Scape Goat Cale Morton - so long, farewell, G&GF

Remove this Banner Ad

So... do you guys think there is any chance of this guy turning it around ala Hill? Every time I've seen him play he has been soft as a marshmallow. I can't even remember ever seeing him do something and be impressed. I just don't get what Woosha see's in this guy...

So... do you guys think there is any chance of this guy turning it around ala Hill? Every time I've seen him play he has been soft as a marshmallow. I can't even remember ever seeing him do something and be impressed. I just don't get what Woosha see's in this guy...

Honestly, I expect he'll end up like Tambling at Adelaide. I suppose it's worth a punt when you lose nothing and would hopefully help the relationship with the Morton's and the Eagles. I'd be pretty pissed if he turned it around after being so pea-hearted for the past five years.

If he could bulk up, he might have more confidence in his body and subsequently improve his attack on the ball. His ball use once was good, and he can run all day...

Can I speak for not only the members, but the non-member MCC toffs, the poor bastards who don't pay for memberships to help the club, Ron Barassi, The Ox, all other past Melbourne players and the ghost of Norm Smith when I scream...

THANK ****ING CHRIST!

You guys have had much more success in developing players than we have over the past couple of decades, so I'd be surprised if you can't at least get a little more out of him. His first season for the Dees was impressive, but has put on little bulk and his skills have gone backwards at a fast rate. Might enjoy the wings of Subi. Good luck, you will need it...

Can I speak for not only the members, but the non-member MCC toffs, the poor bastards who don't pay for memberships to help the club, Ron Barassi, The Ox, all other past Melbourne players and the ghost of Norm Smith when I scream...

THANK ******* CHRIST!

As a paid member and MCC toff I approve.

thanks for nothing Barry Prendergast and Dean Bailey, you ****in ********s

thank god their biggest mistake is now gone from the club

and thank god for Mark Neeld who is finally bringing ruthlessness to the MFC

Let me put on record that Cale Morton is the biggest spud I have seen for a long long time, and thank god Neeld got rid of him.

But, you ask for when he has shown some heart. Saw him run head first into a pack ,eyes on the ball, to try and take a mark at a pre-season game @ Princess Park, against the Saints (I think). He was injured for about 10 weeks after it, but it was pure courage.

Let me put on record that Cale Morton is the biggest spud I have seen for a long long time, and thank god Neeld got rid of him.

But, you ask for when he has shown some heart. Saw him run head first into a pack ,eyes on the ball, to try and take a mark at a pre-season game @ Princess Park, against the Saints (I think). He was injured for about 10 weeks after it, but it was pure courage.
And he said "screw that i'm never doing that again"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that was against Essendon??? I was there. Only time i've seen him with eyes for the ball and he got crunched. 10 week enforced holiday.. How ironic??

It's like that X-Files episode, 'X-Cops'... If you can't keep your fear at bay, it'll manifest in reality..

The Mortons have a certain trait about them.

**** one just became a premiership player. For pick 88 we can't lose the deal.

I'm not unhappy with this.

I guess you guys universally dislike him so I won't ask about his upside.:D

The other brother who was delisted by hawthorn also became a premiership player this year as well....for the claremont reserves!!!

Pick 4 to pick 88. Surely there's some sort of tax benefit we can obtain from having had the greatest depreciating asset in the history of mankind?
My first thought too.

Draft bankruptcy, here we come! Well almost. Trying to trade Cale was like playing monopoly & going to jail after every turn.

His efforts in 2011 against Collingwood and Leigh Brown will go down as the 2 softest plays I've seen live. Take a bow Cale, you've done less starting with more than your soul mate Brent Grgic. G & GF.

I think that was against Essendon??? I was there. Only time i've seen him with eyes for the ball and he got crunched. 10 week enforced holiday.. How ironic??

It's like that X-Files episode, 'X-Cops'... If you can't keep your fear at bay, it'll manifest in reality..
Yeah, I was there too. It was against Essendon in 2010. Jack Grimes had something crazy like 35 disposals and 3 goals.
After a promising first two years of his career, this incident was the turning point. Was never the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scape Goat Cale Morton - so long, farewell, G&GF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back