Building Matty's support Staff

Remove this Banner Ad

I think 10 news mentioned he and Matty are good mates. One more 'M' name and we could get a decent sponsorship with MMM. ;)

Speaking of radio stations, Matty was just on MIX (and getting buzzed for every 'um' and 'ah' :D) and mentioned that he and Peter Rohde (sorry wapower ;)) were getting on the phones over the next couple of weeks to sound out assistants.

That's also what I heard at the club. They also mentioned that they will follow-up to sound out the unsuccessful applicants.

I see a lot of ex-Port players thrown up as potential assistants. If the last 2 - 3 years have shown anything it's that the coaching box needs a wide range of views.

I'd be happy to have one ex-Port player as an assistant to Primus (ideally Lade). Any more and it's looking too insular - no matter how good each one may be individually.

I see a lot of ex-Port players thrown up as potential assistants. If the last 2 - 3 years have shown anything it's that the coaching box needs a wide range of views.

I'd be happy to have one ex-Port player as an assistant to Primus (ideally Lade). Any more and it's looking too insular - no matter how good each one may be individually.

I want the best football brains in the box, no matter where they come from!

Hence why James gets a gig from local country football! What he had Barossa doing early in the season was unbelievable, they looked unbeatable. Injuries and the like set in however.

Lade has outside influences now, Dew also, Monty the same.

It's not like were asking for Jack back!

Yeah - I was thnking the same thing looking at the names being bandied about.

Don't want Dew, he won't move unless Sarah Cummings is willing to become the new (hotter) Jane Doyle, and I just don't see him as a coach for some reason.

Monty or Lade would be okay, but don't want both.

Someone like Brett Kirk would be invaluable but I think the negative perceptions of the club and Adelaide would count against us here.

Has anyone ever thought about Simon Goodwin? There is a system of mentoring talent at that team based on bringing the best out of individuals. If you look at Nathan Basset's comments in the Fertilizer it is obvious he takes on this approach. I wouldn't be suprised if he got a look-in.

I mentioned Goodwin in another thread and frightened a couple of posters. :)

He seems to be strongly linked with a move to Victoria, St Kilda and essendon the destinations most expected. Essendon have to sort out a coach, while St Kilda have a finals series to get through.

Tredrea seems more interested in advancing his media gig at the moment, but who knows? Matty might ask.

Tredrea by his own admission is a lot more relaxed these days. I think he'd be good coaching material, but again has said he wants to concentrate on media. Still, it's a fertile learning ground too.

I saw Jenny drive out of the club yesterday, her hair is awesome, like a massive palm tree at the wheel of a rav 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will probably get Josh Carr in as a runner

Matty will certainly need to replace himself as Midfield & Ruck Coach. There were rumours that Port spoke to Craig Bradley during this process and it's common knowledge that Lade's family is not happy in Melbourne and are putting a lot of pressure on Brendon to move back to Adelaide. If any of the above is true, I would welcome Ladey as ruck coach and Braddles as midfield coach. I would try to replace Cripps and Kingsley with Tredders and Bassett respectively.

Would love to get Monty back!

Monty (out of contract, realistic), Lade (one year to go on his contract = compo to Richmond = unrealistic) and Bradley (ensconced in Melbourne/Carlton, unrealistic) would be quite the dream team. I'd say Tredders as forward coach for the icing on the cake but having some long-awaited time away from the club and his desire for a fulltime media career means that's a fair way off if ever.

Forward - Jason Cripps - He has been able to get the forward line to be very efficient. It is not his fault tha the midfield has been slow brining the ball forward at times.

this is true

when i read your post i thought it was a comedy post, as in

Coach of the Womens Protectino Shelter- Nathan Bock
Coach of the Fedelity society- Wayne Carey
Ruck Coach- Tony Liberatore

thakt kind of true

the others sound okay

but cripps? you must be related or something. our F line is disfunctional and has been for 5 years. we kick low scores. we bite

he is one like kingsley who has to go

Monty (out of contract, realistic), Lade (one year to go on his contract = compo to Richmond = unrealistic) and Bradley (ensconced in Melbourne/Carlton, unrealistic) would be quite the dream team. I'd say Tredders as forward coach for the icing on the cake but having some long-awaited time away from the club and his desire for a fulltime media career means that's a fair way off if ever.
Monty to replace Kingsley as backline coach would be a good replacement. Retain Hocking. Perhaps retain Cripps. Then only have to replace Laidley.

Monty to replace Kingsley as backline coach would be a good replacement. Retain Hocking. Perhaps retain Cripps. Then only have to replace Laidley.

...and Primus.

Having had to endure the antics of Hawk Board denizens over the Burgoyne trade, you'll excuse me if I don't find their opinion a recommendation.

And a forward line that boasts Franklin, Roughead, Rioli and Lewis and Burgoyne occasionally is only dysfunctional because of form, attitude and injury.

Barker might be a crappy coach for all I know, certainly not recommending him, but it's worth looking at all options out there and assessing them on actual merit.

After all, Cripps has been lambasted mercilessly here for years, and yet when Williams leaves, under Primus we suddenly have a forward line with tall marking targets, crumbers and direct entry. Suddenly we look like we can kick goals again and win some games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Building Matty's support Staff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back