Cairns AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can any of you guys tell me when the season kicks off up there and are there any reports on the practice match form of Port Douglas and Sth Cairns? Both Clubs being coached by blokes from Seymour in the Goulburn Valley League and by all accounts have both taken some pretty handy recruits.Rob Douglas will be a stand out at Port Douglas.

Cannard was absoultly flying pre-season on and off the filed. should be in for a cracka

any one tell me the goal kickers and best players from the souths game on the w/e?

Luke 'NOODLE' Canard will be the standout player this year up there in Cairns.. Dominated the victorian country leagues. Tough as nails and a heart of gold. The poor bloke is no oil painting but huge package.
Not familiar with Noodle and not really interested in the size of his package (LOL).Would be interseted to know what Country league's he dominated in Victoria and who He's playing for in Cairns.Sounds like there may be some handy players running around up there this year and I'd be grateful for any info on pre season form etc.
As for Rob Douglas, He won a B&F in a GVFL premiership team at 19yrs. A very handy player and a ripping bloke as well.

Always some good footy in the competition and played on bloody big grounds that never get muddy.

Will be interested to see how Port Douglas go this season, they are always there abouts and also have Leon Baker (ex Essendon) involved with the club again.

South Cairns and Manunda will be the teams to beat once again with Cairns City to improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Centrals are tipped to be the big improvers this year with many from country vic. Hawks and souths played on weekend and was top game. I thought Sths should have won but missed to many easy goals. Some told me that the Port Douglas side was the worst Port side he had ever seen.

cant remember the site just search for queensland afl and you'll get there :thumbsu:

Shaw kicked four and was one of Sths better players. Sharp was head and shoulders above anyone for Sths. Angwin was OK and hopgood was pretty good.

where do you go to find the results on the internet, is it just me or does the afl cairns results page not work?

how are the cairns saints looking this year, they were their abouts last year i think ?

Yeah they will be there abouts this year as well. They say they have pace to burn. I think they will go close. They have recruited well from Redan. Talking to one of their coaches and the say they have Manundas cover and Sth Cairns, Centrals is their concern though. Time will tell

heading up to cairns for a cricket trip on the 26th april. will there be any games on boys and where would i find it?

Can anyone fill me in on a few new boys at south cairns are going? Matt Sharp, Sean "Frank the Tank" Horsburgh and Shannon "Shags" Laidlaw?

Luke 'NOODLE' Canard will be the standout player this year up there in Cairns.. Dominated the victorian country leagues. Tough as nails and a heart of gold. The poor bloke is no oil painting but huge package.
Very true this, lock up your daughters lock up ya wife cos this bloke is a big roota has a bad head but is full of surprises

Apparently Sharp was BOG in first game. Horsborough was Ok as was Laidlaw. Luke the noodle Cannard well he is killing them on and off the field.:eek:

Apparently Sharp was BOG in first game. Horsborough was Ok as was Laidlaw. Luke the noodle Cannard well he is killing them on and off the field.:eek:

Hows the great man SJ going up there FTBL , Heard his side { sharpys } got beat round 1 . Must admit i thought he should have not gone up there ,hes to good to be coaching at that level, { no disrepect }. And hows Steve Shaw going good player and i beat the chicks are loving him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back