Review Bulldogs secure 6th place with a huge win against the Plastics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jones' tackle was a single motion, no sling. The AFL want you to pin one arm, then if you don't drop it it's holding the ball. Surely Cadman is expected to drop the ball and protect his fall. Otherwise the AFL is just encouraging you to play for a free and put your head in danger.
If he gets a week we will appeal and Bevo will get very very vocal.

Dogs: great win, make finals
Fox: but what if we immediately cut away to Carlton running though the banner
Did the exact same thing yesterday after the hawks game. Wanted to see Shiels get chaired off instead we got to see Richmond run through the banner

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Jones only had one arm in the tackle - cadman was awkward

I think an important part of any case will be that Jones other hand was really only on his hip, not even grabbing his jumper to drag him down. It was 1 arm + the momentum.

Whilst it looked similar to what Ash was suspended & appeal failed on, he had basically both arms pinned on Young by the end of the tackle. The head contact to the ground was worse and it also happened not long before half time, so who knows if Young had a HIA during the break (I’d say it was very likely).

Cadman got straight up & wasn’t affected, didn’t go off for a HIA.

A fine at most.

A little perplexed at the G is not our home ground so should play at Marvel vibe.

It's the G! And it's a final. Every day of the week I'd choose the G over Marvel, as a spectator and a player (if I was one).
I think plenty of us are of the same mind but it is absurd that we 'win' the right to host a final and we are forced to play it at the other teams home ground.

Rubbish, lazy reporting trying to compare the Ash full blown sling where Young smashed his head in the turf v. the Jones/Cadman incident.

It's the AFL media. By sunset they'll have Jones in the stocks and then we'll have to endure the sweeping grandiose take your hand off it editorials for the next 24 hours by these hacks who love this s***

I think an important part of any case will be that Jones other hand was really only on his hip, not even grabbing his jumper to drag him down. It was 1 arm + the momentum.

Whilst it looked similar to what Ash was suspended & appeal failed on, he had basically both arms pinned on Young by the end of the tackle. The head contact to the ground was worse and it also happened not long before half time, so who knows if Young had a HIA during the break (I’d say it was very likely).

Cadman got straight up & wasn’t affected, didn’t go off for a HIA.

A fine at most.
Should have been HTB. Cadman is meant to attempt to dispose or drop the ball immediately but instead he holds onto it with everything he’s got.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macrae and Daniel showed why they are still so valuable in clutch games.
Libba was amazing.
Very good game from English.
I love Freijah ❤️

Hope Naughty’s knee is ok.
Hope Jones doesn’t get suspended.
Hope Treloar’s calf holds up.

Full-strength GWS will be harder to beat.

Keep up this pressure and we can beat anyone. 😀

A little perplexed at the G is not our home ground so should play at Marvel vibe.

It's the G! And it's a final. Every day of the week I'd choose the G over Marvel, as a spectator and a player (if I was one).

The G is however the Hawks home ground so it is legit bullshit that they get a home final despite finishing lower.

Last edited:

We can play more important games at the G later..... playing at the oppositions home reduces our chances

Conversely, I’m perplexed at this notion that we should want to play at the G. We played 12 games at Marvel and only 2 at the G - this year and most years.
All I care about is winning. Couldn’t give a toss about the spectacle of playing a final there. If we finish above our opposition we should be afforded a rightful advantage. I wouldn’t be so strongly against it if we were playing a neutral opponent but being forced to play Hawks at their home ground is a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Bulldogs secure 6th place with a huge win against the Plastics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back