Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

This can all be fixed by simply labelling him a "high impact" player, ala Gary Rohan.

This can all be fixed by simply labelling him a "high impact" player, ala Gary Rohan.

Yeah but we are trying to get this thread to 200+ pages by the end of the season so that doesn’t suit our narrative. Please cease and desist.

I need a sample of what's considered a "low impact" player, would that be Harrison Petty?

Titan Submarine GIF by GIPHY News

Logan Morris the Titanic Sub again :)

You know Rayner is DOMINATING a game when Danny starts talking about first year gun forward Logan Morris.

You know Rayner is DOMINATING a game when Danny starts talking about first year gun forward Logan Morris.
honestly, I came home after the dees game and started watching after half time. Was Rayner even playing?

Nice deflection on Morris though. I see you're still calling him a gun :) Mr Sub. :0

honestly, I came home after the dees game and started watching after half time. Was Rayner even playing?

Nice deflection on Morris though. I see you're still calling him a gun :) Mr Sub. :0

Danny you've gotta stay on message, this is the Cam Rayner thread not the young gun forward Logan Morris thread. You're diluting your very important message and getting distracted.

Danny you've gotta stay on message, this is the Cam Rayner thread not the young gun forward Logan Morris thread. You're diluting your very important message and getting distracted.
haha. more than happy to talk about Rayner. How do you find his season? :)

It's about as relevant as Mattaes Philippou playing a good game.

Unfortunately for you, the only thing moving the needle for Rayner is a 30 touch, 3-4 goal game. 9 possessions is now celebrated? dear oh dear. the prosecution rests.

haha. more than happy to talk about Rayner. How do you find his season? :)

It's about as relevant as Mattaes Philippou playing a good game.

Unfortunately for you, the only thing moving the needle for Rayner is a 30 touch, 3-4 goal game. 9 possessions is now celebrated? dear oh dear. the prosecution rests.

Not many forwards get 30 possessions a game Danny, I mean banana fritter played in a drubbing today and only got 11. Cam is having a marvelous year, I just wish you could be happy for him.

Not many forwards get 30 possessions a game Danny, I mean banana fritter played in a drubbing today and only got 11. Cam is having a marvelous year, I just wish you could be happy for him.
but I thought he was the prototype burst mid? or are you conceding that was an epic fail? just like his move to the backline?

Correct, Fritta, had 11 and no-one is saying he played well. Neither would 9 touches.
200.gif

games against west coast don't count and I think you might find your friend Windsor was subbed before morris was, our hero gunners kicked 6 against them last year, we don't all get to play west coast twice in 7 weeks a challenge that proved to great for the mighty demons when 1 man child dominated them

but I thought he was the prototype burst mid? or are you conceding that was an epic fail? just like his move to the backline?

Correct, Fritta, had 11 and no-one is saying he played well. Neither would 9 touches.

The problem is we don't have a dedicated banana fritter thread with 134 pages of posts.

Unfortunately Cam is only able to have stints in the midfield this year because we have too many gun mids to fit into the team taking into account our Ashcroft rorts. Just like petty going forward for an entire season to kick 4 goals, we have to recalibrate expectations as the facts change. And the facts are that Rayner is having a marvelous year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

games against west coast don't count and I think you might find your friend Windsor was subbed before morris was, our hero gunners kicked 6 against them last year, we don't all get to play west coast twice in 7 weeks a challenge that proved to great for the mighty demons when 1 man child dominated them
I guess it doesn't matter who the opposition is when you're back to back weeks as subbed out/starting sub. Nah, we're comparing Logan Morris to Fritsch, Kozzie and Van Rooyen because apparently Mr. Sub is better than any of our forwards. :)

Too much of a challenge? Dude, you essentially lost to us only last week without Petracca and horrendous 1 sided umpiring. And you scraped over the line against the crows. Not sure, what you're banging on about.

As my friend Elixuh has said, let's remain on Rayner. Bit hard to talk anymore about Mr.Sub until he plays.

The problem is we don't have a dedicated banana fritter thread with 134 pages of posts.

Unfortunately Cam is only able to have stints in the midfield this year because we have too many gun mids to fit into the team taking into account our Ashcroft rorts. Just like petty going forward for an entire season to kick 4 goals, we have to recalibrate expectations as the facts change. And the facts are that Rayner is having a marvelous year!
If Rayner was good/fit enough, he would've taken all 12 of Bailey's cba's and had 18 for the match.

