Cam Spudderson

Remove this Banner Ad

See post 198. Answer the question.
Yeah Royals tell us again about how Pedo wouldn't get a game at Norf.

Then justify the fact that Dawes would be your no. 1 KPF this year. Let's have a quick look at the all important stats - goals for. Hmmm. You've just helped to justify my thread "Does Norf have a better KPF than Chris Dawes". Much appreciated. If any Norf flogs dispute it from now I'll just refer them to you to deal with.

This is a remarkably simplistic way of thinking.

Yes, Black has 6 more goals, with a superior midfield to deliver it to him. Pedo is not an out and out forward. He is a utility who can push up the ground, smash bodies, clunk contested marks everywhere, and help out in the ruck.

And on top of all of that, he only has a few less goals than Black.

It is an absolute no brainer who is having the better season. Seriously dude, get real.

On the contrary Mr Boosh has been extolling to us how good the Demon midfield is, claiming amongst other things Mr N Jones was a special midfielder.

Oh and by the way how many points has Black kicked and Pederson kicked.

Lastly, if Black has been playing shit and has kicked more goals than any forward Melbourne has on its list this year and Pederson has kicked 6 less goals despite playing at career best form, what does this say.

A more reasonable argument could be made comparing Pederson and Petrie, given Petrie's ruck work but what is the goal and point difference there.

Yeah Royals tell us again about how Pedo wouldn't get a game at Norf.

Then justify the fact that Dawes would be your no. 1 KPF this year. Let's have a quick look at the all important stats - goals for. Hmmm. You've just helped to justify my thread "Does Norf have a better KPF than Chris Dawes". Much appreciated. If any Norf flogs dispute it from now I'll just refer them to you to deal with.
TMB can you please give me the figure of goals and behinds for Pederson and Black.

You've deflected again and again and again....

On the contrary Mr Boosh has been extolling to us how good the Demon midfield is, claiming amongst other things Mr N Jones was a special midfielder.

Oh and by the way how many points has Black kicked and Pederson kicked.

Lastly, if Black has been playing shit and has kicked more goals than any forward Melbourne has on its list this year and Pederson has kicked 6 less goals despite playing at career best form, what does this say.

A more reasonable argument could be made comparing Pederson and Petrie, given Petrie's ruck work but what is the goal and point difference there.
Two points. Yes, Jones would be your best mid. Only competition is Dal S at this point. It's realistic. Norf have a better midfield than the Dees. I've conceded this for years but Norf fans always ignore it. One player doesn't make a team Royals.

Secondly, tell us honestly, has Black had a shit year?

TMB can you please give me the figure of goals and behinds for Pederson and Black.

You've deflected again and again and again....
Royals, I imagine Black has more goals than Pedo, I can concede that, I don't know the total number and don't see the point of looking them up when you so obviously do know them. If they are part of your argument post them FFS and then stop using it as a deflection. Try to reply to my few posts now that we've established Black has more total goals than Pedo.

Two points. Yes, Jones would be your best mid. Only competition is Dal S at this point. It's realistic. Norf have a better midfield than the Dees. I've conceded this for year but Norf fans always ignore it. One player doesn't make a team Royals.

Secondly, tell us honestly, has Black had a shit year?
FFS TMB, you're not a turnip, you've shown that in in past with some of your trolling.

So stop deflecting:

How many points and goals has black kicked this year?
How many points and goals has pederson kicked this year?

I've said before Black has not been playing at his best but his medium is better than Pederson's best and I would prefer, IMHO, to have Black in my side over Pederson, every minute of the day.

I've said before Black has not been playing at his best but his medium is better than Pederson's best and I would prefer, IMHO, to have Black in my side over Pederson, every minute of the day.
In your mind has Black had a better 2014 than Pedo?

P.S. please just tell us the goals total for each player this year. It will make you feel better and you can relax.

How much value do you place on defensive pressure? Pedersen has been excellent for a big fella in that department also.

Would you take Brown/Daw instead of Pedo? They are competing for one spot are they not?

And incidentally, you can always just post stats instead of asking smarmy questions about what they are.

The questions are getting too hard for Royals and he's done a runner.

Royals, here is a list of the goal kicking total for 2014.
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2014&rt=LA&st=GO
Notice that the highest KPF on there for both our teams is Chris Dawes. Given you will only accept this as the defining criteria for forwards this year I now expect you to admit Chris Dawes is better than any Norf KPF.

