Bye Bye Dyson

Remove this Banner Ad

Even mentioning Dyson in the same breath as those guys is a joke. He is much better than those guys, and many others (Danny McAlister anyone?) Give him time and he'll come through.

Trouble is he has had time but is about to be overtaken by a few younger blokes.

understand what your saying about hasnt made the most of his opportunities.
but have a look at the list.
a club only needs to get rid of 6 players at the end of the year.
and i think these guys should go before ricky dyson.
hird - retired
bolton - dud
cole - dud
camporeale - retired
nash - injury prone
neagle - injury prone

plus you have got remember for pick 44 dyson has done okay,
good luck to him and the bombers for 2007

hird - retired
bolton - dud
cole - dud
camporeale - retired
nash - injury prone
neagle - injury prone

We will need more than 6 spots, we have one rookie in Heath Hocking who we will likely promote to start with.
They wont get rid of Neagle just yet in fact you can take it as a fact that he is staying.;)
Nash is signed for next year.
You can add Dyson and Mark Johnson to your list to get your 6;)

hird - retired
bolton - dud
cole - dud
camporeale - retired
nash - injury prone
neagle - injury prone

There is absolutely NO WAY we will get rid of either of those 2 players

Don't worry about replacements for them, we have many.
Very easy to find 8-10 players to delist/trade.

Dyson is soft and has about 6 senior games to prove himself or he should be gone

Wouldn't surprise me if Courtney Johns has played his last game in the black and red... Ran around on the weekend doing nothing and looked completely lost and robotic when he went back. A true one trick pony that looks as though he just wont make the grade.
Trade him and get some more pace... Wouldn't you have loved to see Rodan running up forward and on ball with a pick 80+ last year.....

Wouldn't surprise me if Courtney Johns has played his last game in the black and red... Ran around on the weekend doing nothing and looked completely lost and robotic when he went back. A true one trick pony that looks as though he just wont make the grade.
Trade him and get some more pace... Wouldn't you have loved to see Rodan running up forward and on ball with a pick 80+ last year.....

nah johns will get another year i recon... and i dont mind that, i could see him turning into someone like barry hall, left the saints and tell me that was a good decision by the saints to let him go

nah johns will get another year i recon... and i dont mind that, i could see him turning into someone like barry hall, left the saints and tell me that was a good decision by the saints to let him go

Please lets not talk about B.Hall and C.Johns in the same sentence.

There are very few similarities between the 2.

B.Hall was a pretty good, if undisciplined player, before he left.

C.Johns has done nothing, and would attract very little trade interest imo.

Well you will be surprised as he wont be going anywhere this year.;)

your kidding yourself mate, johns is about 1/10th the player barry hall was at the saints, at the moment he is about 1/100th of the player, how many chances do we give this bloke? with lloyd in the side i just dont see a spot for him.

your kidding yourself mate, johns is about 1/10th the player barry hall was at the saints, at the moment he is about 1/100th of the player, how many chances do we give this bloke? with lloyd in the side i just dont see a spot for him.

Played under 20 games of senior footy and has only played 20 odd Bendigo games as well so he hasnt had a lot of chances ;)

Anyway some stats for you champ which you should always check before making statements ;)
Barry Halls first 20 games.
1-10 disp 1.1
2- 5 disp 0.0
3- 9 disp 1.0
4- 7 disp 0.2
5- 5 disp 0.0
6-7 disp 1.2
7-11 disp 2.1
8- 10 disp 0.2
9-8 disp 1.0
10-5 disp 2.1
11- 10 disp 0.2
12- 8 disp 2.1
13- 6 disp 0.0
14- 13 disp 2.2
15-9 disp 0.1
16-11 disp 1.0
17-8 disp 0.0
18-17 disp 3.1
19 2 disp 0.0
20-8 disp 1.0
In his next 11 games he only broke 10 disposals once and kicked a total of 5 goals.
So when you look at that i would say that Johns could be more than 1/10th of what Barry Hall was at the same stage ;)
Not saying that Johns will ever be close to Barry Hall but it makes interesting reading to see that Halls early out put was hardly greater than what Johns has done.It wasnt until his 4th season of regular footy that Hall began to deliver something and it took him around 40 odd games to do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hird - retired
bolton - dud
cole - dud
camporeale - retired
nash - injury prone
neagle - injury prone

Where have you heard that Camporeale is going to retire? Do you have inside info at Essendon that we dont.

