Veteran 10k Posts
Oct 1, 2001
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BH, SAS, BRFC, MVFC.
...so says Brock McLean on 3AW.

I know it doesn't mean much (we had Jordan Barham do a preseason with us a few years ago), but McLean said Hunter was aiming to get on the rookie list.

I don't remember much about him besides being horridly lightweight when he made his debut.

Was selected at pick 54 a few years back. 3 picks after Tim Boyle.

And as Clarkson said on the radio awhile ago, we have a dozen Box Hill guys training there too. Team unity and development I'd say.

Might just be having a look at him, wouldn't have thought we'd pick him up and get rid of Kirkby.... seem more logical to see how Kirkby, a 'potential' forward would develop rather than a skinny guy of about 21? who hasn't made it yet.

Stuggled to get in their VFL side at one stage. Skinny courageous player...... we have enough players who are under weight (Young, Thurgood, Clarke etc,) already, but all the best to him.

May be worth a look if the coaching staff have invited him down I spose, must see something in him.

Don't think you're deprived of keeping up with young Thomas Willday's (non) exploits over in Victoria. I live in Perth and I've never seen the bloke either. They don't telecast the WAFL ressies.

mattyc2422 said:
...so says Brock McLean on 3AW.
..... Hunter was aiming to get on the rookie list.
I like his foresight.

In his first year he showed alot of fearless passion, but unfortunately he wasn't able to build on that. Still very skinny and struggled to break into Sandy's firsts towards the end of the season.

You'd think this is one of the situation that Pelchen handles. Doesn't he play a role in identifying blokes from other clubs that could make it in a new environment? ...

mattyc2422 said:
You'd think this is one of the situation that Pelchen handles. Doesn't he play a role in identifying blokes from other clubs that could make it in a new environment? ...
yeah apparently that's his specialty.

Port were believed to be a very good judge of player when drafting/trading. I don't know if that was Pelchen's influence or not, but remember hearing about Port having a good eye for talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cameron Hunter from Dees doing preseason with Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back