Speculation Caleb Daniel [UFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Will need to part with 22 or F2 to get him.

There’s no need for us to salary dump with Macrae & Smith. In fact, we almost need to keep him for a bit of depth given he plays in a similar position to the the two leaving.
You have who out of contract and demanding/forced to pay what exactly?

Hey, whatever you believe is true to you but Naughton & Darcy aren't gonna be cheap! And that is excluding any midfield talent you shake from the tree (and need to compete).

What if we throw $2m per year at Darcy? We could, should even. I can't see him signing to play for you for less than $1.5m (just an example). I'm sure he would tickle the fancy of a few clubs with cash.

I dont get why more clubs arnt interested then just North who dont really have the picks

If im Richmond im 100% all over this. Great replacement for Rioli and probably costs pick 39 + 41 (assuming Doggies will want 5 picks this year with 3 of them out + probably time to delist Keath + Johannisen to boot) which are probably picks that Richmond wont necessarily have to use anyway

You have who out of contract and demanding/forced to pay what exactly?

Hey, whatever you believe is true to you but Naughton & Darcy aren't gonna be cheap! And that is excluding any midfield talent you shake from the tree (and need to compete).

What if we throw $2m per year at Darcy? We could, should even. I can't see him signing to play for you for less than $1.5m (just an example). I'm sure he would tickle the fancy of a few clubs with cash.
It would be such a North thing to offer millions for Naughton when he's next out of contract...

It would be such a North thing to offer millions for Naughton when he's next out of contract...
Agree Cecil... and more than you would ever, or anyone else would offer is us to a tee.

Darcy, links to your club notwithstanding, would be the much better option for us ! I'd be comfortable offering him $2m if Naughton, for example, is getting $1.1m-$1.5m!

Agree Cecil... and more than you would ever, or anyone else would offer is us to a tee.

Darcy, links to your club notwithstanding, would be the much better option for us ! I'd be comfortable offering him $2m if Naughton, for example, is getting $1.1m-$1.5m!
Naughton is signed until 2032 you numpty

I dont get why more clubs arnt interested then just North who dont really have the picks

If im Richmond im 100% all over this. Great replacement for Rioli and probably costs pick 39 + 41 (assuming Doggies will want 5 picks this year with 3 of them out + probably time to delist Keath + Johannisen to boot) which are probably picks that Richmond wont necessarily have to use anyway
Pretty expensive
Plays the easiest position on the field (HB that doesn't defend)
Lots of cheap disposal

What value is he adding to sides that are contending? Very little
Why would a rebuilding side want him rather than put a kid there to learn and get cheap ball?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. I would've thought pick 40 had Parker's name on it. Maybe Sydney do it for an F3?
Or the Bulldogs trade looks different.
Still so much to play out

Thanks.

I reckon your bloke saying a done deal for 28 + Lolipop Kid for 20 & 40 is actually unhinged but sure!

We are taking on his ridiculous contract, for nothing? Please.

59 -> CD (if ya lucky)
CD + 28 > 40 - We pay in full his ridiculous contract (preferred option)

I have a soft spot for the dogs, but you're making it hard.
I'm not even getting into your warped notions around his trade value. Are you (and apparently other North fans here) incapable of referring to Caleb Daniel without snide jabs at his height?

Thanks.

I reckon your bloke saying a done deal for 28 + Lolipop Kid for 20 & 40 is actually unhinged but sure!

We are taking on his ridiculous contract, for nothing? Please.

59 -> CD (if ya lucky)
CD + 28 > 40 - We pay in full his ridiculous contract (preferred option)

I have a soft spot for the dogs, but you're making it hard.

Dogs would rather keep him, and North are desperate for some experienced players. It’s not a salary dump, especially if we’re losing Macrae and Smith.

Cal Twomey said yesterday that North will have to pay overs if they want to get Daniel.

Dogs would rather keep him, and North are desperate for some experienced players. It’s not a salary dump, especially if we’re losing Macrae and Smith.

Cal Twomey said yesterday that North will have to pay overs if they want to get Daniel.

That's fine, if he were out of contract, I'd agree. He's worth a pick around 35 maybe even 25. But someone's gotta pay his contract. I just hope it ain't us. Don't mind him as a player, would rather he was 6'3, is my point.

In a deep draft with many varied players capable of playing multiple positions, I'd hope we don't do anything stupid, like overpay for a shortish bloke who can't defend too well. We have heaps of them already, albeit not as good a kick/decision maker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Caleb Daniel [UFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back