For whats its worth, I believe Dyson will hold his spot on the Essendon list next year. He could become a very good player, similar to a Mark McVeigh type. Play in a back pocket/half back flank and hold his own against oppositions small forwards and slowly move into the midfield as his career progresses.

Played under 20 games of senior footy and has only played 20 odd Bendigo games as well so he hasnt had a lot of chances ;)

Anyway some stats for you champ which you should always check before making statements ;)
Barry Halls first 20 games.
1-10 disp 1.1
2- 5 disp 0.0
3- 9 disp 1.0
4- 7 disp 0.2
5- 5 disp 0.0
6-7 disp 1.2
7-11 disp 2.1
8- 10 disp 0.2
9-8 disp 1.0
10-5 disp 2.1
11- 10 disp 0.2
12- 8 disp 2.1
13- 6 disp 0.0
14- 13 disp 2.2
15-9 disp 0.1
16-11 disp 1.0
17-8 disp 0.0
18-17 disp 3.1
19 2 disp 0.0
20-8 disp 1.0
In his next 11 games he only broke 10 disposals once and kicked a total of 5 goals.
So when you look at that i would say that Johns could be more than 1/10th of what Barry Hall was at the same stage ;)
Not saying that Johns will ever be close to Barry Hall but it makes interesting reading to see that Halls early out put was hardly greater than what Johns has done.It wasnt until his 4th season of regular footy that Hall began to deliver something and it took him around 40 odd games to do it.

i see your point but hall would have started his career at 18 and been skinny as a light pole, how old is johns? 22,23? his body is already developed so whats his excuse? i think he has no football smarts, leads to the wrong spots and goes to ground to quick, i hope he makes it but i personally dont think he is good enough.

i see your point but hall would have started his career at 18 and been skinny as a light pole, how old is johns? 22,23? his body is already developed so whats his excuse? i think he has no football smarts, leads to the wrong spots and goes to ground to quick, i hope he makes it but i personally dont think he is good enough.

Halls birthday 8/2/77 and his first game was round 9 1996 so you do the math ;) Played 4 games in that year. So when he played 15 games in the next season he was 20.
I can do his stats by age
19- 4 games 2.3
20- 15 games 14.13
21- 13 games 6.4
22- 20 games 41.36
Now yes Johns is 22 and has a developed body no questioning that. The difference is that by time Hall was 22 he had twice as many games as well as reserves footy. Johns has missed a big slice of that. The fact he couldnt play footy at any level, train or even run for 18 months is a big hurdle to overcome.You say he lacks footy smarts and that stems from the fact that he has played only 17 senior games and about 20 VFL games in total since his under 18 days.That is not a lot of footy. the fact he has never been able to get fully fit hasnt helped. He has only had one injury free full pre season. He may never end up being any good but to say simply becasue he has a developed body and is 22 years old he should be playing footy at the level of a 40 game footballer is stupid.
Anyway you said he wasnt 1/10 of the player Hall was at St.Kilda and im saying at the start i would argue he was at least 9/10 ths of the player Hall was. If it stays that way is another story.:D

Halls birthday 8/2/77 and his first game was round 9 1996 so you do the math ;) Played 4 games in that year. So when he played 15 games in the next season he was 20.
I can do his stats by age
19- 4 games 2.3
20- 15 games 14.13
21- 13 games 6.4
22- 20 games 41.36
Now yes Johns is 22 and has a developed body no questioning that. The difference is that by time Hall was 22 he had twice as many games as well as reserves footy. Johns has missed a big slice of that. The fact he couldnt play footy at any level, train or even run for 18 months is a big hurdle to overcome.You say he lacks footy smarts and that stems from the fact that he has played only 17 senior games and about 20 VFL games in total since his under 18 days.That is not a lot of footy. the fact he has never been able to get fully fit hasnt helped. He has only had one injury free full pre season. He may never end up being any good but to say simply becasue he has a developed body and is 22 years old he should be playing footy at the level of a 40 game footballer is stupid.
Anyway you said he wasnt 1/10 of the player Hall was at St.Kilda and im saying at the start i would argue he was at least 9/10 ths of the player Hall was. If it stays that way is another story.:D

People forget how inconsistent Barry Hall was at St Kilda. Malcom Blight had him play at Full Back his season was that bad up to date against Troy Wilson who kicked the best part of his 8 goals that day playing on Barry. It could easy be said that Barry was only 1/10th a player he was at St Kilda that he is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bye Bye Dyson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back