Coach Buckley steps down

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad but required. Wonder who is next. Hopefully Ross Lyon, Mitchell or Clarkson.

I believe a club would do well to pick up Buckley next year. Has learnt a lot
Buckley has been lambasted for his defence at all costs mantra and people are suggesting Lyon? Really???
Clarkson or Pyke should be our targets imo.

Thanks for everything, Bucks. No-one could doubt your commitment to the cause. You will be remembered as a champion player and an excellent coach. Thanks for getting us ahead of the cheats on H2H and some great wins along the way.

Well said my sentiments exactly, thanks for everything bucks.

I still think that he could become a great coach at another club after a break from it all and re think on some of his coaching philosophy.

Last edited:

Buckley has been lambasted for his defence at all costs mantra and people are suggesting Lyon? Really???
Clarkson or Pyke should be our targets imo.
It makes me chuckle seeing Lyon suggested. Almost identical to Bucks except Lyon is a prick, and even more defensive!

Well people got there wish, just hope it’s the right wish.
The guy can coach, probably go elsewhere and get the premiership
Miss you already
Go pies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst case for us - none of the above.

Don't understand the thinking that an experienced coach is essential. Was it the worst case for Hawthorn to appoint Clarkson in the first place?

Get the best candidate. A new approach to the game might be more successful than replicating old methods at Collingwood.

I said this a while back.

As soon as Wright arrived, you just got a gut feeling it was the first step in getting Clarkson to Collingwood. This was probably sped up because Carlton have probably started sniffing around Clarkson now too.

It's no coincidence we've been hearing kerfuffle out of Hawthorn about Sam Mitchell. Hawthorn earmarked Mitchell as Clarko's successor AGES ago. But now that Clubs will be after him, Hawthorn needs to decide now what it wants to do.

They need to beware the favourite son as next messiah coach, look at how many times its gone south.

I guess the difference being is he has done a genuine apprenticeship.

Didn’t get the flag he wanted and deserved in so many ways as player or coach and whilst he didn’t, let’s not bash down a man who truly bled Black & White in every way til the end. Hope he’s still around the club in the future. All the very best to you Bucks 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Buckley steps down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back