C Scott - 3 weeks!!

Remove this Banner Ad

MSB ROYS said:
What about the guy who punched him?

They didn't say.

This could get intersting though. It was Lions v Northern Eagles. Isn't the bloke the runs the Eagles related to the Lions football manager? And the 'boys' club that supports the Eagles as well financially? I'm sure that was in those prelude articles last year that were the lead up to the financial review article this year about crossed links/wires/nepatism claims.

And now a Lions senior player get's suspended from a reserve grade game between the 2 clubs. I got a feeling this mightn't be the end of the incident.

Edit: Ok I've just scoured the info I could find on the Eagles website and I might be confused on this issue. I had in my head that Marcus Allan (rookie - Graeme Allan's son) was from the Northern Eagles, but I can't see that on the site, and their football manager is called Ken Allan, but no reference to relation to Marcus and Graeme - anyone know?? I also didn't know they were now called the Zillmere Eagles. Is that new this year??

it is stupid, because brisbane would need him before then, he's and entertaining player for goodness sake, he really should have knowen better, than the guy who punched him.

Marcus Allen played for the Eagles last year. Gubby is often at their games at all levels.

The Brittain name is also quite synonomous at Zillmere.

Chris Scott is very luck to only get three weeks. He would have been hung if he did that in the AFL.

Chasing the Dream said:
Chris Scott is very luck to only get three weeks. He would have been hung if he did that in the AFL.

From all reports, Scott's was a get square for an earlier Peter Wolfe punch...with one big difference between the 2 incidents - Wolfe hit Scott while the two were shaping up...Scott retaliated with a king hit when he was unsighted.

You're right to say he was lucky to have onyl received 3 weeks...off the ball stuff seems to be more tolerated at AFLQ level. I reckon double that if it happened at AFL level.

As to Lethal's comments that listed players are "targeted: at AFLQ level, if any club is unlikely to target Lions players, it is the Eagles. The coaches are brothers, a number of their players have been on the Lions lists (Stiller, Weller, Dickfos, Waters, Cooper - there may be more) and there are currently a number of former Eagles on the Lions lists (Charman, Keating, Copeland, Drummond, Allan etc) - the clubs seem to get on well.

POBT said:
From all reports, Scott's was a get square for an earlier Peter Wolfe punch...with one big difference between the 2 incidents - Wolfe hit Scott while the two were shaping up...Scott retaliated with a king hit when he was unsighted.

You're right to say he was lucky to have onyl received 3 weeks...off the ball stuff seems to be more tolerated at AFLQ level. I reckon double that if it happened at AFL level.

As to Lethal's comments that listed players are "targeted: at AFLQ level, if any club is unlikely to target Lions players, it is the Eagles. The coaches are brothers, a number of their players have been on the Lions lists (Stiller, Weller, Dickfos, Waters, Cooper - there may be more) and there are currently a number of former Eagles on the Lions lists (Charman, Keating, Copeland, Drummond, Allan etc) - the clubs seem to get on well.

IMO the Eagles have a habit of targeting players at at all clubs. They are physically stronger than most clubs and use this to maintain a competitive edge against them.

As for the Brittians coaching the respective clubs, I have had an interest in the ALFLQ competition for nearly 20 years, and I would say that coaching against each other would spur them on more than anything else.

The Brittians are hard nosed competitors who would never take a backward step no matter what. This is certainly one of the traits that has gotten them to the level that they are at and it certainly wont change just because they are coaching against each other.

Remove this Banner Ad

C Scott - 3 weeks!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back