Bye Bye Dyson

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure there was one in the 2nd qtr, southern side wing. He drilled it down John's throat. The reason i know the one im thinking of wasnt in the last qtr is because I haven't actually seen the last qtr of the game.

Quick look at Bomber TV - it was actually in the 1st quarter! But he also delivered to Johns in the last....

Well it must be the first tr 1 i was thinkin of. Anyway, that is 2 score assists either way. So my point it Dyson is good enough to be able to hit players on the lead, he just needs to get his head around some pressure situations, and I think he is capable of doing that.

It's not his skill or his pace - he just simply disappears from games far too easily. Is it due to workrate - dunno - but he had a stack of possies early on and was running -then he is near unsighted for the rest of the game -and he had some friends in that department.

Well it must be the first tr 1 i was thinkin of. Anyway, that is 2 score assists either way. So my point it Dyson is good enough to be able to hit players on the lead, he just needs to get his head around some pressure situations, and I think he is capable of doing that.
WOW, 2 score assists, he does a few good things in a game, hooray for him. If he used it well for the rest of the game instead this inconsistant c**p he'd be a good player, but he doesn't! He been on the list for years now and hasn't really done much, he's shows potential, but when your in your 4th year and you havn't really done anything but show "potential", then it's time to let some other young youth have a chance.
Iv'e seen great potential in him and but he just hasn't come through. I hope he can quickly make something happen before it's too late because I think he has the potential to be a very good player, but time's running out.

It's not his skill or his pace - he just simply disappears from games far too easily. Is it due to workrate - dunno - but he had a stack of possies early on and was running -then he is near unsighted for the rest of the game -and he had some friends in that department.
It is due to being benched. Why bench a player that is playing good at the start of the game when we are on top.

It is due to being benched. Why bench a player that is playing good at the start of the game when we are on top.

Its all i here ,bench,bench,bench.
Please do tell how the Eagles,Hawks,Bulldogs and others can have players run off the bench make an impact and go off but Dyson cant. The bench is a cop out. He is simply too indicisive and cant grasp the oppertunity when he gets a chance.

Please do tell how the Eagles,Hawks,Bulldogs and others can have players run off the bench make an impact and go off but Dyson cant. The bench is a cop out. He is simply too indicisive and cant grasp the oppertunity when he gets a chance.
Well you are going to continue to hear it because it is the only excuse i can think of :p. He is the same as Bradley IMO. A good player with loads of talentbut just cant get his head right for AFL pressures. It will only come with confidence and I hope the coaching staff stick it out with him because he will be a good player by years end if they stick with him. This year is meant to be a development year for us, and Dyson, along with Winders, Johns, Watson and Monfries need to be developed further if we want to become a force in AFL again.

Well you are going to continue to hear it because it is the only excuse i can think of :p. He is the same as Bradley IMO. A good player with loads of talentbut just cant get his head right for AFL pressures. It will only come with confidence and I hope the coaching staff stick it out with him because he will be a good player by years end if they stick with him. This year is meant to be a development year for us, and Dyson, along with Winders, Johns, Watson and Monfries need to be developed further if we want to become a force in AFL again.

Dysons problem will be from the development of Lonergan,Houli,Hislop,Nash,Dempsey,Hocking,Jetta etc etc

I can think of another reason. He is a COWARD, simple as that. Yes there will be games where he gets a few kicks but it's the contests that he shirks or doesn't do the best in that bring him undone.

Sheedy hasn't had many cowards over the years get lots of games and Dyson will be no exeption.

:thumbsu:

I can think of another reason. He is a COWARD, simple as that. Yes there will be games where he gets a few kicks but it's the contests that he shirks or doesn't do the best in that bring him undone.

Sheedy hasn't had many cowards over the years get lots of games and Dyson will be no exeption.

Right there no 30, doesn't go to contests or make tackles, when he does it is lonie-esque. Our improvement this year has come from run and pressure, chasing and tackling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

watchin bendigo on the weekend, they seem to be trying dyson on a half back flank.
seem to give us a bit of run and his man didn't get a kick.

didnt get in the best but was easily one on the best for bendigo.

wonder what you think about the positional change, could be another andrew welsh and could save his career.

and just to finish if you think im talking crap read the herald sun on monday and geelongs 2's coach leigh tudor said bradely and dyson got plenty of it and played well.

I would suggest he has about 6 senior appearances to show something more than what he has to date, or he will join the long line of players that won't be there next year.

Thanks for the report pigmy

I would suggest he has about 6 senior appearances to show something more than what he has to date, or he will join the long line of players that won't be there next year.

