Remove this Banner Ad

May 8, 2022
Norwood
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Eagles NFL, 76ers, Blue Jays
What are some of the things to do on your bucket list

Watch the Ashes, at Lords, at least when it's not raining.
Watch a few games of NBA, love to see the Mavs, and Curry before he retires
Watch an NFL game
Travel to Europe, Switzerland, Austria, the smaller cities and towns in Germany, France and Italy
Watch an F1 race

I'll think of more later

I've previously bought a those "My Bucket List" type books that you can get from Typo and other stationery shops but never filled it out - probably should do so and see how many pre-set items I can cross off

In terms of things I've already done

- Watch an NFL match: I ticked that off in 2012, when I watched San Francisco vs Arizona at Candlestick Park. It was an amazing experience all round

- Watch an NBA match: same trip, I flew to LA on NYE, and the following week watched 2 Lakers games, which as a lifelong Lakers fan was a total dream come true, even with losing both matches. Up in the nosebleeds versus the 76ers and 7 rows from the front against the Nuggets; for the latter I spent a bit of the match just watching Jack Nicholson, but it was great to watch Kobe live

- Watch Wicked on Broadway; this one was high up on my bucket list items. I first visited NY in 06 but with backpacking around North America, I didn't really have the money to purchase a ticket for it and while I tried to win a ticket via the lottery I had no luck. I was back in NY 10 years later, still no luck in the lottery so bit the bullet & bought a ticket - absolutely loved it, cheekily took photos when not permitted and maybe even shed a tear or two in happiness

- See the North lights, which I did up in Fairbanks

Other things still on my bucket list:
  • Visit Iceland
  • Watch a cricket match at Lords
  • 4WD around Australia
  • Visit every continent

See Essendon win a final.
Anchorman GIF

I've previously bought a those "My Bucket List" type books that you can get from Typo and other stationery shops but never filled it out - probably should do so and see how many pre-set items I can cross off

In terms of things I've already done

- Watch an NFL match: I ticked that off in 2012, when I watched San Francisco vs Arizona at Candlestick Park. It was an amazing experience all round

- Watch an NBA match: same trip, I flew to LA on NYE, and the following week watched 2 Lakers games, which as a lifelong Lakers fan was a total dream come true, even with losing both matches. Up in the nosebleeds versus the 76ers and 7 rows from the front against the Nuggets; for the latter I spent a bit of the match just watching Jack Nicholson, but it was great to watch Kobe live

- Watch Wicked on Broadway; this one was high up on my bucket list items. I first visited NY in 06 but with backpacking around North America, I didn't really have the money to purchase a ticket for it and while I tried to win a ticket via the lottery I had no luck. I was back in NY 10 years later, still no luck in the lottery so bit the bullet & bought a ticket - absolutely loved it, cheekily took photos when not permitted and maybe even shed a tear or two in happiness

- See the North lights, which I did up in Fairbanks

Other things still on my bucket list:
  • Visit Iceland
  • Watch a cricket match at Lords
  • 4WD around Australia
  • Visit every continent
I want to start doing some more traveling locally. Just pitch a tent and explore some places in my state, and every now and then do other states.

Perhaps once a fortnight do some local camping, 4 times a year do some interstate travels, and once a year do an overseas trip.

I want to start doing some more traveling locally. Just pitch a tent and explore some places in my state, and every now and then do other states.

Perhaps once a fortnight do some local camping, 4 times a year do some interstate travels, and once a year do an overseas trip.
What state are you in ?

Lots to see in every state and even good things to see close to home.

Watch an NFL game
Travel to Europe, Switzerland, Austria, the smaller cities and towns in Germany, France and Italy
Watch an F1 race

I'll think of more later

Cricket in England is next level.

I've been to bringingham and old Trafford.
No lords sadly 😢.

What state are you in ?

