Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Before this round Rayner was the 6th highest rated general forward in the AFL.

Incredibly, 10 of the top 23 are from that 2017 draft. In order from that draft crop:

1. Dylan Moore 13.0
2. Gryan Miers 12.3
3. Cam Rayner 11.39
4. Brent Daniels 10.8
5. Sam Switkowski 10.74
6. Jack Higgins 10.21
7. Lachie Fogarty 9.44
8. Matt Guelfi 9.23
9. Bailey Banfield 9.03
10. Liam Ryan 8.88

Where is Barely Avfritsch?

He is considered a key forward and rates 9.19.

I will update when this round is complete and all the ratings are in.

danster168 we better get your view on this as well.

Cam Rayner only gets 1.8 hard ball gets per game in 2024.

But no forward in the AFL averages more hard ball gets than that in 2024.

Barely Avfritsch has the most hard ball get avoids in the AFL in 2024. He ranks = 197th with 10 other players amongst all forwards for hard ball gets in 2024. Nobody avoids more hard ball gets than Avfritsch. :)

Fritsch V Giants: 8 disp, 2 goals

Rayner V Dees: 8 disp, 2 goals

However, Fritsch V Rayner…

Tackles: 0 V 3
Efficiency: 50 V 87
Contested marks: 0 V 1
Clearances: 0 V 1
Inside 50s: 3 V 2
TOG: 78 V 73

A good case in point as to why just referring to disposals and goals is misleading. Note, Rayners game was referred to as “TRASH”, but it was superior to Fritsch’ last night.

I’m not suggesting Daniel would rate Fritsch’ game as anything extraordinary last night - the point I am making, is that I highly doubt his first thought would be “TRASH”.

Look, 25 touches is all great but a REAL great player convert those into goals. At a ratio of at least 1 goal per two touches, Rayner not getting 12-13 goals is a real disappointment for a pick 1 player.

Now fielding trade offers.

Number of times Fritsch has had 25 disposals and kicked 2 goals?

I’ve done the research and I can confirm that Fritsch has never achieved this feat. 5 career games with 25+, in only one of those did he hit the scoreboard for a singular goal.

All of these games were between 2018-2019 too so a fair while back

I’ve done the research and I can confirm that Fritsch has never achieved this feat. 5 career games with 25+, in only one of those did he hit the scoreboard for a singular goal.

That was before Fritter changed to focus on only get cheap over the back goals

I'm surprised he has even had 25 disposals once in a game tbh

Sad The Office GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey team, this is where the party seems to be.

So what's the general feeling about Cameron Rayner around here?

Let’s be honest Floggster168 has never had a victory, most likely in anything-ever.

If all the posters in this thread were being drafted on their ability to post about Cam, he’d be pick 30, tops. Definitely wouldn’t go in the first round.

I know his stats look good, he accumulates posts, but they’re all low impact. And I evaluate posters using the eye test, anyway.

Meanwhile, throw a blanket over Elixuh, Nunez and Meteoric Rise, all in the mix to go at #1. You’d be rapt to land any of them!

If all the posters in this thread were being drafted on their ability to post about Cam, he’d be pick 30, tops. Definitely wouldn’t go in the first round.

I know his stats look good, he accumulates posts, but they’re all low impact. And I evaluate posters using the eye test, anyway.

Meanwhile, throw a blanket over Elixuh, Nunez and Meteoric Rise, all in the mix to go at #1. You’d be rapt to land any of them!

Appreciate your support, but credit to the boys. I can't play the role I do without support in the coalface from Elixuh and the on-field coaching of Meteoric Rise .

Appreciate your support, but credit to the boys. I can't play the role I do without support in the coalface from Elixuh and the on-field coaching of Meteoric Rise .

Humble, too!

Just keep taking it one post at a time, and running straight through those flimsy arguments Daniel puts up, like… like…

… oh, what’s something that charges through something, with pure brute strength and frightening power? If only I had a metaphor for this! If only Cam were here, he’d know for sure.

We need to put out an urgent APB on danster168 last seen heading south very rapidly on Dead End Argument Street, wearing Melbourne Football Club apparel with more front than Myers and number 31 on the back. He is unarmed but also no longer has a leg to stand on. Highly likely to be muttering to himself. Please do not approach him with a rational argument, this will not work, I repeat, will not work. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back