Rumour Buddy In strife Again

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you. I think there is certainly a chance it has elements of all those things you mentioned, but I think the number one reason is tall poppy syndrome!

I'd also like to mention that all that was ever said was he is "battling a mental health condition". Addiction is in fact considered a mental health problem so if it was/is drug related (I personally don't know if it is or not because I don't know him and obviously don't have access to the intel everyone else seems to have).....then he should be congratulated and supported for taking time away from the game to seek treatment for that problem.
I really don't understand what people get out of constantly making comments like "Drugs!", "I heard it's drugs.", "Racking up lines again Buddy?", "3 strikes", "I have a source that told me he spotted Buddy on a pool table in Vegas snorting lines off Kurt Tippet's sister's dogs' tail!"
So what if it IS drug related! Let the fella sort himself out.

:thumbsu:

So what if it IS drug related! Let the fella sort himself out.

If it is drug related then as a Swans supporter are you comfortable that one of your star players sat out and had a detrimental effect on your 2015 finals campaign due his personal drug issues? All the while as the AFL and Sydney covered the whole thing up?

For the sake of your club and supporters I really hope it wasn't drugs related!

If it is drug related then as a Swans supporter are you comfortable that one of your star players sat out and had a detrimental effect on your 2015 finals campaign due his personal drug issues? All the while as the AFL and Sydney covered the whole thing up?

For the sake of your club and supporters I really hope it wasn't drugs related!

Like I said, IF it is drug-related it is still a mental health condition and I have no problem with him taking time away to get himself sorted out. Football isn't everything and I am pleased he had the guts to make a brave decision and put his hand up to step away from the game and seek whatever he needed for whatever mental health condition he is suffering from. I understand that Buddy is a human being, with family and friends, and he is not immune to the problems other people face. If he felt he was not FIT to play (for whatever reason) I certainly respect and support that.
I don't know what you expect? He is not a football playing robot only programmed to play footy, putting his work first at all times. He is human and I think he should be congratulated and supported for seeking the help he needed. I'm am sure that none of the players, coaches and support staff at the Sydney Swans blame Buddy for a poor finals campaign and I certainly don't either.

Can I ask you a couple of questions that I would like you to seriously consider and answer honestly?

1. If you had some sort of problem that was effecting your work, your personal life and/or your mental/physical health, do you think you should be required to carry on as normal with an expectation of doing everything as if nothing was wrong?

2. Would you put your job first before your physical/mental well-being? Before your family?

3. Would you be ok with your employer sharing the details with the entire country of the issues you were facing?

4. Do you genuinely think these guys (AFL athletes) are robots and have no right to firstly suffer from any medical health conditions, and secondly have no right to the time, space, respect and understanding required to address and treat these conditions?

5. If it is drugs, what will happen to the club and it's supporters? Why should we be so afraid of one of our players having a drug problem?

I genuinely look forward to your answers to these questions so I can understand where you're coming from.

As for the 'coverup' comment, I'm not even going to address it because it opens up a whole different kettle of fish and is quite frankly, total garbage.

Like I said, IF it is drug-related it is still a mental health condition and I have no problem with him taking time away to get himself sorted out. Football isn't everything and I am pleased he had the guts to make a brave decision and put his hand up to step away from the game and seek whatever he needed for whatever mental health condition he is suffering from. I understand that Buddy is a human being, with family and friends, and he is not immune to the problems other people face. If he felt he was not FIT to play (for whatever reason) I certainly respect and support that.
I don't know what you expect? He is not a football playing robot only programmed to play footy, putting his work first at all times. He is human and I think he should be congratulated and supported for seeking the help he needed. I'm am sure that none of the players, coaches and support staff at the Sydney Swans blame Buddy for a poor finals campaign and I certainly don't either.

I'd like to ask you a couple of questions that I would like to seriously consider and answer honestly, just so I can better understand where you're coming from with your post.

1. If you had some sort of problem that was effecting your work, your personal life and/or your mental/physical health, do you think you should be required to carry on as normal with an expectation of doing everything as if nothing was wrong?

2. Would you put your job first? Before your physical/mental well-being, before your family?

3. Would you be ok with your employer sharing the details of the issues you were facing with the entire country?

4. Do you genuinely think these guys (AFL athletes) are robots and have no right to firstly suffer from any medical health conditions, and secondly have no right to the time, space, respect and understanding required to address and treat these conditions?

5. If it is drugs, what will happen to the club and it's supporters? Why should we be so afraid of one of our players having a drug problem?

I genuinely look forward to your answers to these questions so I can understand where you're coming from.

As for the 'coverup' comment, I'm not even going to address it because it opens up a whole different kettle of fish and is quite frankly, total garbage.

He should be congratulated?

Turn it up ffs.

He should be congratulated?

Turn it up ffs.

Happy to.......

I certainly don't mean he should be congratulated as in add it to the CV, give him an award and make it all about Buddy! Here is a guy that is the biggest player in our game at the moment, and he has come out and put his hand up saying he is suffering from a mental health condition. He should be congratulated for making a brave call and shown support which will hopefully result in other men around the country doing the same thing. By congratulating the biggest player in the AFL for putting his hand up and saying he has a problem, it helps to eradicate the stigma that still surrounds men's mental health.

Happy to.......

I certainly don't mean he should be congratulated as in add it to the CV, give him an award and make it all about Buddy! Here is a guy that is the biggest player in our game at the moment, and he has come out and put his hand up saying he is suffering from a mental health condition. He should be congratulated for making a brave call and shown support which will hopefully result in other men around the country doing the same thing. By congratulating the biggest player in the AFL for putting his hand up and saying he has a problem, it helps to eradicate the stigma that still surrounds men's mental health.

Yeah yeah I understand your buddy love.

But he is not the biggest name in football and no one really gives a rats toss bag what he does.

I know I dont.

Yeah yeah I understand your buddy love.

But he is not the biggest name in football and no one really gives a rats toss bag what he does.

I know I dont.

I'm no Buddy fan boy by any means but if he's not the biggest name in football at the moment, he's certainly in the top two or three.

The ridiculous amount of Buddy threads on BF and the Buddy related rumours and gossip continuously floating around social media suggest that a hell of a lot of people actually do give a 'rats toss bag what he does'.

I'm sorry to say mate, but by you reading and positing in a Buddy rumours thread, it strongly suggests that you too are one of them!

I'm sorry to say mate, but by you reading and positing in a Buddy rumours thread, it strongly suggests that you too are one of them!

Yeah nah...I post regularly in the Chrisco thread..doesn't mean I'm keen on chrisco.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're missing the point dangles.

So. Reading the OP I definitely thought this big news was going to break imminently. Turns out it could just be a load off horse shit.

I'm surprised to be sitting here.

Just wait for another 6 months and this earth-shattering news will re-surface once more. I know because it used to break about every 6 months when he was at Hawthorn. Like clockwork. The three strikes rumour has been doing the circuit for many years, and apparently not about to stop anytime soon.

Just wait for another 6 months and this earth-shattering news will re-surface once more. I know because it used to break about every 6 months when he was at Hawthorn. Like clockwork. The three strikes rumour has been doing the circuit for many years, and apparently not about to stop anytime soon.

Getting used to it buddy. Don't have your experience yet but this is about rd4 for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back