Mega Thread Buddy Franklin moves to Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

So just to be clear, your team fit your Norm Smith Fullback in because you lost a few players last year and you're fine with that, but are now losing your proverbial over the fact the Swans can afford a new player given that they also have lost/are losing players?

FWIW I don't want him, I just find the hypocrisy both insulting and hilarious

No, Brian lake won a Norm Smith last week.
We recruited him last year.
He took a pay CUT to come to Hawthorn, he also wasn't enjoying his last few years at the Dggies.
The Buddy scenario is vastly different, where you guys are offering him a substantial pay rise. Like you did last year to Tippett.
It isn't a stretch to say that luring two of the top 5 KPF in Two years, with pay rises, is a little fishy.

If it's true that the Swans are offloading Mumford contract then I can see this working. Add in the retirements plus a pay cut for the likes of Goodes and OKeefe...

People will point to COLA and whinge. Meh. No-one was upset with COLA when Sydney missed the finals in 2009.

All I'll say is that this should be the spark to make the salary caps and player wages public ala NBA and NFL. If there was transparency over wages then no-one could be upset.

That's just crap. Handed the Premiership next year. This is unfair to the other clubs who don't get this kind of opportunity. The swans will not go down the ladder like this. They'll keep topping up and remain a premiership threat. Kurt Tippet and Buddy added to the team after winning a premiership. After our 2000 premiership, we were forced to let players go, let alone topping up with two of the best forwards. This competition really has become a joke. Cola should be abolished :thumbsdown:

That's a joke

Depth at Sydney will be the starting 22 as surely there can't possibly any further room in the salary cap for any additional players.

I would presume also with Sydney already having an ambassador in Goodes that he won't be entitled to that additional benefit or will this just be another area where the AFL's integrity department will be working overtime in justifying the payment.

We lost some fringe players (Young, Gilham and Murphy) to add $400k.

Sydney over 2 years are adding $800k for Tippett, and $1.4 for Buddy.

So thats 400k v 2.2 million. Must be a shitload of fringe players that Sydney have lost, and of course has nothing to do with the COLA.

I find your stupidity, both insulting and hilarious. But hey, your a Swans supporter. I should expect nothing less.

Jude, Morton, White, Mattner, Mumford (most likely) this year plus CAP increase next season helps. All of them bar Morton on decent money.

Moore, Seaby, Bradshaw, last year.

We've basically completely turned over the list since 2009 on the basis that our drafted talent, and traded group such as JPK and McGlynn, and the core existing senior players would see us through.

And watching Mitchell, Biggs, Rampe, Alex Johnson, Hannas, Reid etc etc I can see why the club was confident in the kids. :thumbsu:

I thought this too, but looking at Sydney's list... who (apart from Goodes or Tippett) would be on max deals?

We heard this argument last year as well
Kieran Jack, Hanbury and Kennedy must be playing for chips

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how the rest of the Sydney list will feel with 2 show ponies eating up a massive chunk of their salary cap while they are left to fight over the crumbs?

Great way to engender team harmony Sydney, realy hope it doesn't backfireo_O...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Buddy Franklin moves to Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back