Bye Bye Dyson

Remove this Banner Ad

You obviously didnt read who posted that garbage. No essendon supporter. A geelong handbag.

Ok, my bad. My point still stands tho. There have been a lot of posts over the last 24 hours crucifying many Essendon players. I just don't see the point. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i understand that, it just irks me a little. I was there when Paul Salmon was booed off by his own supporters and it has stuck with me from that day on. By all means have a vent, but try and do it constructively.

big diff is that salmon was an essendon champion. bradley, bolton, dyson no champions.

You make a good point, but they still pull on the red and black and as such should be awarded a bit of respect by their own teams supporters. By all means people are expressing valid opinions, i just don't like it too much when people go a bit feral at players on their own side.
And of those three, bolton is the only one above 23, so there is hope that the other two may have improvement in them. There's no point submitting them to the firing squad after five rounds. Lets see how they're going after round 22.

Ok, my bad. My point still stands tho. There have been a lot of posts over the last 24 hours crucifying many Essendon players. I just don't see the point. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i understand that, it just irks me a little. I was there when Paul Salmon was booed off by his own supporters and it has stuck with me from that day on. By all means have a vent, but try and do it constructively.

Good point:thumbsu:
I belive Dyson will be gone at the end of the year but i am not calling him a crap player. he has the skills but he just does not seem to be mentally able to get into the game and stamp himself on it. I just think he will find himself behind several of the younger players buy the end of the season unless he really jumps up and does something soon.

I think if Ricky does get a spell at Bendigo that he needs a solid month of good form to get his confidence up and bring it to senior level.

Not brought in after 1 or 2 decent vfl games to the seniors like he seems to have in the last year or 2.

We would be mad getting rid of Dyson, he wasn't that bad and when he got the ball he set up players. My concern is he doesn't seem as quick as last year has he put on some upper body weight?

He can hurt sides moreso then most others in our side and seems to always choose a good option to kick to and executes it well. Play him next week.

Ricky's problem is that he is too passive. He tends to let the game come to him rather than taking the game on.

2 things would help his game instantly.

1. Run hard and demand the footy from your teammates, give them no option but to give you the footy(study Brent Stanton)

2. When you recieve the footy then dont cruise, put on those jets we know you have and torch th grass(study Alwyn Davey)

Ricky's problems are between the ears and he'll need to rectify them before Nash, dempsey and co get fit and in form.

In saying all this though he was far from our worst today.

Well said - that pretty much sums up Dyson. Good football ability, but doesnt take on the game often enough. Has great run, carry and deliver aspects to his game and we have enough inside players like JJ, Pev, Hird and Hislop/Lonergan......no problems with having a couple of outside players.

Spoke to Winder yesterday.. Top bloke.. Hope he is back next week.. Dyson will be traded at the end of the year i reckon.. Spoke to Hille too.. Said he has a chesty hamstring lol...

Funny post.

Did Winders and Hille both expect to play next week.

Funny Hille cops a bit here and there but seeing Laycock in action/on the field you appreciate that Hille goes alright.

Funny post.

Did Winders and Hille both expect to play next week.

Funny Hille cops a bit here and there but seeing Laycock in action/on the field you appreciate that Hille goes alright.

Winders I dont think said when.... Hille said he prob would have played if it wasn't a short break but didn't want to do any further damage to his hamstring I mean chest ;)

Ricky Dyson had 10 touches in 55% match time. That translates to around 18 touches in the game, if he played all of the game. How can it be said that he has been given a fair chance. He had more inside 50's than anyone for Essendon except Stanton and Davey. He had 80% effectiveness rating, better than Hird, Stanton, Monfries, McPhee, Lloyd, Lucas, Watson, Ryder, Laycock, MJ and Bradley. That is half of the team FFS. And for those who say he is soft, Only Davey and Lovett had more tackles than him. Fair go please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winders I dont think said when.... Hille said he prob would have played if it wasn't a short break but didn't want to do any further damage to his hamstring I mean chest ;)

Winder said hopefully against Hawthorn, i asked dad if he remembered what he said...

