Buckley can't coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Eh Collingwood are doing it right. Play to your opponents level at the start of the season not to your own, keep it in the tank. It was a comprehensively uninspiring game but they were playing Richmond and uninspired is all a good team needs to beat the Tigs.

I did find it funny how much ball Swan was getting in the back pocket though, especially in the third. I know a lot of people carry on about accumulators racking up cheap possies but that was probably the most blatant example in a while and it was pretty funny.

Pies are fine.

Well there is one thing he has wrong is wanting Leon Davis.

Leon davis is fat, overweight and cant run at the moment for Perth, he's been in a very good paddock.

Is half the player he used to be.

As much as I want to be positive about tonight from a Richmond perspective, it looks as if Collingwood did the minimum to win.

slow edged ahead as the game wore on and then slammed on a nice buffer in six minutes to simply play the game out from that point on.

Collingwood mate with me was almost bored with the predictability of the win.

Have a feeling the OP is using one of his aliases.

Buckley hasn't shown he can coach, but he hasn't shown any signs he can't either.

Got beaten by the premiership favourites last weekend and beat a side tipped to be thereabouts come week 1 of the finals by 21 points and it's disaster zone?

Jeebus christ. Good troll and all but inb4lock and all that.

The only person who thinks Buckley is a better option than Malthouse is Eddie

The whole problem was Buckley would have gone elsewhere so Buckley,s had to be locked in

Only person you can blame if Buckley is unsuccessful is Eddie

One could argue that Eddie has made a decision based on the interests of Eddie instead of Collingwood

Time will tell

Where is the leadership at Collingwood?

I am saying it already.

We are gone!

Non existent.

Don't wanna sound negative but if we continue to put up performances like that we wont make the top 4. We have some star players but also some absolute duds. God forbid if we got a couple of injuries to our gun players. We'd be lucky to make the eight if that happened.

Buckley is really showing his lack of nous.

The change from Malthouse to Buckley has hurt the whole Collingwood empire.

Buckley has shown nothing yet.

Rob Harvey can't coach.

Just cause you were a great player. doesn't mean you can coach. Infact, sometimes it is the exact opposite.

The whole team shows no discipline.

Our coaching staff are all rookies or blokes like Eade who are only in it for the retirement money.

Basically we took our form from last years finals into this year. People were saying after our NAB cup effort to ignore it and only comment once the real season starts.

Well, 2 weeks into the season and we are nowhere near a threat this year.

I simply cant believe our ball movement this year compared to last!!

Apart from Pendles and a couple of the younger guys; our squad looked disinterested!!.

Hopefully it was a one off.

We played 6 minutes of football.

Correct! 6 minutes of football. We developed that lazy habit as season 2011 progressed. By the time Round 24 rolled around Geelong smashed us. We haven't been the same since.

Season 2012 Top Four: Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, Carlton, West Coast. Five into four won't go.

Question: Which team is the odd one out? After today's annihilation in Perth, West Coast is now an absolute monty for top four with all their home games.

Very uninspiring win. Hopefully, we are just pacing ourselves, but at the moment, we look like a 5-8 side, rather than top 4.

Disposal is woeful, and kickouts are a raffle.

We have lost the desperation that we have had in the past.

We miss Leon Daivs. We have no pace. Watch Garlett next week and you will know.

Our kick outs are appalling.

Sidebottom hardly tries. I know he is laconic but geez.

Daisy Thomas played 5 minutes of footy.

Without Maxwell out there, the backline has no one to lead them.

We can't kick goals and Dawes seems lost as he is no ruckman and not now a forward.

Swan seems to have lost a yard and now he has signed the big contract, doesn't care any more.

He must have turned it over 10 times tonight.

Without Pendlebury - we would be lost.

The Pies, without any leadership.

Sinclair would have to be the worst player to get a game in perhaps 10 years. The only thing you can be sure of when he gets his hands on the ball is, that the opposition will have it soon after. Julian Rowe and Ben Davies can consider themselves unlucky in comparison.

