Maybe crows future 2nd for carltons future 3rd could be the sweetener depending on what number th lyons pick comes in at

Is that about right?
If we trade a first and second for Gibbs our clib is going to have to defend why we gave up for Gibbs what we got for Dangerfield.
Not only that but Gibbs just isnt worth what Carlton supporters want.
You can say that we have to pay overs all you wont, but we wont.
For instance if we gave away a Crouch, Lever, Gov, Cameron for Gibbs then we have fone nowhere. Whats the point of that?
His worth is pick 13 as a 28 year old B grader.
Wanting more because he is in contract is going to get you steak knives, not a first 22 player as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back