Bulldogs trade week:

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but Ray could get you a Hansen, 2nd round pick could get a Boyle and a Thompson could slip to the pre-season draft.

Theres nothing out there for the dogs. Hall, Kosi? These type of players wont take the dogs to a Premiership. Boyle, Fisher are only lead up third talls. Dont the dogs have an abundance of lead up targets?

And for the poster who said Thorp. He wont be going anywhere, unless the dogs are prepared throw up Higgins/Griffin? Thought not.

The dogs need to keep drafting and stick to youth. None of this quikc fix BS. I honestly Believe the doggies window will open when Acker/ Jono retire.

Dogs will have a side capable of challenging in 2-3 years.

yeah but ray has publicly said he wants to stay in melbourne
When did he say that? I have seen his manager say WC and Freo would be the first clubs they would talk to. He did say that Ray wouldn't mind staying in Melbourne, though I haven't heard anyone say he would prefer to stay in Melbourne. Though I may have missed it.

We're not just looking at forwards, also chasing an established ruckman as a first priority. Aker spilt the beans again, Eade rates ruckman and both Geelong & Hawthorn beat us in the middle during the finals series.

Theres nothing out there for the dogs. Hall, Kosi? These type of players wont take the dogs to a Premiership. Boyle, Fisher are only lead up third talls. Dont the dogs have an abundance of lead up targets?

And for the poster who said Thorp. He wont be going anywhere, unless the dogs are prepared throw up Higgins/Griffin? Thought not.

The dogs need to keep drafting and stick to youth. None of this quikc fix BS. I honestly Believe the doggies window will open when Acker/ Jono retire.

Dogs will have a side capable of challenging in 2-3 years.
We have drafted plenty of youth but we do not have an influential key marking forward ATM, period. Do we just write off 2009 and possibly 2010 as well? We had more inside 50 entries in the prelim against Geelong than you guys did against them in the GF - the glaring area of structural weakness that prevented us from making the GF was the lack of a key forward target.

Our most influential players are all 27 and under - coincidentally the younger brigade were our best players during the finals. We are not hanging onto the top 4 by a thread. Canny trading and recruiting of recycled players involves addressing structural weaknesses with the player that best addresses those needs (and then subsequently not pay overs for them). Croad, Gilham, Guerra and Dew ring any bells? Plenty of recycled talent in all of the previous 8 premiership winners.

The window certainly won't be closing when Johnno and Aker retire, but it is open now. As much potential as Grant and Boumann have, they are not going to regularly influence matches until 2010 at the earliest.

I think the dogs have to go all out and trade for 2 to 3 tall forwards. Lose no great players and get 3 0f Hall, Thompson, Boyle, Koschitzke, Hansen, Jones (North) and Dowler. A mixture of tall marking and leading forwards.
1 player will not do it, 2 to 3 will. Window is open.

An improvement across the baord is what is required. We need our midfield to be consistantly excellent, we need another big body down back (which we have if williams can bloody avoid injury), and we need a big body up forward, whiuch we dont have. I mean obviously we have, but not premiership quality.

Of all these areas, the midfield is most important. You can rabbit on about needing power forwards, but that is icing on the cake, if you cant win the ball and deliver to advantage up forward, it doesnt matter how good they are up there.

In my opinion, we will contest a premiership when eagleton and ray are pushed out of the midfield by Higgins, Hill and Ward, and when Williams can play every game. Having Barry Hall at FF would obviously be great, but its not the difference in itself.

We're not just looking at forwards, also chasing an established ruckman as a first priority. Aker spilt the beans again, Eade rates ruckman and both Geelong & Hawthorn beat us in the middle during the finals series.

Hudson was injured. He was great for 2/3rds of the season.

But maybe he is permantly broken? Someone mentioned back problems...

When did he say that? I have seen his manager say WC and Freo would be the first clubs they would talk to. He did say that Ray wouldn't mind staying in Melbourne, though I haven't heard anyone say he would prefer to stay in Melbourne. Though I may have missed it.

You did miss it, there was an article.

We have drafted plenty of youth but we do not have an influential key marking forward ATM, period. Do we just write off 2009 and possibly 2010 as well? We had more inside 50 entries in the prelim against Geelong than you guys did against them in the GF - the glaring area of structural weakness that prevented us from making the GF was the lack of a key forward target.

Our most influential players are all 27 and under
- coincidentally the younger brigade were our best players during the finals. We are not hanging onto the top 4 by a thread. Canny trading and recruiting of recycled players involves addressing structural weaknesses with the player that best addresses those needs (and then subsequently not pay overs for them). Croad, Gilham, Guerra and Dew ring any bells? Plenty of recycled talent in all of the previous 8 premiership winners.

The window certainly won't be closing when Johnno and Aker retire, but it is open now. As much potential as Grant and Boumann have, they are not going to regularly influence matches until 2010 at the earliest.