Would be nice if some senior players could find it in their overpaid hearts to string together 4 quarters next week, even if we lose.

Robert Walls on SEN, comes out with "right now, I reckon Judd and Murphy are the two most elite and best midfielders in the League "
icon_lol.gif

He could be right!

All the five sides (Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, Carlton and West Coast) currently in the mix for a top four finish have great midfields.

The question is what we can get out of our defense and forwards that will swing the scales in our favour. Right now, I am doubtful we can displace the other four sides.

I don't often agree with Robert Walls, but Carlton and West Coast have as much of a chance of the flag this year as Geelong and Hawthorn.

We don't I'm afraid. Our injury toll mounts from tonight and our kids aren't up to it.

We will be smashed by the Blues on Friday night.

How did going 20 and 2 in the H&A season work out for you last year?

Smashing ordinary sides in April counts for nothing in September.

And what happens on Friday night will mean nothing come finals time as well.

All Collingwood needs to do is make sure they finish top 4, which they will, and that they have all their cattle fit and firing in September (unlike 2011), which they will.

The only person who thinks Buckley is a better option than Malthouse is Eddie

The whole problem was Buckley would have gone elsewhere so Buckley,s had to be locked in

Only person you can blame if Buckley is unsuccessful is Eddie

One could argue that Eddie has made a decision based on the interests of Eddie instead of Collingwood

Time will tell
Do you really believe that?
Eddie got Malthouse to Collingwood and he eventually delivered a flag.
Very easy for an opposition supporter to say Buck's will fail because he is Eddie's and Collingwood's love child........but didn't win a flag and had the reputation as a big headed player.
Soft target for a site like this IMO.

One thing is for sure, if we can't run games out a little harder, we will run the risk of not winning enough games to finish top eight, and not many sides have played in prelims from that position, let alone won premierships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ha ha ha...oh, christ...ha ha...this is too much...too much...ha ha ha ha...Blessed, my man...oh man...ha ha ha...just...too...funny...ha ha ha!!

Anyway, enough of that. Bring on Round 3. Carlton, MCG, 60,000 people - and just on crowds, is it me, or have attendances been a bit disappointing of late? Collingwood's two games - less than 80,000 against the hawks, when you expect it to be well over, and last night less than 60,000. Where is everybody? Any other games been disappointing in crowd numbers?

And in regards to Nathan Buckley - he is incredibly cool, unruffled, before the media. It's like nothing worries him. Calm, collected. I wonder how long it will be before he cracks? I wonder if he has any of the famed Malthouse 'fire & brimstone' in him behind the closed doors of the players rooms?

Where is the leadership at Collingwood?

I am saying it already.

We are gone!

Non existent.

Don't wanna sound negative but if we continue to put up performances like that we wont make the top 4. We have some star players but also some absolute duds. God forbid if we got a couple of injuries to our gun players. We'd be lucky to make the eight if that happened.

Buckley is really showing his lack of nous.

The change from Malthouse to Buckley has hurt the whole Collingwood empire.

Buckley has shown nothing yet.

Rob Harvey can't coach.

Just cause you were a great player. doesn't mean you can coach. Infact, sometimes it is the exact opposite.

The whole team shows no discipline.

Our coaching staff are all rookies or blokes like Eade who are only in it for the retirement money.

Basically we took our form from last years finals into this year. People were saying after our NAB cup effort to ignore it and only comment once the real season starts.

Well, 2 weeks into the season and we are nowhere near a threat this year.

I simply cant believe our ball movement this year compared to last!!

Apart from Pendles and a couple of the younger guys; our squad looked disinterested!!.

Hopefully it was a one off.

We played 6 minutes of football.

Correct! 6 minutes of football. We developed that lazy habit as season 2011 progressed. By the time Round 24 rolled around Geelong smashed us. We haven't been the same since.

Season 2012 Top Four: Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, Carlton, West Coast. Five into four won't go.

Question: Which team is the odd one out? After today's annihilation in Perth, West Coast is now an absolute monty for top four with all their home games.

