Buddy Draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be tough for interstate supporters such as myself if we get a rookie or Bullants reserves player ...as it is impossible for us to see any of their games

Well, then you better hope you get a pick early enough in the draft to get someone of good quality who will spend little time in the reserves...

suggestion.....why not kick it off. with 26 we will cover most players likely to play early in the year in the 1's. Of the remaining 16, people can nominate a buddy if there is a player the like who slips through, or we can begin to think about doubling up, or running a secondary draft, or just leaving those 16 out.

Actually if nobody objects can i please have Brad Fisher please.

I won't have a bad word said about him so i feel i being his biggest fan should write on behalf of him :)

tell u what ...just to make it fair ..you can have a coin toss between Fisher and one other player ...ummm lets see now ...how about Ryan Houlihan ?.
that way you have a 50 50 chance of getting the player u want ? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tell u what ...just to make it fair ..you can have a coin toss between Fisher and one other player ...ummm lets see now ...how about Ryan Houlihan ?.
that way you have a 50 50 chance of getting the player u want ? ;)

Sounds fair by me, heads i get Fish, tails i get Houla, just bear with me while i go get my two headed coin.

Well there's no point giving non Melbourne people players that won't be in the senior squad or they won't be able to report on them will they.

The whole point of the buddy draft is that its random. If everyone just picked their favourite players then 10 or 15 of the players would have more than one person wanting them and the others would have no one!

The whole point of the buddy draft is that its random. If everyone just picked their favourite players then 10 or 15 of the players would have more than one person wanting them and the others would have no one!

So basically it's a closed event then,only for supporters who live in Melbourne?

As i'm not sure how any of us that live outside Melbourne are going to be reporting on a player who's regularly in the Bullants.

If it is going to be the case i look forward to not seeing reports on half of the squad :thumbsu:

So basically it's a closed event then,only for supporters who live in Melbourne?

As i'm not sure how any of us that live outside Melbourne are going to be reporting on a player who's regularly in the Bullants.

If it is going to be the case i look forward to not seeing reports on half of the squad :thumbsu:

It's the luck of the draw, hopefully you get to pick someone who plays the majority of the year in the seniors.

And don't forget, there is a trade period after the draft, so you may get a player who plays regularly for the Blues...

It's the luck of the draw, hopefully you get to pick someone who plays the majority of the year in the seniors.

And don't forget, there is a trade period after the draft, so you may get a player who plays regularly for the Blues...

So it will be luck of the draw that this concept works?

Its called a draft folks. We all get a pick and what comes from it comes from it. If we started picking now pretty much everyone would get a senior player and maybe people can join in later or Melbourne based fans can pick up the other players.

It is all for a bit of fun though I would think so lets do it in that spirit.

Its called a draft folks. We all get a pick and what comes from it comes from it. If we started picking now pretty much everyone would get a senior player and maybe people can join in later or Melbourne based fans can pick up the other players.

It is all for a bit of fun though I would think so lets do it in that spirit.
Definitely, but I doubt more than a few will be able to make it down to the Ants games. I know I won't be able to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy Draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back