Certified Legendary Thread Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

so basically every week Rayner spuds it up, you focus on Spargo and avoid talking about his career? I'm more than happy to talk about Spargo. He played well in the final. much better than Rayner. And arguably more than Rayner in his career to date. Sure Rayner has a higher ceiling which means nothing when u get 9 touches
In all seriousness though Spargo wasn't even selected for week one while Rayner dominated. You say Charlie Spongeo had a good game whilst collecting 14 touches but at the same time Rayner is a spud for his disposal average of...14 touches. Your point gets lost beneath your bias mate just post as if you actually want a discussion and people will stop trolling you.

Also, I noticed a small error in your noting Spargo's stats being superior. Have attached a photo below for your records. The crazy part is that Rayner is not a stats guy at all but still smokes this spud. He would have to be one of the worst blokes playing regular footy in the league.

Also a big lol at Spargo's Supercoach score of 48.1 What impact!!

View attachment 1813147

Jesus don't do that again Lionhert. There is so much heavy black type down the left hand side of my screen I thought it was going to collapse. :tearsofjoy:

In all seriousness though Spargo wasn't even selected for week one while Rayner dominated. You say Charlie Spongeo had a good game whilst collecting 14 touches but at the same time Rayner is a spud for his disposal average of...14 touches. Your point gets lost beneath your bias mate just post as if you actually want a discussion and people will stop trolling you.
14 touches is more than 150% of Rayners 9 touches. its significant. Plus, and here's the kicker, he only played 59% game time. He played very well. One of our best.

Care to do your list again mate :) Remember the good old days when you had Rayner at like number 4 ahead of Fritsch :)

I would love another go, got plenty wrong, as expected and foreshadowed. But recruiters only get one go at it. That is the point of us putting our nuts on the line. I have had mine squashed. But you have been totally castrated. Fritsch at pick 4 when he isn't even in Melbourne's best 4 players from his natural draft year. :tearsofjoy:

Think I had Cam Ray at pick 9. You had him at 30. If I am a fraction high with him, your are way too low. But that could all be about to change in 5 days time Danster. :)

I made plenty of bigger errors than where I selected Rayner. However he was one of your more glaring errors.

I would love another go, got plenty wrong, as expected and foreshadowed. But recruiters only get one go at it. That is the point of us putting our nuts on the line. I have had mine squashed. But you have been totally castrated. Fritsch at pick 4 when he isn't even in Melbourne's best 4 players from his natural draft year. :tearsofjoy:

Think I had Cam Ray at pick 9. You had him at 30. If I am a fraction high with him, your are way too low. But that could all be about to change in 5 days time Danster. :)

I made plenty of bigger errors than where I selected Rayner. However he was one of your more glaring errors.
Nah that's irrelevant because Brisbane could've taken Fritsch but chose not to. He was in Rayner's draft. And that's where it lies. How was Rayner one of my glaring errors? I literally nailed it. There's literally 20 guys that are shoe-ins being better than Rayner and then the negotiations start after that. It's really unnegotiable the first 20.

The concept that a player who has played 49 of the last 50 games in a top 4 side is 'fringe' is an intriguing one. Reckon the Lions coaching staff might disagree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha, yeah. Rayner is better than Fritsch hahahaha

Danny I definitely agree with this, but I’m surprised to see you concede that rayner is better than fritsch. Respect to you.

Nope. He didn't poll a single vote for his best game of the season. :)
Polled 2 the next week where he wasn't even in the best handful of players in the ground in my opinion. Brownlow voting is always a bit weird. Too bad they don't vote on finals, Spargo could have finally polled his first career votes in 7 seasons with his 14 posession/1 behind blinder in week two of finals (after being dropped in week one of course).

If they lose Robertson for making him a fringe player and giving him no midfield time, yet keep giving endless opportunities to Rayner, they’ll regret it in the long run in my opinion. Although, talent wise Rayner is superior. Time will tell

Rayner watch:
Q1: 4 disposals. Playing time in the backline. 2 clangers which resulted in 2 goals.

Q2: 5 disposals. 1 good smother that ked to a goal but horrendous disposals. 3 of his 5 disposals being ineffective.
1 clanger.

Q3: Missing. 2 disposals for the quarter. 1 hit McCarthy inside 50m.

Q4: 0 touches. Did nothing when the game was on the line.

Total: 11 disposals, 64% disposal efficiency. 4 clangers.

Pathetic.

The talks of North Smith were nothing short of embarassing.

He was probably worst on the entire ground after Berry.

Last edited:
Rayner watch:
Q1: 4 disposals. Playing time in the backline. 2 clangers which resulted in 2 goals.

Q2: 5 disposals. 1 good smother that ked to a goal but horrendous disposals. 3 of his 5 disposals being ineffective.
1 clanger.

9 disposals going at 44% disposal efficiency.

Definitely some disappointing moments there in transition when disposing under no pressure.

But this is balanced by the expected good passages in contested situations in critical parts of the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back