Lots to see in every state and even good things to see close to home.
I'm in SA

I've got the Flinders Ranges to cover. I've already done the south side but as a youngster so it would be good to do again, and then work my way up a bit higher. I'm not that inspired by vast plains in the SA outback unless it was after a super wet spell.

Kangaroo Island would be good for a visit.
Already done the coast from East to West

I want to do Tassie again as there were things I didn't do last time, and a lot more of Victoria, Canberra

I'm in SA

I've got the Flinders Ranges to cover. I've already done the south side but as a youngster so it would be good to do again, and then work my way up a bit higher. I'm not that inspired by vast plains in the SA outback unless it was after a super wet spell.

I want to do Tassie again as there were things I didn't do last time, and a lot more of Victoria, Canberra
One bloke I follow on YouTube.
Went the bite and salt n pepper mountains or what ever they called.
Cooper peddy ..etc.

Tassie great .
Been 3 times will more visits.
Got more to do there.

Vic got some good spots .

One bloke I follow on YouTube.
Went the bite and salt n pepper mountains or what ever they called.
Cooper peddy ..etc.

Tassie great .
Been 3 times will more visits.
Got more to do there.

Vic got some good spots .
wanna do Grampians which isn't too far for me. Want to visit a lot of the small towns still with character

wanna do Grampians which isn't too far for me. Want to visit a lot of the small towns still with character
Grampians is a great spot but the time we were the main road to all the good spots was getting re sealed ...

Wilson prom is also very good spot.

GOR..

High country Bright area is where I wanna go next.

I'm in SA

I went to Kangaroo Island on a day trip earlier this year when I was in Adelaide

It's a lot bigger than I think people realise, and next time I'd love to have my own vehicle so I could spend a few days there

Just not a good place to visit if you get seasick - it's apparently one of the roughest sea crisis in Aus, and they do cancel crossings in predicted bad weather

I know the day I went over, on my way back I had planned on sitting at the front of the ferry to try & get a nice view but they had closed off that section of both ferries early in the morning after things got a little rougher and they had a bit of a clean up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I spent my early childhood in Stawell so the nearby Grampians was the formative day trip adventure at hand we often did. A lot of my most vivid early memories are in and around the Halls Gap town and Grampians tracks and nearby lakes. Last time I passed through Stawell was 2007 and Halls Gap maybe 1998, probably changed a heap since then.

Watch an NFL game
Watch an F1 race

I'll think of more later
I had a ticket for day 1 1997 at Lords and it was abandoned without a ball being bowled which was a big let down.

I had a ticket for day 1 1997 at Lords and it was abandoned without a ball being bowled which was a big let down.

We had tickets to Day 2 at Lord's for the 2001 Ashes test and the weather forecast looked terrible. I thought it might have been a washout or at least rain interrupted but we got lucky, the rain cleared before play started and we got to see a full day's play.

It was a great experience to watch an Ashes test match there. Hard to get tickets for it though, I only got tickets for it as I knew a Kiwi girl that worked at Lord's and she gave me a couple of her free tickets as she wasn't a big cricket fan despite working there.

We had tickets to Day 2 at Lord's for the 2001 Ashes test and the weather forecast looked terrible. I thought it might have been a washout or at least rain interrupted but we got lucky, the rain cleared before play started and we got to see a full day's play.

It was a great experience to watch an Ashes test match there. Hard to get tickets for it though, I only got tickets for it as I knew a Kiwi girl that worked at Lord's and she gave me a couple of her free tickets as she wasn't a big cricket fan despite working there.
CAn you go to all days? Or at least set up for two tests.

Yes.

I did in a tour .prob paid extra..

All days 2nd and 3rd tests ....
The duration of holiday makes it an issue unless you do day 4-5 and 123 for the next test

The duration of holiday makes it an issue unless you do day 4-5 and 123 for the next test

Imo it's worth it..
The biggest cost once your there is finding some where to stay.

I did a cricket tour and then 16 day Euro tour.
I rang up The airline and got a few extra days so could go to stone henge and few random things .

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Bucket List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back