General Bombers Talk Buy/swap/sell Essendon memorabilia, games, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Got off though. And had the match been played when it should have, instead of being moved forward to before the start of the season proper, he may well have been beaten by Michael Roach who was also reported in Round 3.

Who were the only two players suspended for the offence (in the same round too!)?

guys

i am looking for a few old essendon preseason games 1989-1994, to add to my collection, wondering if anyone can assist me with any of these games:

1989 v brisbane at vfl park
1992 v sydney at vfl park
1993 v brisbane at kardinia park
1994 v brisbane at vfl park

i have tried name a game/sports delivered, the clubs, and ch 7 who televised the games.

Can anyone on here possibly assist me with any of these?

thank you

Guys

At the end of season 1986, a company called ProFootball released 5 3 hour videotapes, of season highlights, on a round by round basis, on the 5 finalists of season 86, Hawthorn, Carlton, Fitzroy, Sydney and Essendon.

I have the first 4 tapes, and i am still looking for the Essendon tape.

This cannot be bought commercially anywhere, so i am trying to find someone who may have it from way back when.

If anyone can assist me, i would really love to hear from you

thank you

I used to edit archive footage for Steve Phillips (yes that ex TV guy).
He used to have a business putting together video packages.
If anyone has it, it would be him. Not sure how you'd get in contact with him, perhaps through his linkedin page (you'd have to pay him).
Although I heard through the grapevine that he's retired and has brain cancer :(

This probably doesn't help but there you go.

I used to edit archive footage for Steve Phillips (yes that ex TV guy).
He used to have a business putting together video packages.
If anyone has it, it would be him. Not sure how you'd get in contact with him, perhaps through his linkedin page (you'd have to pay him).
Although I heard through the grapevine that he's retired and has brain cancer :(

This probably doesn't help but there you go.

What the hell is going on here? DapperDon

I doubt you'll have to, it's just funny that you've chosen that one :)

Cool well I look forward to some discussion after lurking for ages :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i am looking for old copies of the publication Footy Week 1987.

happy to pay a reasonable price for old copies if anyone can assist me at all.

Hey guys, not sure where to post this.

From time to time people ask where in Sydney they can watch the footy. The suggestions are always the Courthouse in Newtown and the Alexandria Hotel.

Well the Alexandria Hotel in Sydney is proposed for demolition.

Besides the SCG the Alex is the best place to watch footy in Sydney (yes better than ANZ).

If you love your footy and love watching it at the pub can I suggest you write a quick objection email to the Council against the demolition. You could also suggest heritage listing.

Emails should be sent to: dasubmissions@cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au

You need to include this reference number in the subject title:
D/2015/772

More details here:

http://development.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/DAsOnExhibition/details.asp?tpk=1204858

And here:
http://savethealexpub.tumblr.com/

The tumblr link is a good resource for writing a more detailed objection.

Mods, feel free to move.

Last edited:
Hey guys, not sure where to post this.

From time to time people ask where in Sydney they can watch the footy. The suggestions are always the Courthouse in Newtown and the Alexandria Hotel.

Well the Alexandria Hotel in Sydney is proposed for demolition.

Besides the SCG the Alex is the best place to watch footy in Sydney (yes better than ANZ).

If you love your footy and love watching it at the pub can I suggest you write a quick objection email to the Council against the demolition. You could also suggest heritage listing.

Emails should be sent to: dasubmissions@cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au

You need to include this reference number in the subject title:
D/2015/772

More details here:

http://development.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/DAsOnExhibition/details.asp?tpk=1204858

And here:
http://savethealexpub.tumblr.com/

The tumblr link is a good resource for writing a more detailed objection.

Mods, feel free to move.
The Alexandria Hotel: seen here and millions of other TV shows and commercials:

Guys

I am looking fora copy on dvd, of the blackout game v st kilda from vfl park in 1996. I have the conclusion to it, but not the game itself.

Can anyone on here assist me at all???

apparently name a game/sports delivered cant help me with it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

thank you

Guys

I am looking fora copy on dvd, of the blackout game v st kilda from vfl park in 1996. I have the conclusion to it, but not the game itself.

Can anyone on here assist me at all???

apparently name a game/sports delivered cant help me with it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

thank you

I was there, and this was a pretty good approximation of what went on:

Guys

I have a lot of old Essendon home and away games on dvd for the era of 1986-1992, in either replay, or in full, however, i am looking to upgrade my replay games to full games.

If anyone on here has any old Essendon games in full, and is interested in swapping games, then please let me know.

thank you

Guys

I am a vfl/afl video collector, trying to collect every single televised home and away game, for all teams, for the era of 1982-1992.

Currently, i am trying to upgrade a lot of the games from 1991-1992 from replays, to full games, and am looking for a couple of Essendon games in full 1991-1992 as follows:

1991 r15 v Footscray at western oval
1991 r20 v sydney at windy hill
1992 r4 v collingwood at vfl park
1992 r12 v richmond at mcg
1992 r16 v st kilda at mcg

Please note that none of these games are available to be purchased from name a game/sports delivered.

Any assistance here is greatly appreciated

thank you

Guys

I am currently trying to assist a fellow collector, he is trying to collect every single home and away game for season 1996 - all 176 of them.

He needs just 30 more to go, including the following 5 Essendon games as follows:

r1 v Richmond
r2 v Carlton
r8 v Footscray
r11 v Fremantle
r22 v Footscray

Would anyone on here be able to assist with any of these games at all?

Please pm me if you think you can help.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

Thank You

Remove this Banner Ad

Back