Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

So carlton would of accepted a value trade if Adelaide hadnt said gibbs wanted to come home? If they could act like it was on their terms trading out for the future to keep face?

If Lyons and 13 can't get deal done then will either be

1, 13 and 2017 First Rd
2, 13 and Brad Crouch
3, 13 and Matt Crouch

1, 13 and 2017 First Rd
2, 13 and Brad Crouch
3, 13 and Matt Crouch

Was Rucci the Lyons + 13 rejected statement? I would believe a drunken homeless man over anything that comes out when he slams his face into the keyboard.

1, 13 and 2017 First Rd
2, 13 and Brad Crouch
3, 13 and Matt Crouch
I can guarantee none of these are realistic options.

That's the most likely deal to happen. 13 and 1st Round for 2017
The crows will not be trading 2 x 1st rounders for Gibbs.

Would walk away from this deal as way overs.

Gibbs has 1 Best and Fairest to his name, and that's it. Good player, but worth 2 first rounders? Nope.

13 and a fringe player is fair.
It's what he's worth to the club that counts rather than trade value. (They gave him a 5 year contract, so they obviously rate him pretty high)
Carlton will be making quite a sacrifice losing their second best mid for some no-name 18 year old and a fringe player.
If he were out of contract you'd be spot on.

We'll be paying overs, but not way overs. It will hurt a little for both sides.

Will be either:

13 and the pick we get for Lyons
13 and 2017 2nd
13 and 2017 1st for Gibbs and 24(?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not making up anything
Just going on past trades and precidenst plus value of players

No you're not, you're making ridiculous shit up.

Brad Crouch, a young player with a higher ceiling than Gibbs, and his entire career in front of him, who has more value than Gibbs, AND a first rounder, for Gibbs??

You're absolutely kidding yourself.

Pick 13 is a great deal for Carlton; you should be stoked that you can get it for Gibbs, with his one B&F and zero AA honors.

Precedent would involve looking at the Tom Mitchell deal, or the Dangerfield deal, or the Treloar deal; all players with significantly more value than Gibbs - yet you're expecting to receive more for him.

Good luck.

No you're not, you're making ridiculous shit up.

Brad Crouch, a young player with a higher ceiling than Gibbs, and his entire career in front of him, who has more value than Gibbs, AND a first rounder, for Gibbs??

You're absolutely kidding yourself.

Pick 13 is a great deal for Carlton; you should be stoked that you can get it for Gibbs, with his one B&F and zero AA honors.

Precedent would involve looking at the Tom Mitchell deal, or the Dangerfield deal, or the Treloar deal; all players with significantly more value than Gibbs - yet you're expecting to receive more for him.

Good luck.

Gibbs is a much better player than Tom Mitchell you have to agree?

I would bet you would prefer Gibbs in Crows colours than Mitchell

If Carlton keeps asking for more than pick 13+2nd round pick Adelaide should just go for Rockliff who is a better player. Pick 13 alone will also get it done.
Hear that the Crows are cooling on the GIBBS TRADE. . Being approached by Gibbs' management threw their trade plans BUT word is they are going back to their original plans before Gobbs was offered. I guess they realise that if they continue the impasse with Carlton until the end of the week they may not achieve their initial plan. Seems a GWS player may be involved if Gibbs is not done by Monday.

Hear that the Crows are cooling on the GIBBS TRADE. . Being approached by Gibbs' management threw their trade plans BUT word is they are going back to their original plans before Gobbs was offered. I guess they realise that if they continue the impasse with Carlton until the end of the week they may not achieve their initial plan. Seems a GWS player may be involved if Gibbs is not done by Monday.

In English please
What does all this mean?

Just not true. Was said on radio in Adelaide during the week that he was spoken too 18 months ago.

Gibbs will be our first and a lesser player like CEY or we will walk from the deal no real other alternatives for the crows, Woolf like Gibbs but not at a price which will affect the club

Cant see that happening. Adelaide is too far down the road now withe gibbs

Gibbs has great footskills with 4 years ahead of him. Mitchell is just a ball winner

Not close in comparisons you have to agree?
I'd take Mitchell ahead of Gibbs easily.
Mitchell (Tom) is an elite ball winner with average disposals
Gibbs is an OK ball winner with good disposals.
Mitchell is also like 5 years younger...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back