C-D4 Vic Rep squad - nominations?

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Biggs (Fitzroy Reds)

Given how shy Biggsy is, he may need to send a proxy to training.
Say Fahmi Hared? ;)

Methinks he's our best chance for a rep spot, but probably as an U19.

In the senior squad, I'd send Jim O'Reilly and Chris Meighen down, despite his multiple fractures (which are healing nicely).

Fact is, you'll get the majority of the final team coming out of C grade. Expect Ajax (Dukes, Ritterman, Lewski, Israelsohn), Ormond (M. Robbins, Kelleher, Cook), Rupo (as above), Mazenod (D. Dunne), Hampton Rovers (Lawrence, Zampaglione?), Parkdale (Rochford and C. Sullivan) and Oakleigh (Rutter, ???) to all provide final team players.

Hopefully, if they make it a genuine C-below team, and don't play the standard 8 ring-ins from A/B then there'll be room for guys going all the way down to D4. I'd reckon half the final 24 would come from C section.

Given how shy Biggsy is, he may need to send a proxy to training.
Say Fahmi Hared? ;)

Methinks he's our best chance for a rep spot, but probably as an U19.

In the senior squad, I'd send Jim O'Reilly and Chris Meighen down, despite his multiple fractures (which are healing nicely).

Fact is, you'll get the majority of the final team coming out of C grade. Expect Ajax (Dukes, Ritterman, Lewski, Israelsohn), Ormond (M. Robbins, Kelleher, Cook), Rupo (as above), Mazenod (D. Dunne), Hampton Rovers (Lawrence, Zampaglione?), Parkdale (Rochford and C. Sullivan) and Oakleigh (Rutter, ???) to all provide final team players.

Hopefully, if they make it a genuine C-below team, and don't play the standard 8 ring-ins from A/B then there'll be room for guys going all the way down to D4. I'd reckon half the final 24 would come from C section.

If Dan Penny from BHN doesn't make the squad then we will know the selection and process has not been thorough.

If Dan Penny from BHN doesn't make the squad then we will know the selection and process has not been thorough.

He'd be lucky if he did, champ. Almost exclusively the domain of C Grade clubs (add a few from D1 as well). Unless he's got a reputation (ie AFL/VFL or A Grade Ammo's) he's got buckleys!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matthew Palmington (Werribee) Cameron Lee (Werribee) Trent Lee (Werribee) Matty Antonello (Werribee) Adam Alifraco (Werribee) Aaron Taylor (Werribee)

Bit of a common theme there

His coach needs to nominate him Flowerpower

As HBP correctly points out it is a pointless exercise for D4 coaches to nominate their players.

Most coaches who know the score just ignore the prompt from HQ to volunteer their players as witches hats for squad training.

C-D4 in name only.

Can't really argue with the logic of selecting mostly players from C though.

And besides you'd think D4 coaches would be less inclined to want their gun players participating for fear of injury as well. I imagine the higher clubs would be better equipped depth-wise to cover injuries that may arise from this pursuit.

Remove this Banner Ad

C-D4 Vic Rep squad - nominations?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back