Bulldogs trade week:

Remove this Banner Ad

As I said in my thread, I think they'll try very hard to get Barry Hall.

Why would the doggies chase an over the hill forward to plug a hole for a year before he retires.

They would be better going for James Podsiadly.

They would not have to give up anything for it, but they would have to give up something to get Barry Hall.

He has a good 5 years ahead of him, is a great mark, 60m kick, and can move. Not many forwards win Liston Medals. He did it. Kicked 8 in a final and 5 in the prelim. Can play.

Why would the doggies chase an over the hill forward to plug a hole for a year before he retires.

They would not have to give up anything for it, but they would have to give up something to get Barry Hall.

He has a good 5 years ahead of him, is a great mark, 60m kick, and can move. Not many forwards win Liston Medals. He did it. Kicked 8 in a final and 5 in the prelim. Can play.

A great VFL player. Thats all.

He trained with us in the 2006 pre season. Theres a reason why he wasnt picked up. A good VFL player but that is all.

You need to look at:

Kosi - St Kilda
Fisher - Carlton
Hall - Sydney
Thompson - Kangaroos

You need to check out the VFL SANFL and WAFL to see what surprise packets you can give a go.

Kosi has question marks of course but may need just a fresh start.

Fisher has high work rate, presents well, marks above his heigh solidly but you must ascertain if his kicking can be worked at, as conversion from set shots is lacking.

Hall - imediate prescence - obvious area to consider is above the shoulders

Thompson - nothing to lose, may offer something that allows others to take a step forward.

:thumbsu: I agree.....yes he is a touch slow and maybe 2 or 3 years ago we thought Walsh or Tiller or someone would come though as a forward, but they haven't and I think for what he'd cost it would be well worth a punt......sooner Pod's than Thompson!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs premiership window is probably open for the next 2 years before johnson, aker, ect retire, Hall is only required for a few years and could be the differnce between a flag or more lost oppurtunities. Having said that i hope hall stays where he is.

Dogs premiership window is probably open for the next 2 years before johnson, aker, ect retire, Hall is only required for a few years and could be the differnce between a flag or more lost oppurtunities. Having said that i hope hall stays where he is.

Those two will retire after next season. I dont think two players retiring will shut our window, we have a pretty good squad at the moment and should be able to cover them. All we need is a key forward and i doubt we will win a flag next year without one.

You need to look at:

Kosi - St Kilda
Fisher - Carlton
Hall - Sydney
Thompson - Kangaroos

You need to check out the VFL SANFL and WAFL to see what surprise packets you can give a go.

Kosi has question marks of course but may need just a fresh start.

Fisher has high work rate, presents well, marks above his heigh solidly but you must ascertain if his kicking can be worked at, as conversion from set shots is lacking.

Hall - imediate prescence - obvious area to consider is above the shoulders

Thompson - nothing to lose, may offer something that allows others to take a step forward.
You may find one of those swimming our way :cool:

Our nucleus is 27 and under (with a large chunk still under 23) - we've lost 1,500 games of experience in the last 2 years and we have improved significantly since then. Contrary to popular opinion, the sky hasn't fallen since we lost Smith, Darcy, Grant and West, and neither will it when we lose Johnson and Aker.

We need a deep forward capable of taking a contested mark and kicking 60+ goals a season. We have key forward prospects developing in the 2nds but who won't be ready until 2010. Hall represents the best fit for our immediate needs - everyone else suggested are either spuds or lead-up forwards (which we already have in abundance). I'd be very happy to get him provided the cost is reasonable. I would rather get a 31yo who is still close to the top of his game and who fulfils our exact needs rather than a 24yo tall of average quality who cannot come close to fulfilling our need for a contested marking goal-kicker. Examples of the latter include all of Hansen, Boyle, Campbell and any other spud who cannot even get a regular senior AFL game, let alone consistently take a contested mark and kick goals when in the seniors.

you make some valid points, hansen would be a waste campbell has 2 many ??? about him but boyle could be very good. was in hawthorns best 22 at times during the past 24 months injury has cost him a premiership medal, another to consider would be thorpe from the hawks. he is ready to step into the afl and play a key role, with buddy and roughy so young limited oppurtunities will be available if he stays at hawthorn, id be moving heaven and earth to get him down to barkley st.

I think the dogs have to go all out and trade for 2 to 3 tall forwards. Lose no great players and get 3 0f Hall, Thompson, Boyle, Koschitzke, Hansen, Jones (North) and Dowler. A mixture of tall marking and leading forwards.
1 player will not do it, 2 to 3 will. Window is open.

I think the dogs have to go all out and trade for 2 to 3 tall forwards. Lose no great players and get 3 0f Hall, Thompson, Boyle, Koschitzke, Hansen, Jones (North) and Dowler. A mixture of tall marking and leading forwards.
1 player will not do it, 2 to 3 will. Window is open.

got to remember that first round pick will be out of the question though, due to the imminent pick up of Ayce Cordy, which you CANNOT miss out on. you will have to use ur first pick as there are clubs out there whol will nominate him as their first pick.

i think thompson from north could be for nothing in the preseason draft and one other for a harbrow/addison/ + 2nd/3rd round pick should get the job done. one power forward and one lead up foward which still leaves room for another tall to blood each week, wether that be cordy grant or bouman...

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs trade week:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back