Buckley hamstring again ... retirement?

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't look serious on tele, but it definitely tightened up on him causing him to pull up.

I'd say a strain more than a tear, which is usually only a 1-2 week injury at most.

Still expect him to play again this year, but will definitely be his last IMO. We'll need the salary cap space for Judd ;).

Didn't look serious on tele, but it definitely tightened up on him causing him to pull up.

I'd say a strain more than a tear, which is usually only a 1-2 week injury at most.

Still expect him to play again this year, but will definitely be his last IMO. We'll need the salary cap space for Judd ;).

Mate, he hasn't played yet this year because of hamstring problems........it's serious whether it be strain or tear

Nothing against Bux here, but isn't it ironic that out of Voss, Buckley and Hird, it seems Voss and Bux are sucumbing to injury first while Hird is absolutely destroying it fully fit?

since when is Hird absolutely destroying it??

playing a very easy role for the dons this year, an outside link man, good on jimbob

Mick has stated that this year's model is more developed and better than last year's squad. If it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me.
Buckley is a great of the game, close to Collingwood's best player of all time; people can say the side owes him but no one is bigger than the club and the team. Nothing is owed.

Ever heard of Bob Rose? Gordon Coventry? Little bit of perspective here. He's been great for Collingwood but there have been good footballers before 1994.

Agree with your last comment though, plenty of greats have to retire in less than perfect circumstances. He's not the first and he won't be the last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ever heard of Bob Rose? Gordon Coventry? Little bit of perspective here. He's been great for Collingwood but there have been good footballers before 1994.

Agree with your last comment though, plenty of greats have to retire in less than perfect circumstances. He's not the first and he won't be the last.

He is rated by quite a few Collingwood people who saw both B.Rose play as in Bobby's league

G.Coventry was probably the poorer of the 4 Coventry and Collier brothers actually!!

buxhamstringscc6.jpg

hope he retires and doesnt get a premiership medal which he left brisbane to go to collingwood to win one LOL

And I hope Michael Voss gets sacked from Channel 10 and someone punches Simon Black's lights out this week-end and he never plays again....

You're a fcuk-wit Gooner, you only ever post negative comments about Collingwood, probably in an attempt to make friends with other morons who know nothing about footy.

I really don't see the saddness. Buckley has had a fantastic, highly decorated career. If (when) he retires, he'll be remembered as one of the greatest ever Collingwood players, and one of the all time greats of the game. Sure, retiring because of injuries isn't the best way to leave the game, but it's not as if his career is being cut particularly short. He's what, 34 years old?

Ok, so it looks like he will never have a premiership. Neither will Robert Harvey, or Chris Grant, or any of a multitude of great players. He'll get another chance as he persues his next career... as a coach.

Ever watched one of your flags in colour ?

:confused:

C'mon Plogs, everyone knows the Lions' AFL 'assisted' flags were won very recently.

Hope the Brissy Fans enjoyed them 'cos it's going to be a loooooooong time before the next one. Did you see, they could'nt even beat Richmond?

hahaha

:confused:

C'mon Plogs, everyone knows the Lions' AFL 'assisted' flags were won very recently.

Hope the Brissy Fans enjoyed them 'cos it's going to be a loooooooong time before the next one. Did you see, they could'nt even beat Richmond?

hahaha

My mistake, i did not read his profile properly. Well, at least Melbourne won theirs fairly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Buckley hamstring again ... retirement?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back