C Cameron v C Rioli v E Betts

Who’s the better player?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rioli made the biggest opponent crap their dacks. Really was a player where stats didn't do him justice

Cameron is a live wire and a great player

Thought betts was extremely overrated. Would kick goals, but that's all he did. Wasn't capable of playing defensively, rarely locked it in, and didn't have the capacity to push up the ground

So hang on, the main knock on Eddie is his finals footy, as well as his defence - and in finals his output actually went up for goals, goal assists and tackles?

Hell, even his actual tackling numbers are virtually the same as Cyril’s in finals (his goals are way better)
Eddie is a hard one to judge because he only had 1 GF, and it was poor all be it on Dylan Grimes just about the best lock-down defender at his peak.

Charlie has had a lot of poor moments in his 3 GF's but also done some good. Cyril real was the best imo based off what we saw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So hang on, the main knock on Eddie is his finals footy, as well as his defence - and in finals his output actually went up for goals, goal assists and tackles?

Hell, even his actual tackling numbers are virtually the same as Cyril’s in finals (his goals are way better)

Cyril isn't close to Betts as a player.

Cyril isn't close to Betts as a player.
Gee, not sure about that. I think they're quite different, and Betts obviously played for longer, and stats only tell you so much about a player, but Rioli was unreal. Averages:
  • Betts: 12.0 disposals, 1.8 goals, 3.0 tackles (350 games, 640 goals).
  • Cameron: 11.4 disposals, 1.8 goals, 2.6 tackles (229 games, 404 goals).
  • Rioli: 15.1 disposals, 1.5 goals, 4.6 tackles (189 games, 275 goals).

More than that, though, Rioli is the one I want in my forward 50 based on a bunch of intangible qualities.

When someone says Betts over Cyril you instantly know they know nothing about football and think kicking goals is the only attribute that is important.

When someone says Betts over Cyril you instantly know they know nothing about football and think kicking goals is the only attribute that is important.
You can be the better talent but not the better player surely?

Im taking 350 games of Betts at the stats he produced over 189 that Rioli did and so would alot of teams and coaches I feel.

You can be the better talent but not the better player surely?

Im taking 350 games of Betts at the stats he produced over 189 that Rioli did and so would alot of teams and coaches I feel.
Cyril was just a better overall player, it's pretty simple, he had great balance between offense and defense.

I am not saying Betts didn't put on pressure when needed but he clearly was an offense first small forward.
I am not bringing talent into idc about that.

Betts had the longer career you can put how much stock into it you want, but Cyril had the better career and if not for the racism controversy, he might have played more games.

If you are starting a team from scratch, I'm picking Cyril & I think most premiership coaches would as well.

Eddie somehow almost gets underrated around here. Yes he was more a classic small forward perhaps (though I remember him having a few stints through the centre square and he was dynamic there) but he was an absolute freak.

Beyond that though he wouldn't exactly be competing with Rioli for a spot in a team, they could compliment each other. Eddie deep forward, Rioli up the ground etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

C Cameron v C Rioli v E Betts

Back