Cairns AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richter is a very good player but is injury prone. Bass is a big solid player. Which club are they going 2

Might be the cobras they are playing for, not 100% though. Will get more details.
Ritcher played the whole year last year injury free and will only play half the games for his club in carins due to work, but would be more then handy.
Bassy is looking fit and strong and will be a gun up there.
You asked for info on the other lads in the tassie post:
Briggs is a good player, played seniors for a few years, goal kicking midfeilder, half forward, halfback. Is a hardnut!
Stride, tall tap ruckman. Is ok but not a star, not sure how he will go!
The lads from south launie, i know one is sammy page, cant think of the other 2 but are senior players. They will go ok, our state wide league comp is of a good standard, would be better then your comp, ours lads beat your div 1 comp last year by a fair margin.

up until last season i played my whole career in tassie and i reckon that the Cairns comp would more than match some of the statewide teams. its a fast league up here and i would love to see a game between the leagues. would be 1 hell of a game i reckon

up until last season i played my whole career in tassie and i reckon that the Cairns comp would more than match some of the statewide teams. its a fast league up here and i would love to see a game between the leagues. would be 1 hell of a game i reckon

I have heard the comp there is strong, but the tassie comp has lifted since it become statewide last yr. which club did you play for? like i said before we beat the qld div 1 comp with the likes of copeland, lucy, eagles ect by 5 goals. so i would say it wouldnt be so close champ.

I only played at Channel mate so that doesnt say much. There is alot of goal kicking power up here with some of the best midfielders ive seen. Its probably closer to a SFL Premier league standard now i think of it.

I only played at Channel mate so that doesnt say much. There is alot of goal kicking power up here with some of the best midfielders ive seen. Its probably closer to a SFL Premier league standard now i think of it.

Channel, geee there are in trouble they got booted to the lowest league last year and still couldnt find a win.

they are a young club and with the recruits picked up this season should be more than competitive

We all heard that last year mate, they spent a lot of $$$ and got nowhere. Getting in 3-4 good players wont help. The old boys comp is getting better each year. The only team they will have a chance against will dosa. They need more like 20 good new players! As they only half decent players were j mason & bowerman. fact!!!!! Every other team have recruited very well!!!!

Can anyone confirm who is coaching Centrals? Havent heard much from them.
Also did the crocs new coach ever play for Heidelberg in Melbourne?

Mangoplah Cookardinia United Eastlakes Goannas (MCUE) are looking for prospective players for the upcoming season. Mangoplah is situated approximately 32kms South of Wagga Wagga in inland NSW.
Mangoplah participates in the Riverina Football League which is the strongest league in the Riverina MIA region. The club has a proud history and with our strong junior base are looking to add to that in 2010.
The goannas have retained all players from last year and appointed two more and feel that a couple more experienced footballers would help us take the next step.

The club has available a large number of job opportunities in Wagga Wagga including solicitor, scaffolder, carpenter, farm manager, physiotherapist, metal fabricator, draftsperson and a large number of other trades.

A senior coaching position is also available...

Anyone interested in becoming part of a tight knit footy club, in a strong competition, with good support please send me a private message with your credentials and we will continue discussions from there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Popped into Saints training tonight to see about 35-40 on the track. Lots of new faces 2. Seems like they will no doubt be a contender again this season.

Played in Cairns myself and also in the tassie state league. your kidding yourself if you reckon that the standard is similar. these blokes that have come up from the tassie state league will dominate. My advice for all clubs. throw your money at richter.

Yeah Saints, I watched a tall forward in the reserves who seemed to yell all day, he might have been captain??
Once again could be a few people. If he was captain then it wasMick Dunstan. played a few seniors games before coming back and winning the ressies league b&f

Played in Cairns myself and also in the tassie state league. your kidding yourself if you reckon that the standard is similar. these blokes that have come up from the tassie state league will dominate. My advice for all clubs. throw your money at richter.

Just spoke to a mate from cairns Alex Malliff and he said that norths have signed Richter today

Court is in session

i do beleive the info is INCORRECT,Rickter is negotiating with other clubs and is yet to sign.i am pretty sure he would not be impressed with clubs saying he has signed when he has not

On another note,a good source has it a committee member of North Cairns is bragging about how happy he is that they didnt pay their assistant coach and player for last season,what is the guy an imbecile.

Court Adjourned

Court is in session

i do beleive the info is INCORRECT,Rickter is negotiating with other clubs and is yet to sign.i am pretty sure he would not be impressed with clubs saying he has signed when he has not

On another note,a good source has it a committee member of North Cairns is bragging about how happy he is that they didnt pay their assistant coach and player for last season,what is the guy an imbecile.

Court Adjourned
heard he has signed at north for 1 large a game, member told me last night that thank f*ck for the masters carnival.

heard he has signed at north for 1 large a game, member told me last night that thank f*ck for the masters carnival.

If true can they afford that much, thought Norths were broke or have they a sugar daddy in a sponsor.:rolleyes: A slap in the face to others in the side that have been there throughout the tough times and are after a bit more coin to make ends meet. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back