Thanks for the report pigmy

That list is growing ever quickly at Essendon at the moment. Going on performances at senior level this year younger players like Dyson, Lee, Bradley, Johns, Nash, Heff and Laycock who have all been at the club over 3 years now will have show something. Bolton, Campo, Cole and MJ are all older player but are in the same boat

That list is growing ever quickly at Essendon at the moment. Going on performances at senior level this year younger players like Dyson, Lee, Bradley, Johns, Nash, Heff and Laycock who have all been at the club over 3 years now will have show something. Bolton, Campo, Cole and MJ are all older player but are in the same boat

True. Nash and Lee have been unlucky with injuries and haven't been able to show what they can do really, and I think both are regarded quite highly still. Nash is contracted for next year while I'm not 100% on Lee.

I don't think we'll see Heffernan, Campo or Bolton back with Hirdy and I'm not too confident on Dyson either, MJ night have to lift also.

True. Nash and Lee have been unlucky with injuries and haven't been able to show what they can do really, and I think both are regarded quite highly still. Nash is contracted for next year while I'm not 100% on Lee.

I don't think we'll see Heffernan, Campo or Bolton back with Hirdy and I'm not too confident on Dyson either, MJ night have to lift also.

I personally hope that Nash makes. His kicking could add something in a side where Stanton, Watson, Pev and JJ are close to Essendons 4 best midfielders and kicking is not the best. And be taller than MJ and McVeigh he could take over the role that Welsh played and have been an option to play on Dixon and Edwards in the last couple of weeks and free Ryder to play a more attacking role. Saying all of that if he can't get out on the field he is not much use to anyone.

As for Lee the only role he could probably play in the Essendon side is in defence and reading the reports from Bendigo this year it looks like Chartes has played alot better than him at this stage

I personally hope that Nash makes. His kicking could add something in a side where Stanton, Watson, Pev and JJ are close to Essendons 4 best midfielders and kicking is not the best. And be taller than MJ and McVeigh he could take over the role that Welsh played and have been an option to play on Dixon and Edwards in the last couple of weeks and free Ryder to play a more attacking role. Saying all of that if he can't get out on the field he is not much use to anyone.

As for Lee the only role he could probably play in the Essendon side is in defence and reading the reports from Bendigo this year it looks like Chartes has played alot better than him at this stage

I hope Nash makes it and I think he will, not sure if his injuries are recurring or if he's been unlucky, he can certainly add a lot and is definately worth keeping at, injuries or not.

I also like what I've seen of Chartres and should definately be considered for a promotion, they may wait till after next year though if they want to. We don't have many key defenders and Lee has shown a bit when he's healthy.

I hope Nash makes it and I think he will, not sure if his injuries are recurring or if he's been unlucky, he can certainly add a lot and is definately worth keeping at, injuries or not.

I also like what I've seen of Chartres and should definately be considered for a promotion, they may wait till after next year though if they want to. We don't have many key defenders and Lee has shown a bit when he's healthy.

I reakon Danny will be set for a senior spot in 08'. After a couple of years in the WAFL and playing VFL he should be able to handle AFL level next year

We might need him,Nash and Lee if a few of our defenders don't spark up this year.:eek:

watchin bendigo on the weekend, they seem to be trying dyson on a half back flank.
seem to give us a bit of run and his man didn't get a kick.

didnt get in the best but was easily one on the best for bendigo.

wonder what you think about the positional change, could be another andrew welsh and could save his career.

and just to finish if you think im talking crap read the herald sun on monday and geelongs 2's coach leigh tudor said bradely and dyson got plenty of it and played well.

Well.... he's got to do something quickly or his AFL career is gone. Not sure if it's going to work as I still have that Eddie Betts mark from last year ingrained in my head when Dyson winced out of the contest.

Still only got it 20 times and most quality HBF flankers these days get more numbers than that especially when it's at VFL level.

Good to see Bradley star in the VFL for two weeks in a row. Might have found his niche as a forward.

Well.... he's got to do something quickly or his AFL career is gone. Not sure if it's going to work as I still have that Eddie Betts mark from last year ingrained in my head when Dyson winced out of the contest.

Still only got it 20 times and most quality HBF flankers these days get more numbers than that especially when it's at VFL level.

Good to see Bradley star in the VFL for two weeks in a row. Might have found his niche as a forward.

Didnt play the whole game at half back ;)

Dyson is just another bomber that has given the supporters a bit of hope that he's going to be a good player but the fact of the matter is that he's going to be another dud just like many before him. Hopefully we get rid of him rather than drag him along for another 3/4 years like we in the past with such greats as bolton,Hennaman,lulich ect ect ect

Remove this Banner Ad

Bye Bye Dyson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back