Ricky Dyson had 10 touches in 55% match time. That translates to around 18 touches in the game, if he played all of the game. How can it be said that he has been given a fair chance. He had more inside 50's than anyone for Essendon except Stanton and Davey. He had 80% effectiveness rating, better than Hird, Stanton, Monfries, McPhee, Lloyd, Lucas, Watson, Ryder, Laycock, MJ and Bradley. That is half of the team FFS. And for those who say he is soft, Only Davey and Lovett had more tackles than him. Fair go please.

And his games in season's gone past??

And his games in season's gone past??
Geez, how am I meant to know, I only had today's paper :p.
Anyway, my point is people are crucifying Dyson on his performance this week in particular just because we lost. He did better than many other players. If JJ and Winders come in, i don't see any option but to drop him, but delisting him is going too far. He needs a good run in the seniors this season. Start him in the middle and give him 80-90% game time for 3 games. If we don't give him enough game time in the games he plays, how will we ever know if he is good enough. If Judd only played half games all the time, he might get 15 touches. People would see that as 15 touches in a whole game, not half. I'm not saying that Dyson is as good as Judd, but I hope my point comes across.

Anyway, my point is people are crucifying Dyson on his performance this week in particular just because we lost. He did better than many other players. If JJ and Winders come in, i don't see any option but to drop him, but delisting him is going too far. He needs a good run in the seniors this season. Start him in the middle and give him 80-90% game time for 3 games. If we don't give him enough game time in the games he plays, how will we ever know if he is good enough. If Judd only played half games all the time, he might get 15 touches. People would see that as 15 touches in a whole game, not half. I'm not saying that Dyson is as good as Judd, but I hope my point comes across.

Good point - the only thing with Dyson (and Winderlich) is that they suffer the "white line itis"....that is that so much of the game now is played above the shoulders. They need to have a stronger and more more positive focus on taking the game on and Dyson needs to be less timid.

He's on his final chance, mate. We have some great young talent coming through, which as suggested earlier...if they show good solid improvement, could spell the end for Dyson's career at Essendon.

He's on his final chance, mate. We have some great young talent coming through, which as suggested earlier...if they show good solid improvement, could spell the end for Dyson's career at Essendon.

Yesterdays game did that.

Lonergan, Hislop, Dempsey, Nash, Cole, Houli should all get a gig before him now.

Only way back into the side if he gets 30+ possies and kicks 5 goals at VFL level for a few weeks in a row.

Im surprised a Geelong fan would say this about Dyson given they have a certain Kane Tenace on their list. ;)

Yeah and he got dropped last weekend and got 47 touches. Essendon have a lot of quality players, and are performing better than many expected this year, however Dyson doesn't have the 'touch' or smarts needed for afl when he is a smallish type player. In fact, either does Tenace.

Obviously Dyson isn't in your best 22 and if winders, jetta and a few others played he would be out, but in the end - He has a DOG of a game, and this will be his last season of afl footy.

Ricky's problem is that he is too passive. He tends to let the game come to him rather than taking the game on.

2 things would help his game instantly.

1. Run hard and demand the footy from your teammates, give them no option but to give you the footy(study Brent Stanton)

2. When you recieve the footy then dont cruise, put on those jets we know you have and torch th grass(study Alwyn Davey)

Ricky's problems are between the ears and he'll need to rectify them before Nash, dempsey and co get fit and in form.

In saying all this though he was far from our worst today.

Good suggestions. And he should study them between games, rather than during. Ricky has a bad habit of watching the game rather than playing it. As much as we want him to succeed, he just doesn't seem to get involved enough.

Dyson, Slattery, Bolts, Laycock and Johns (except for his 2 goals) were rarely sighted. Mark Johnson has looked tired all year. Watson and Bradley used the ball disgracefully. Lucas was well beaten. Players like Gus and Lovett, weren't bad, but are capable of more. Ryder was moved away from the position he's been relishing. It's hard to win with so many below their best, but it's players like Ricky (in his 4th season) that should be making the biggest strides forward.

By the way marcuz, are you willing to concede that Stanton is better than Dyson yet?

By the way marcuz, are you willing to concede that Stanton is better than Dyson yet?

Stanton at present is a much better footballer.

If ricky had half of brent's workrate then he'd be awesome, and that's whats so bloody frustrating at the minute. I hate seeing kids piss away talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bye Bye Dyson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back