Very uninspiring win. Hopefully, we are just pacing ourselves, but at the moment, we look like a 5-8 side, rather than top 4.

Disposal is woeful, and kickouts are a raffle.

We have lost the desperation that we have had in the past.

We miss Leon Daivs. We have no pace. Watch Garlett next week and you will know.

Our kick outs are appalling.

Sidebottom hardly tries. I know he is laconic but geez.

Daisy Thomas played 5 minutes of footy.

Without Maxwell out there, the backline has no one to lead them.

We can't kick goals and Dawes seems lost as he is no ruckman and not now a forward.

Swan seems to have lost a yard and now he has signed the big contract, doesn't care any more.

He must have turned it over 10 times tonight.

Without Pendlebury - we would be lost.

The Pies, without any leadership.

Sinclair would have to be the worst player to get a game in perhaps 10 years. The only thing you can be sure of when he gets his hands on the ball is, that the opposition will have it soon after. Julian Rowe and Ben Davies can consider themselves unlucky in comparison.

Would be nice if some senior players could find it in their overpaid hearts to string together 4 quarters next week, even if we lose.

Robert Walls on SEN, comes out with "right now, I reckon Judd and Murphy are the two most elite and best midfielders in the League "
icon_lol.gif

He could be right!

All the five sides (Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, Carlton and West Coast) currently in the mix for a top four finish have great midfields.

The question is what we can get out of our defense and forwards that will swing the scales in our favour. Right now, I am doubtful we can displace the other four sides.

I don't often agree with Robert Walls, but Carlton and West Coast have as much of a chance of the flag this year as Geelong and Hawthorn.

We don't I'm afraid. Our injury toll mounts from tonight and our kids aren't up to it.

We will be smashed by the Blues on Friday night.
Strongly recommend you ditch Collingwood and start... ummmm... "supporting" another team. Panic Much! :rolleyes:

How did going 20 and 2 in the H&A season work out for you last year?

Smashing ordinary sides in April counts for nothing in September.

And what happens on Friday night will mean nothing come finals time as well.

All Collingwood needs to do is make sure they finish top 4, which they will, and that they have all their cattle fit and firing in September (unlike 2011), which they will.

This is absolutely true. Nobody remembers Collingwood went virtually undefeated last year, all they remember is Geelong beat them in the GF.

Way too early to make any call on Buckley.

I've come to the conclusion that no matter what team you inherit, first year coaches will always struggle. Its taken woosha, bomber, malthouse and Clark years before they won their first premiership. And that's not before years of struggle.

Well there is one thing he has wrong is wanting Leon Davis.

Leon davis is fat, overweight and cant run at the moment for Perth, he's been in a very good paddock.

Is half the player he used to be.

Pretty sure he wouldn't be in that condition if he was still on Collingwoods list.

We were up and about early last year, look where that got us. Ease up.

To a GF? :confused:

I've come to the conclusion that no matter what team you inherit, first year coaches will always struggle. Its taken woosha, bomber, malthouse and Clark years before they won their first premiership. And that's not before years of struggle.
Scott won a flag last year and Eade nearly did with us in 96. So it is possible but most of the time there can be a slow start due to the steep learning curve for the team and the coach himself.

Prepare yourself for more losses this year particularly early Blessed. It's the way it's going to go. But the pointy end of the season will be when we are at our best and you wish you didn't make these threads.

We are noticeably off with our fitness and skills, but we are building our players into the season. We are also playing 5 odd players each week who probably aren't ready yet, but we are taking a long term view with their development and trying not to rush back players (although we failed in that regard with Tarrant). Our backline has been reshuffled, our normally big midfield rotation (a big strength of ours) is down a few senior players and we are trying to learn who can cover Krakouer/Macaffer up forward as this is our greatest weakness within the 22.

Everything is going as expected so far this year. We've been in winning positions and on top in both games. Would be nice to turn up a cog though next week, I think Carlton will bring something extra out of us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Buckley can't coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back