Rayner is having a poor year because he hasn't improved on last season. And still is in the 14-16 touches, 1 goal a game stat line.

Let's have a look at Brent Daniels, same draft. 29 touches, 11 tackles. So far ahead of Rayner it isn't funny. Lets have a look at some others in the same draft and see how they went:

Worpel, 27 touches and 1 goal, 7 tackles.

Dylan Moore: 26 touches, 2 goals.

Lloyd Meek: 47 hitouts and 13 touches.

Xerri: 17 touches, 35 hitout, 1 goal, 7 tackles.

LDU having 30 and 1 goal.

Oscar Allen kicking 4.3 today.

Jack Higgins, also kicking 3.1 but against the top team.

Ed Richards, always playing well.

Bailey Banfield: 17 touches.

Switkowski: 14 touches, 7 tackles, 1 goal.

Tom De Koning having 24 touches in the ruck and laying 5 tackles.

Rayner is still the 32-35th best player in his draft. And it's almost un-arguable at this point. Half the brissy fans want him dropped.

Last edited:
Rayner the 144th ranked player to play more than 5 games in 2024. That means he is around the 8th best performer in an average team.

danster168 will be very angry about this. :)

Danster's laughable pick 4 nomination Barely Avfritsch is a mile back below Rayner's 2024 output. Outside the top 200 rated players. Ouch. :cool:

I guess it doesn't matter who the opposition is when you're back to back weeks as subbed out/starting sub. Nah, we're comparing Logan Morris to Fritsch, Kozzie and Van Rooyen because apparently Mr. Sub is better than any of our forwards. :)

Too much of a challenge? Dude, you essentially lost to us only last week without Petracca and horrendous 1 sided umpiring. And you scraped over the line against the crows. Not sure, what you're banging on about.

As my friend Elixuh has said, let's remain on Rayner. Bit hard to talk anymore about Mr.Sub until he plays.
twice Danny we've been through this

Rayner the 144th ranked player to play more than 5 games in 2024. That means he is around the 8th best performer in an average team.

danster168 will be very angry about this. :)

Danster's laughable pick 4 nomination Barely Avfritsch is a mile back below Rayner's 2024 output. Outside the top 200 rated players. Ouch. :cool:
haha, you and your flawed ranking systems. no-one cares mate. You didn't have the courage to predict his season averages. Only I did and I mastered them again! Bow down and pray to me.

Lol. Unfortunately you lost your rights to comment on Fritsch when he kicked 6 in a granny and made the AA squad the next year. Let me know when Spudner does that :) Oh wait, he won the Leon Davis medal for the worst player in a granny. :)

If Rayner was good/fit enough, he would've taken all 12 of Bailey's cba's and had 18 for the match.

Rayner is having a poor year because he hasn't improved on last season. And still is in the 14-16 touches, 1 goal a game stat line.

Let's have a look at Brent Daniels, same draft. 29 touches, 11 tackles. So far ahead of Rayner it isn't funny. Lets have a look at some others in the same draft and see how they went:

Worpel, 27 touches and 1 goal, 7 tackles.

Dylan Moore: 26 touches, 2 goals.

Lloyd Meek: 47 hitouts and 13 touches.

Xerri: 17 touches, 35 hitout, 1 goal, 7 tackles.

LDU having 30 and 1 goal.

Oscar Allen kicking 4.3 today.

Jack Higgins, also kicking 3.1 but against the top team.

Ed Richards, always playing well.

Bailey Banfield: 17 touches.

Switkowski: 14 touches, 7 tackles, 1 goal.

Tom De Koning having 24 touches in the ruck and laying 5 tackles.

Rayner is still the 32-35th best player in his draft. And it's almost un-arguable at this point. Half the brissy fans want him dropped.
Some solid stat finding Dan, love your work.

Interesting to see Higgins & Allen the only other ones to kick 3 or more! Really highlights how well Rayner played, appreciate it! Have you got your membership yet? Still time.

Some solid stat finding Dan, love your work.

Interesting to see Higgins & Allen the only other ones to kick 3 or more! Really highlights how well Rayner played, appreciate it! Have you got your membership yet? Still time.
When Brisbane delist/trade Rayner I'll consider it. :)

14.2 touches, 1 goal per game. is the very definition of average.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back