Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

You just typed alot of words with out saying anything apart from you miss Rankine

Unless you have been living under a rock for the past 6 months and have not watched any news or footy shows then you would have to be blind not to have followed the Dimma/Rioli news.
but lets just presume you have

Do you honestly believe a player comes out end of season after a B & F year and decides ill just move to another club without knowing exactly what the deal will be and without talking to the coach
Dimma & Rioli have had eachother on speed dial for nearly 10 years
Clearly you’re rubbing off on me 😉

The AFL has already limited access dependant on where a club finishes on the ladder, they have also dropped the discount from 20 to 10%
As I said above, having access to a player other clubs don't have access to is reward enough. The fact you can get those players cheaper than anyone else is ludicrous. Same goes for father-sons and NGA. I don't have a problem with the concept or access, only the cost.

That comment there proves you have NFI what you are talking about.
So all your picks will be guns will they? Call me when they all work out, forgive me if I don’t wait by the phone

Again, calling Will Graham a first rounder is a technicality because the AFL shifts the round to include bids as non-live selections, he was pick 26, he was not rated as a first round talent.

So if we consider it a true first round pick (top 18 player) then we will have had 5 after this year and potentially Zeke next year.
I find this argument rather odd. Graham was picked in the first round, thus making him a first rounder. If you want to refer to top ten or top eighteen selections then call them that. We all know the first round drags on into the twenties most years, it doesn't need to be repeatedly brought up.

It seems the majority opinion excluding Tigers fans is that pick 6 is already overs for Rioli.
The majority excluding Tiges fans would have a different valuation if it was their clubs player that had 3 years to go on a contract.

Genuinely think this is being deliberately ignored by many.

An out of contract Saad sent for pick 8.

For interests sake (and yes, he's better) what would you want for a 3 yr contracted Nick Blakey?

So all your picks will be guns will they? Call me when they all work out, forgive me if I don’t wait by the phone

You said 4 picks after 10 = crap shoot Your words
Yet your team is chasing Rioli who was pick 15:$

He's 28 next season, 8 years left is very optimistic. He could well only have 2 or 3 years left.
Eight years would mean he's the same age in his last year as Zorko in his AA year this year. He'll have the benefit of the career-prolonging Qld weather.

I bet he plays closer to eight more years than two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The majority excluding Tiges fans would have a different valuation if it was their clubs player that had 3 years to go on a contract.

Genuinely think this is being deliberately ignored by many.

An out of contract Saad sent for pick 8.

For interests sake (and yes, he's better) what would you want for a 3 yr contracted Nick Blakey?
Gladly give pick 6 and more for Blakey, he’s 24 and a better player than Dan was at his age

No faith in whoever is doing Richmond's drafting eh? Interesting.

OK, we'll trade it to someone else for better value and save you making a mistake ;)
Just look back at the last 10 years and see what percentage of kids get to 150 games
or just look at Gold Coast top 10 picks since its inception and see how many have played 150 games for gold coast

I thiink drafting is a lot better these days and the expectation for pick 6 is that it becomes a succesful player a lot more often than it wont. Pick 6 itself has kind of been a bit of a cursed pick historically though for whatever reason, but this pick in question will end up at 7 anyway

I'm starting to understand why Rioli wants to go to the Suns now.
He only has to play a maximum of 23 games each year so won't get burnt out like he was at Tigers playing as many as 27 each year. So he gets an extra month off work each year and more cash. :sunglasses:

You said 4 picks after 10 = crap shoot Your words
Yet your team is chasing Rioli who was pick 15:$
Yes, exactly, a crap shoot means it’s a gamble, Rioli has proven to be worth that pick

As for us chasing him I’ve repeatedly stated I think it’s a mistake, not because he isn’t a good player but because Richmond want to much and our trades team are gullible

Last edited:
I'm starting to understand why Rioli wants to go to the Suns now.
He only has to play a maximum of 23 games each year so won't get burnt out like he was at Tigers playing as many as 27 each year. So he gets an extra month off work each year and more cash. :sunglasses:
If that was his motivation, he’d be staying at the Tigers out of all 19 teams. I think that’s his best bet to only play 23 over the next 5 years

Yes, exactly, a crap shoot means it’s a gamble, Rioli has proven to be worth that pick

As for us chasing him I’ve repeatedly stated I think it’s a mistake, not because he isn’t a good player but because Richmond want to much and our trades team are gullible

I know what it means but plenty of great players have been taken with much later picks it is a real luck of the draw scenario. I'm more nervous about us having Pick 1 than having pick 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back