C-D4 Vic Rep squad - nominations?

Remove this Banner Ad

If this is the case then maybe HQ will need to look at offering clubs something in return for having players in the rep side. eg - some cash incentives or having officals at more of that clubs games.

Wouldn't cash incentives contradict Amatuer footy?

Rest assured no one at Hampton has been discouraged from playing. It's entirely the player's decision. What you'll find is that one of the boys is having his Bucks turn that weekend.

Tend to agree with pinto-09. Benny wasn't keen on our guys playing in the game so he didnt encourage anyone that was nominated. We're in the business to win premierships and losing one or two of your best in a rep. game that isn't even a true reflection of the best players in the sections isn't worth the risk. No one will be held back if they want to play, but after the disappointment of last season we don't want to take any chances on getting ourselves back into C section for personal glories. As captain of our club I firmly support this decision by the coach.

Benny has never been all there. Look forward to another disappointing year with Benny at the helm.

Ask the people who have played in this game whether it is worthwhile or not. I think you will find that most of them think its great to run out representing the VAFA and stick it up 'em

Rubbish, a side basically full of U/20s beating the best grown men in C-D4?

Well i could go all day on this but i'll give you a quick brief just to prove my point. Now i live in the area and have played junior footy with and against a few people down at Sandy and will use them as an example as i am friends with some people that play there.
Dunne (Mazenod) is widely regarded on this forum as a walk up start for this team is he not? Multiple people on the C grade forum have put him in the best couple of players in C grade. Well he cant get a game at Sandy in the reserves.
Last week the VFL had a split round which gave a few regular TWOS players to go back and have a game at their local clubs. I'm not sure of the exact amount that went back (i know alot were released but not all played) that play week in week out for Sandy 2's but i can know of only a handful as most also had the week off.
Monoghan - Went back to St. Bedes in A grade and was named Best On Ground.
Curcio - Went back to St Bedes also and was named second best behing Monoghan.
Plymin - Went back to Haileybury and was named 3rd best.
Dean- Went back to Beauy and was named second best but as quoted in the B grade forum was "best on by the length of Beach Road".
These four are regular Sandy 2's players and have gone back to clubs where they haven't trained before and done this in a much better standard of football.
I know people that play in the VAFA don't want to believe it but these sorta of players at Sandy can walk back into A or B grade footy sides simple as that and if they played every week for a C or D grade ammo side would be walk up starters for this state side.
Thoughts....?

I think he's got you there M&K. You might thsay you've been rolled..... AND he failed to mention that I didn't play either - lucky for Parkdale cos I've had over 100 pothssies in three games for the Rovers. Look out at thSunbury next week. Can't wait for the cruithser off with Cracker (thseen here in the yellow jumper) on the way home after I collect another thsix pack and complete my thslab.

Well i could go all day on this but i'll give you a quick brief just to prove my point. Now i live in the area and have played junior footy with and against a few people down at Sandy and will use them as an example as i am friends with some people that play there.
Dunne (Mazenod) is widely regarded on this forum as a walk up start for this team is he not? Multiple people on the C grade forum have put him in the best couple of players in C grade. Well he cant get a game at Sandy in the reserves.
Last week the VFL had a split round which gave a few regular TWOS players to go back and have a game at their local clubs. I'm not sure of the exact amount that went back (i know alot were released but not all played) that play week in week out for Sandy 2's but i can know of only a handful as most also had the week off.
Monoghan - Went back to St. Bedes in A grade and was named Best On Ground.
Curcio - Went back to St Bedes also and was named second best behing Monoghan.
Plymin - Went back to Haileybury and was named 3rd best.
Dean- Went back to Beauy and was named second best but as quoted in the B grade forum was "best on by the length of Beach Road".
These four are regular Sandy 2's players and have gone back to clubs where they haven't trained before and done this in a much better standard of football.
I know people that play in the VAFA don't want to believe it but these sorta of players at Sandy can walk back into A or B grade footy sides simple as that and if they played every week for a C or D grade ammo side would be walk up starters for this state side.
Thoughts....?

Who's giving the votes?

Surely not a match committee who'd be keen for these kids to play for their release club at every opportunity, and to slot them in the best players to ensure it was a warm and fuzzy experience. :eek: Not saying they didn't play very well, but best players are based on subjective opinion aren't they?

FWIW - from 2003 to 2005 OT's used to have two or three players on VFL lists. More often than not, when released as they weren't getting a game, they'd play A reserve, not A senior.

Maybe they were really cr@p, maybe the VFL reserve standard has improved, I really don't know.

Hard to tell really, but in the end you're whacking on about a hypothetical which can never truly be tested.

Who's giving the votes?

Surely not a match committee who'd be keen for these kids to play for their release club at every opportunity, and to slot them in the best players to ensure it was a warm and fuzzy experience. :eek: Not saying they didn't play very well, but best players are based on subjective opinion aren't they?

FWIW - from 2003 to 2005 OT's used to have two or three players on VFL lists. More often than not, when released as they weren't getting a game, they'd play A reserve, not A senior.

Maybe they were really cr@p, maybe the VFL reserve standard has improved, I really don't know.

Hard to tell really, but in the end you're whacking on about a hypothetical which can never truly be tested.

Yeahbut your point with the OT boys is that they weren't good enough to get a game at their VFL side so they came back to their local club. I'm talking about playing the team that actually lines up on the weekend. Not the rest that are on the list but play for their local clubs because they can't get a game.
And please, whacking on a bout a hypothetical....what the hell are all these forums about? That's what everyone does. Give their opinions on what has, what will and what would happen. And i'm telling you the side that represents C-D4 wouldn't beat a top VFL reserves side. Perhaps one of the lower ones but not a Coburg, Williamstown or Sandringham at the moment at full strength.

You could be right about the standard difference but so what? The point is that having made the decision to play c-d4 ammos, the state team is the pinnacle at our level in our comp. Why not play?

You can't make an argument that these guys playing c-d4 shouldn't lower themselves to play in the rep team because they are too good for the standard. Not logical.

Have seen quite a few go to play in the rep side over the years who were significantly improved by the experience. Maybe these super players at your club who think they are above it could pick a few things up??? Taking a big risk to give it a miss on the basis that you are going to win a flag. They are pretty hard to win.

Les has spoken.

You could be right about the standard difference but so what? The point is that having made the decision to play c-d4 ammos, the state team is the pinnacle at our level in our comp. Why not play?

You can't make an argument that these guys playing c-d4 shouldn't lower themselves to play in the rep team because they are too good for the standard. Not logical.

Have seen quite a few go to play in the rep side over the years who were significantly improved by the experience. Maybe these super players at your club who think they are above it could pick a few things up??? Taking a big risk to give it a miss on the basis that you are going to win a flag. They are pretty hard to win.

Les has spoken.

Mate i agree with you about the pinacle of their footy and all that. And the Rovers boys aren't not playing because they think they are too good. For some of them though, it's just not that huge of a deal and plenty of them would much prefer a week off, not just to try and prevent injury, but to enjoy themselves over that weekend off.
For those that do play, how many weeks in a row will they end up playing untill the next break? I don't know so i am asking. 13-14? Plus the few practice matches. Then after eventual week off later on in the year, it's followed by another block of game and then straight into finals. Not much rest for the players who more often than not are the key players and take alot of their teams load week in, wook out.

Remove this Banner Ad

C-D4 Vic Rep squad - nominations?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back