Buddy Franklin

Remove this Banner Ad

madcat001

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Anyone starting to wonder about Franklin? I guess at this stage of the year trades are starting to become very precious, and Franklin will have to stay put for most who have him, but with 66, 49 and 78 over his past three weeks, is anyone starting to question his DT ability? I know if I had more trades than I do, i'd be starting to look at moving him in to someone like Riewoldt or BJ.

Go ahead and do that, i guarantee you will be bitterly disappointed. Its a form slump, all the Legends of the game have them, if you havent noticed aswell, Hawks are not playing great footy. Trade him off but in a few weeks time you may be crying.

I won't be trading him, I only have 3 trades left, and like you say I think he'll return to good scores. Just wondering how everyone else is viewing his form and when they expect him to return.

Definitely a keeper at this stage of the season. Has shown he can pull big scores. I was looking at getting him into my side a few weeks ago, but don't need him nor do I have anyone I want to trade for him. Deledio, BJ, Pav, JB, Dids, Porps, Chappy are going greatguns.

He's showing he can be stopped now as well, unlike the first 5-10 rounds where he dominated.

Every one of Franklin's scores higher than 100 this season has been a 6 goal or more performance (with another score of bang on 100 with a 5 goal haul). While it's impressive that he is able to kick that many, I'd rather my star player be capable of hundreds without relying so heavily on goal scoring (players like Chapman and Johnson for example).

You're certainly getting money value (assuming you bought him at the start), but I wouldn't be looking to bring him in any time soon. TBH if Franklin is your biggest concern then I think you're flying :cool:.

Every one of Franklin's scores higher than 100 this season has been a 6 goal or more performance (with another score of bang on 100 with a 5 goal haul). While it's impressive that he is able to kick that many, I'd rather my star player be capable of hundreds without relying so heavily on goal scoring (players like Chapman and Johnson for example).

You're certainly getting money value (assuming you bought him at the start), but I wouldn't be looking to bring him in any time soon. TBH if Franklin is your biggest concern then I think you're flying :cool:.

If a play is averaging me 100, I don't care if he is getting 1 goal or 10 goals or no goals, just keep getting me those tons!
Molly

With Nick Riewoldt 's new richo like role im betting he will outscore franklin in the last 8 rounds, Just watch his space

You must be the only person in the world brave enough to make that call:rolleyes:

Riewoldt kicking 3 goals will outscore Buddy kicking 5 goals any day of the DT week.

There was an interesting stat in the Herald Sun the other day about the target when the Hawks enter the forward 50.

The hawks went to buddy twice of often as Roughead in the first 11 rounds. In the last 3 rounds they have gone to Roughead more time than they go to buddy. This is reflected in his low scores over the past 3 weeks.

Unfortunately I picked Buddy up 4 weeks ago and should have gone for Richo. I thought the same as the comments above, that he needs to kick a bag to score well and was worried he'd score less if the Hawks started losing, but he kicked 5 and scored 100 against the bulldogs in a losing team and it changed my mind.

I also got him as I'm gunning for a league win and the other teams in the 8 have him. He has the ability to score massive and that could hurt me if I play a team with him in the finals so I wanted to cover that. I still should have gone Richo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was an interesting stat in the Herald Sun the other day about the target when the Hawks enter the forward 50.

The hawks went to buddy twice of often as Roughead in the first 11 rounds. In the last 3 rounds they have gone to Roughead more time than they go to buddy. This is reflected in his low scores over the past 3 weeks.

Unfortunately I picked Buddy up 4 weeks ago and should have gone for Richo. I thought the same as the comments above, that he needs to kick a bag to score well and was worried he'd score less if the Hawks started losing, but he kicked 5 and scored 100 against the bulldogs in a losing team and it changed my mind.

I also got him as I'm gunning for a league win and the other teams in the 8 have him. He has the ability to score massive and that could hurt me if I play a team with him in the finals so I wanted to cover that. I still should have gone Richo.

I too picked up Buddwood about 6 weeks ago. I got a couple of good weeks out of the man and really starting to regret the trade though. Would much have preferred to probably hold off till Palmer peaked and used the coin to go Palmer > Ablett.

With all the hype it's hard to remember that Buddy's still a developing key forward with 60 odd games under his belt which is very few for a power forward to be consistently starring.

He's only 22 and still has 3-4 years more development before reaching his peak physically (scary) and for a power forward so young you would have to expect him to have his peaks and troughs. He will probably also tire a bit in the back half of the season while the more seasoned JBs, Volts and Pavs kick on.

Similar in some ways to Trav Cloke last year who admitted he was just about spent with 5-6 rounds left. Buddy will still pull his big games but probably with a bit less regularity than in the first half of the season. They may also play him closer to goal from time to time to keep some petrol in the tank for finals.

I'm happy that I held off on trading Porps/Riewoldt to him 3 weeks ago. As it is the only possible trade I'd make is Porps --> Franklin which would be worth it only if Franklin managed to average 110 over a couple of weeks and Porps' average went below the low 90s. I think most people have other priorities, eg backline.

I'm happy that I held off on trading Porps/Riewoldt to him 3 weeks ago. As it is the only possible trade I'd make is Porps --> Franklin which would be worth it only if Franklin managed to average 110 over a couple of weeks and Porps' average went below the low 90s. I think most people have other priorities, eg backline.

You were going to trade Riewoldt to Franklin? :confused:

Agree about the other priorities - backline needs work.

Looking to bring him in around Rds 18

His price should have plummeted considering his current low scores, plus having played Sydney and Geelong.

He'll then have a cushy run home playing WCE and Carlton in the last 2 rounds (Finals time)

Looking to bring him in around Rds 18

His price should have plummeted considering his current low scores, plus having played Sydney and Geelong.

He'll then have a cushy run home playing WCE and Carlton in the last 2 rounds (Finals time)

Thanks for that interesting bit of info. May never of thought of doing that otherwise

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy Franklin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back