You also missed a lot of piss easy shots at goal :eek:

Yes you have drafted youth, well done. I never said you did not. Grant should be a player in time. Like you said, wont impact anytime soon. So do you trade for players like Hall, Thompson while Bouman, Grant, Cordy come through? Or keep drafting to build with these players?

Your most ''influential'' players are capable of playing for another 3-5 years so you have plenty of time to build a great side rather than a good side. Bulldogs have the nucleus/core group to do this to do this.

Croad was apart of Schwabs era. He was far from recycled :eek: Guerra and Gilham where both young and part of Clarksons building model over 4-5 years. Not a 2-3 year quick fix. Dew was brought into the club to play finals (and boy did he :D). He came into the side when our model was almost complete. The bulldogs however have ''glaring'' structral problems up front. No shyt. So rather than a quick fix, why not do the smart thing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tall forwards that should be targeted by the doggies.

Hall (swans)
KOZ (STK)
Fisher (Carlton)
N.Thompson (kang) - free
S.Rusling (Coll)
A.Hansen (WCE)
A.Campbell (freo)

Rucks:
target J.White (melb) and draft A.Cordy who is half KPF/Ruck

If i was the buldogs list manager i would be trying to get some of these old boys over to my side as they are going to cost nothing and could give you a big chance at the 09 premiership. N.Thompson and J.White could be taken in the pre season draft for free. Rusling and A.Campbell should be your main focus though as they are yound and full of talent.

Ken McGregor's wife doesn't even want any Ken McGregor action.

:D:thumbsu:

Adam Campbell would be a good fit at the Bulldogs. Showed some good form at the end of the year, still has a lot of upside and reportedly wants out at Freo.

Tall forwards that should be targeted by the doggies.

Hall (swans)
KOZ (STK)
Fisher (Carlton)
N.Thompson (kang) - free
S.Rusling (Coll)
A.Hansen (WCE)
A.Campbell (freo)

Rucks:
target J.White (melb) and draft A.Cordy who is half KPF/Ruck

Hall - maybe - if the price is Ok.
Koz - NO
Fisher - maybe - if the price is Ok.
Thompson - NO
Rusling - NO - Injured
Hansen - ??
Campbell - Maybe - if his attitude and work ethic is up to standard
White - NO - Couldn't get a game at Melbourne FFS....

So there are only 3 or 4 at best there who may be of interest to us.

T.Callan - Morris - Hargrave

Gilbee - Lake - Griffen

Gianciracusa - Cross - Higgins

M.Hahn - A.Campbell - R.Murphy

B.Johnson - W.Minson/N.Thompson/Rusling - Akermanis

J.White - Boyd - Cooney

J.Hill, B.Hudson, Eagleton, (pick 14)

If i were you guys i wouldnt be saying no to any of those players accept probably N.Thompson and Fisher. That side looks alot better with the additions of Campbell, J.White which i think should be highly targeted by the doggies and then maybe sit W.Minson in the goal square or they could target Rusling or get Thompson for free in the pre season draft.

where did J.Grant go??

Hudson performed far better than White this season, so no thanks there.

Rusling has two consistently injured shoulders, from what we hear from Pie's fans.

Campbell could be of interest, Thompson no thanks.

I clearly disagree J.White averaged 5 hitouts more a game and averaged over 6 marks a game whilst averagin an impressive 19 posses a game. Im only trying to help and J.White could give you that spark in the middle next year. They stopped giving him games simply to help further the develoment of the younger ruckmen at melbourne. N.Thompson kicked 30 goals this season in 15 games and averaged 3 shots at goal a game and if he can be obtained for free then he must be worth looking at.

I clearly disagree J.White averaged 5 hitouts more a game and averaged over 6 marks a game whilst averagin an impressive 19 posses a game. Im only trying to help and J.White could give you that spark in the middle next year. They stopped giving him games simply to help further the develoment of the younger ruckmen at melbourne. N.Thompson kicked 30 goals this season in 15 games and averaged 3 shots at goal a game and if he can be obtained for free then he must be worth looking at.

I really can't comment much on White because i never paid attention, but what i did see of him didn't look great. I think he was getting a fair few cheap possessions. I'd still rather Hudson who goes in harder doesn't pick up a lot of possessions and hitouts but makes up for it on the deck.

Thompson is worth a look at but probably no unless he passes all tests. I can't see it happening though

T.Callan - Morris - Hargrave

Gilbee - Lake - Griffen

Gianciracusa - Cross - Higgins

M.Hahn - A.Campbell - R.Murphy

B.Johnson - W.Minson/N.Thompson/Rusling - Akermanis

J.White - Boyd - Cooney

J.Hill, B.Hudson, Eagleton, (pick 14)

If i were you guys i wouldnt be saying no to any of those players accept probably N.Thompson and Fisher. That side looks alot better with the additions of Campbell, J.White which i think should be highly targeted by the doggies and then maybe sit W.Minson in the goal square or they could target Rusling or get Thompson for free in the pre season draft.

where did J.Grant go??

where did T.Williams go??

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs trade week:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back