Society & Culture Bucket List

Remove this Banner Ad

CAn you go to all days? Or at least set up for two tests.

To go to all the days at Lord's you either need to be a member or be in an expensive boomer tour group to attend all 5 days.

We managed to sneak into a couple of better tour group seats at Lord's as a couple of the old boomers piked out after lunch.

I fully understand on tours esp in a different county.

I was talking to this lady from USA doing Aussie holiday on the Sydney bridge climb she was doing blue mountains tour unsure on cost .
But Shirley would be cheaper doing it yourself.
Even the bus ride out to Wentworth was peanuts buses to the 3 sisters from the station cost 1$.

To go to all the days at Lord's you either need to be a member or be in an expensive boomer tour group to attend all days.

We managed to sneak into a couple of better tour group seats at Lord's as a couple of the old boomers piked out after lunch.

Would Lords cost more ..?

To go to all the days at Lord's you either need to be a member or be in an expensive boomer tour group to attend all 5 days.

It says $390 per day for Lords when I looked on Google, so I mean if it's a one off not entirely bad, but I suspect it might cost more than that. Yeah, that's probably for a lottery ticket which you may very well not get.

Here's a tour and it's by waiting List. I suspect will be ultra expensive.

No flights. No transfers. No travel cards. No day trips. No trips to Europe. No tour hosts. No add-ons. Nothing. The bare minimum to create the most affordable access per test to UK Ashes 2027 match tickets.

To prepare for UK Ashes 2027, our 2023 tours were PP Twin/Double | Single:

• Birmingham: A$3000 | A$3700
  • Lord's: A$5100 | $6600
  • Leeds: A$3300 | A$4300
  • Manchester: A$3100 | A$3900
  • The Oval: A$3900 | A$5600

Doubt I'd be willing to fork out 5K for the experience. Seems a bit rich.

Last edited:
Would Lords cost more ..?

It probably costs more for a ticket but beer and food prices were reasonable, we drank full strength Fosters pints for about 5 quid.

At a pub you would pay 3 or 4 quid so not a huge markup unlike cricket and footy stadiums here.

It says $390 per day for Lords when I looked on Google, so I mean if it's a one off not entirely bad, but I suspect it might cost more than that.
Surprise Seinfeld GIF

It probably costs more for a ticket but beer and food prices were reasonable, we drank full strength Fosters pints for about 5 quid.

At a pub you would pay 3 or 4 quid so not a huge markup unlike cricket and footy stadiums here.
It's funny.
No one guts foster here 🤣🍺

It says $390 per day for Lords when I looked on Google, so I mean if it's a one off not entirely bad, but I suspect it might cost more than that. Yeah, that's probably for a lottery ticket which you may very well not get.

Here's a tour and it's by waiting List. I suspect will be ultra expensive.

That wouldn't surprise me, we paid 50 quid each for our tickets in 2001 and that was buying off a friend who was not for profit.

Scalpers would charge a King's ransom for Lord's Ashes tickets, other grounds would be a lot cheaper, you pay for the privilege,

That wouldn't surprise me, we paid 50 quid each for our tickets in 2001 and that was buying off a friend who was not for profit.

Scalpers would charge a King's ransom for Lord's Ashes tickets, other grounds would be a lot cheaper, you pay for the privilege,
I'd prefer to try and buy a 1 day pass or something and hope for the best

I stayed in St John's Wood for a few weeks the last time I was in London.

Every day there was a game on, every pub from Primrose Hill to the Westway was completely rammed with tweed, houndstooth, and an easy life. median age was about 66. all just drinking with their wives and toff mates. this was at 10am.

By 4, 5pm you'd walk past the ground and they were steaming. I've seen Flemington-Ascot Vale 20 minutes after the last race better behaved.

They ****in love their piss those old pricks.

I got Lords day 4 in 2013 for, from memory, about £150.

Pales into insignificance though compared to the 400 euro I paid to see Real Madrid vs Barcelona at the Bernabeu the same year.

Ok subtle brag over. 😉
That's the equivalent to watching the Mavs or Warriors play a huge game in the NBA for me. Also keen to see a huge game in the NFL. I'm really wanting to see a game between the Eagles and someone like the Chiefs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Bucket List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back