Last edited:
Two points. Yes, Jones would be your best mid. Only competition is Dal S at this point. It's realistic. Norf have a better midfield than the Dees. I've conceded this for years but Norf fans always ignore it. One player doesn't make a team Royals.
It's been conceded a number of times who has the better midfield/team overall, but Norfies are just basically unwilling to accept that any Melbourne player is any good. Jones and Dunn have received numerous mentions in the AA thread by supporters of various clubs, but somehow it is all just Demon delusion. I really don't know why it offends them so much to admit that Melbourne have some decent players amongst a lot of ordinary ones.

I did find it interesting that Cunnington, the midfielder who they touted as being better than Jones, amassed 14 touches on the weekend. He was shut down with relative ease. Maybe they should change their answer to Levi Greenwood.

It's been conceded a number of times who has the better midfield/team overall, but Norfies are just basically unwilling to accept that any Melbourne player is any good. Jones and Dunn have received numerous mentions in the AA thread by supporters of various clubs, but somehow it is all just Demon delusion. I really don't know why it offends them so much to admit that Melbourne have some decent players amongst a lot of ordinary ones.

I did find it interesting that Cunnington, the midfielder who they touted as being better than Jones, amassed 14 touches on the weekend. He was shut down with relative ease. Maybe they should change their answer to Levi Greenwood.
Well I've not discounted Jones. Dunn, meh but Jones is good. As good as Cunnington, again a matter of opinion but certainly in the same neighbourhood.

Brown is just starting out so he just got a run. Daw it appears has his problems off the field but he costs us SFA, so I'm not stressed a great deal.

Black on the other hand has that dreaded word "potential" and last year was very good for him. He has time to get good at the right end of the season.

I wish Pederson well and Roos has done an excellent job with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I've not discounted Jones. Dunn, meh but Jones is good. As good as Cunnington, again a matter of opinion but certainly in the same neighbourhood.

Brown is just starting out so he just got a run. Daw it appears has his problems off the field but he costs us SFA, so I'm not stressed a great deal.

Black on the other hand has that dreaded word "potential" and last year was very good for him. He has time to get good at the right end of the season.

I wish Pederson well and Roos has done an excellent job with him.
So if you wouldn't mind answering the question, would you play either of Brown or Daw ahead of Pedo this season?

So if you wouldn't mind answering the question, would you play either of Brown or Daw ahead of Pedo this season?
Well, I'd prefer the bloke you haven't named, Tarrant, of all those if wanted height.

As Tarrant is injured, and has been for most of the year, I'd continue with the Brown experiment because sooner rather than later someone has to take over from Petrie as a key forward and we need to get games into him to see whether he is that player.

If Brown and Tarrant weren't available then I'd look at Pederson of the players you named.

The off the field stuff one brings to a game is not a good thing to bring to the game and for that reason, despite his physical attributes, would not play Daw. That said, Daw has a lot more upside than Pederson, but getting Daw's football brain working is another matter.

Well, I'd prefer the bloke you haven't named, Tarrant, of all those if wanted height.

As Tarrant is injured, and has been for most of the year, I'd continue with the Brown experiment because sooner rather than later someone has to take over from Petrie as a key forward and we need to get games into him to see whether he is that player.

If Brown and Tarrant weren't available then I'd look at Pederson of the players you named.

The off the field stuff one brings to a game is not a good thing to bring to the game and for that reason, despite his physical attributes, would not play Daw. That said, Daw has a lot more upside than Pederson, but getting Daw's football brain working is another matter.
Well we are talking best 22 here. Not "getting games into players" or "more upside".

You are massively clutching at straws here, and you're doing it to avoid admitting what is the bleeding obvious.

Well we are talking best 22 here. Not "getting games into players" or "more upside".

You are massively clutching at straws here, and you're doing it to avoid admitting what is the bleeding obvious.
No we are not.

Pederson has probably got as far he is going to get and we don't need to get games into spuds with limited upside . If Melbourne want to, great, but I'd prefer to move on from having to play blokes with limited skill.

At his best, Pederson is probably player number 18-22 of the players you would choose.

The big three big forwards at this time in my view are Black, Petrie and Tarrant.

But good luck to you with Pederson.

he played for norf LOL what did you expect melbourne?

The big three big forwards at this time in my view are Black, Petrie and Tarrant.
Lol. I just wanted to repeat this for laughs. You've obviously chosen that with a mind for the future given Black is playing like arse at the moment and Tarrant is injured (though played like arse beforehand). And then you include Petrie. Cause he's gonna be around for many more years as your key FF.

Seriously, I can't think of a team which has worse KPF's. Perhaps the Bombers will after half the team is banned. Or mayber the bulldogs? Nah. It's Norf.

And still no comment on Chris Dawes being the best forward of the bunch by your own criteria Royals.

RObbie Tarrant. Lol. 39 games in 7 or 8 years on your list. And he has not been injured that whole time. He was a first round pick was he not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam Spudderson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back